Chuc

February 2016 Recap

DAkAR   

Love the new animations, though the RPG setup could be a little faster in my opinion. that "moving hold", when he pops up the sight, feels a little unnatural to me. great stuff nontheless. 
As for for the rest, i am exited as everyone else. 

What happened to new update, i understand you encountered problems to make vehicles work for now , but can we at least get update for other things?

(Bad network optimization, small stutering, dead players feet "walking" , still got a problem when i turn back with slow loading of textures, balistics seems wrong and the worst of all for me for some reason i go from like 60-80 fps to like 0 - 1 on some maps , for no apperent reason. Its been the same from begining.)

I can say i am really pleased with potential and ideas you guys have for this game, but update rate and work quality for now seems lacking.

(For example, Insurgency has very good feel to shooting and hiting targets , while here it is not the case. Also lag is way too high on 10/50 Mbit connection. (i got no lag in other games i play. ) 

I understand its alpha , but its been 3 and half months since i bought a game and still got same issues that team with good programers should have been able to sort out at least to a point by now.

Congrats on geting rid of hackers, some nice animations, nice feel to teamwork and usage of mic, that is really good , and you did awesome job on those and many more, but it appears you need maybe couple more good quality guys on your team to make this game really great.

No disrespect , its just if i join server with more than 20-30 people frames drop to a level where game feels just wrong.... and if i go to play on server with less people if i can find one there is no point to play it, because you need to spend to much time walking till you get to any action at all. And pc is actually not that bad . ( i5 4670k, 8gb ram, ssd drive, phantom 760 gtx)

elerik   
3 minutes ago, MichelGTX said:

What happened to new update, i understand you encountered problems to make vehicles work for now , but can we at least get update for other things?.........

Learn how to be patient padavan :) 

This is not game for one day....one year. ... its for one decade. You have 3 months behind. Look forward and train yourself. Its good skill "patient" many people around in real life will appreciate it. 

Please, not another "I'm concerned updates are too slow because I make assumptions about how game development is supposed to work" post. Just give it some time. Poor performance sucks for sure but it'll get worked out eventually. One assumption I'll make is that the devs are working their butts off for us.

LookAss   
1 hour ago, fatalsushi said:

Please, not another "I'm concerned updates are too slow because I make assumptions about how game development is supposed to work" post. Just give it some time. Poor performance sucks for sure but it'll get worked out eventually. One assumption I'll make is that the devs are working their butts off for us.

Mmmm.... this is a paid game. Devs are working their butts because that is their job. I'm not trying to diminish their effort, but let's be honest.... they are not angels that fell from the sky to make us happy. We bought a game and we all want to get a game that works.

For the moment I'm really happy with the development (sure, I want it to be faster, but that's only my wish) and I enjoy every match.

elerik   
24 minutes ago, LookAss said:

Mmmm.... this is a paid game. Devs are working their butts because that is their job. I'm not trying to diminish their effort, but let's be honest.... they are not angels that fell from the sky to make us happy. We bought a game and we all want to get a game that works.

For the moment I'm really happy with the development (sure, I want it to be faster, but that's only my wish) and I enjoy every match.

This is not usual game. They are develop it because we paid it. PR community wanted new game. They made PR mod before for free. Now we paid them to create new game for us. And they do their best. 

We bought rare life experience not just product. We are all community. Game logic is Team. Community is team. If we speed up growing we will destroy it. For example logging industry. Spruce is long living tree. Even 700 years. But we humans seed them close. They grow fast up. In their 20 we cut them and create ikea shelf bullshit. Today many peoples think that Spruce is just short living tree. Tree rings are far each other because tree is stressed. Battlefield series was great idea. Fast growing destroyed it. 

The most dangerous for OUR developers is if they will start believe in golden dust. They should be very cautious with it and control each other if they keep up. AT this moment their answer is "we have enough for normal live, no ferarri". Same for community. If we will get everything fast and great. We will lost it. Most beauty with this game is in hype train, expectations, disappointment and surprising. Emotions. Patient and waiting. We have years ahead. Why should we hurry to home stretch.  Turtle :) 

We have just one sure in life. We will die. Nothing more. 

Edited by elerik

24 minutes ago, elerik said:

This is not usual game. They are develop it because we paid it. PR community wanted new game. They made PR mod before for free. Now we paid them to create new game for us. And they do their best. 

We bought rare life experience not just product. We are all community. Game logic is Team. Community is team. If we speed up growing we will destroy it. For example logging industry. Spruce is long living tree. Even 700 years. But we humans seed them close. They grow fast up. In their 20 we cut them and create ikea shelf bullshit. Today many peoples think that Spruce is just short living tree. Tree rings are far each other because tree is stressed. Battlefield series was great idea. Fast growing destroyed it. 

The most dangerous for OUR developers is if they will start believe in golden dust. They should be very cautious with it and control each other if they keep up. AT this moment their answer is "we have enough for normal live, no ferarri". Same for community. If we will get everything fast and great. We will lost it. Most beauty with this game is in hype train, expectations, disappointment and surprising. Emotions. Patient and waiting. We have years ahead. Why should we hurry to home stretch.  Turtle :) 

We have just one sure in life. We will die. Nothing more. 

You sir deffinetly have a point, at least to an extent. However my concern is that , game with the pace it is going will never be what it might be.

Attitude of great patients and mentioning of words like year, and decades does not wake up to confidence. Unreal4 engine is very powerfull, and as it appears there is alot placeholder content , and ...to be things. That is ok, i just got burned once allready with project C.A.R.S. . Turned out everything but what they said it would be.

Pc shooters, should have fluidity to them, it is extremely important part. Also the way gun sways , recoils, balistics, and so on, are of utter importance to shooter. With minimal to no noticable lag. This game kinda fails at the moment on each of those aspects. And at Steam store for example, a part of selling strategy it says: Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay. Major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay

It does not say it WILL be (in months,years,decades) it say it IS . We did not pay 37 eurs to not be able to play. Dont get me wrong, i allready have a lot of hours of gameplay and i DO THINK there are awesome gameplay at times, and i enjoy playing. I really love idea of game, i am no hater in any sense. Just because i am pointing out to something does not mean i am here to make damage to anyone or offend, just to make things as they are.(Maybe even make little bit of presure just not to get you so relaxed :)  Some maps play out at hour or two hours of gameplay, and you know the feeling you are working with your team and everything and game just dies on you. And not once or twice, but once in every 2 maps. Sometimes up to 2 times per map.One of my concerns is this.... if you guys take that much time to fix most basic things , the community will abandon game, there wont be enough players to play on 72 players server not to mention 100, if it take a year to fix this hangouts , performance issues and so on.

2 hours ago, MichelGTX said:

the community will abandon game

You cannot speak for the entire community knowing that this is just an alpha, no offense but I think people like you buy these games without even understand what an alpha means

It's only been three months since its release and people know that this will take not less than 2 years...maybe you make a mistake buying an ALPHA game.....not even BETA 

Edited by =Jack-Daniels=

41 minutes ago, =Jack-Daniels= said:

You cannot speak for the entire community knowing that this is just an alpha, no offense but I think people like you buy these games without even understand what an alpha means

It's only been three months since its release and people know that this will take not less than 2 years...maybe you make a mistake buying an ALPHA game.....not even BETA 

Ofcourse, you are right i cant speak about community in that way , like i know what is going to happen for sure. Thing is , I am playing games on pc since 1996 i think, played pretty much every shooter worth mentioning from than till date. So , although i got no idea what means to be developer, i know very , very well things, on "consumer" side of the story. I am very familiar with reception of games, from gamers depending on how good game was, and so on. And i was just talking from experience, knowing how things ended for games , that had problems with most basic things about them. Squad is a game with nice potential, thats why i am hoping it starts picking up pace.

1 hour ago, MichelGTX said:

i know very , very well things, on "consumer" side of the story.

So why you bought a game in ALPHA?? what do you expect from a game in this stage? 

Be patience, the good things take some time.

Mumble   

Michel,

This game is centered on patience. Just like the gameplay, the development roadmap will require some patience from you as well. Glad to know you enjoy the game, it's just bothersome to everyone to hear this "pick up the pace" mentality. The devs don't want to hear it, the community doesn't want to hear it. Of course, we'd all love to have the updates roll out in the next week. Unfortunately for those in a rush, the developers are methodical and focused on making a great game, not making an okay game quick.

Disco   
8 hours ago, MichelGTX said:

No disrespect , its just if i join server with more than 20-30 people frames drop to a level where game feels just wrong.... and if i go to play on server with less people if i can find one there is no point to play it, because you need to spend to much time walking till you get to any action at all. And pc is actually not that bad . ( i5 4670k, 8gb ram, ssd drive, phantom 760 gtx)

Hmmm... There has to be something wrong on your end... i got pretty same spec and its ok here. Always above 35-40 fps... (i5 4690k, 8gb ram, ssd drive, 760 gtx) But you might have higher expectation? I was on AMD before and i really appreciate my fps now :)

DAkAR   

How are people always so impatient? What do they think making games is like? 
Money dont grow on tries, neither do games. 

You bought an alpha or pre-alpha after all, not a gold master! <- Big difference.
Be patient and let the devs do what they do, they most likely now best about their game! 

I appreciate the slow pase, makes for a better experience in the end when things are well developed 

Edited by DAkAR

Tilen   

What do you mean by impatience though? Michael is just pointing out legitimate concerns and does so by providing arguments. What I wonder is why do so many people on these forums feel the urge to toss the devs' salad all the time.

Constructive criticism and feedback is what they want, do they not? On top of that there's a moderation team that can do their job perfectly well. And yet there's this legion of people anxious to jump on anyone who has the slightest critique about anything related to the game, just making asses of themselves.

There is nothing inherently wrong in being concerned about development pace of a game in this new development model, Early Access, which is being abuse left and right... and isn't even defined well. To be blunt: you are "fanboy"-ing here.

Edited by Tilen

Dubs   
35 minutes ago, Tilen said:

What do you mean by impatience though? Michael is just pointing out legitimate concerns and does so by providing arguments. What I wonder is why do so many people on these forums feel the urge to toss the devs' salad all the time.

Constructive criticism and feedback is what they want, do they not? On top of that there's a moderation team that can do their job perfectly well. And yet there's this legion of people anxious to jump on anyone who has the slightest critique about anything related to the game, just making asses of themselves.

There is nothing inherently wrong in being concerned about development pace of a game in this new development model, Early Access, which is being abuse left and right... and isn't even defined well. To be blunt: you are "fanboy"-ing here.

Expressing concerns is fine, but saying Things like " but update rate and work quality for now seems lacking "  etc Annoy people. Because it implies the devs aren't working their asses off when they're extremely vocal on what they're doing and trying to release us  polished content instead of half arsed.

The current way of development has plagued peoples minds and when a dev team takes the more careful and proper approach, they get hounded by people saying development pace is too slow and they're forgetting about this and that. OWI say on the regular what they're working on and have stated this game will be developed over 1+ years and have repeated over and over again, that a lot of the things people want fixed will eventually be focused on, but for now they're focusing on this.

Major things are being worked on, netcode, animations system and a bunch of other things that will improve current things and open the paths for new things to be implemented. The animation system alone will open the door to implement defensive and offensive emplacements, vehicle content and increase FPS and reducing the performance cost. Devs constantly answering the same concerns, mods answering the same concerns, the community answering the same concerns all the time. It gets old fast and it seems like people miss the functioning search bar up above which would put their repeated concerns at ease.

People will fanboy and people will pretend to be better than everyone and white knight.

Edited by Dubs

7 hours ago, Dubs said:

Expressing concerns is fine, but saying Things like " but update rate and work quality for now seems lacking "  etc Annoy people. Because it implies the devs aren't working their asses off when they're extremely vocal on what they're doing and trying to release us  polished content instead of half arsed.

Look, if I insulted anyone i am sorry, but i think from my posts it is clear that there is no bad intention here. Thing is , it looks to me that people are genneraly little overhyped about this game.(In a sense , so they do not allow for someone to pose oppionion that is not absolutly praising it.) One game that started the same way with same tactics was Rfactor 2 for example. Community was all fanboys (me included at the time) of Rfactor 1 with mods, expecting everything the old game had plus tons of promised stuff. It failed miserebly. Thing i noticed ? Whenever there was a guy saying this needs to change it sucks, there were fanboys saying to the guy to keep his mouth shut. And the end product was disaster. Worst thing for me was to hear that , developers of rfactor 2 for example TURNED DOWN a help from a guy that made shaders better optimised and looking pretier than theirs :( You really need some critical thinking to get things right, and couple of posts like mine here should be even welcomed.

The main thing is , i started talking here because i honostly care about this game, and i care about developers. I am certanly not here to moan just for sake of moaning. And i also intend after the next update comes, to help devs and post about bugs i encounter in their given form, also suggestions and everything.

And just to make one thing clear, even at my work as i guess at any other, when you are not doing 100% you could or should, someone will say look i like this and this, but you need to make this part better, this faster and so on. I am not taking it like he said to me that he hates me and i can go F... myself. Emotions and buisness should not mix too much. And this is buisness deal. This amount of money , for this amount and this quality of game, ofcourse in reasonable amount of time. Nothing more, nothing less.

odd to say sure, but I like alpha games as I love anticipating updates, I get bored fairly easily (unless im passionate - eg: Squad) but the excitement and suspense of updates draws me to alphas...odd I know, but I like reading each monthly recap, waiting for the next right away etc...its like a constant hype pinch haha

DAkAR   
On 18.3.2016 at 1:14 PM, Tilen said:

Call me whatever you want, fanboy or not, i dont give a****. i certainly hope things dont pick up pace just for the sake of it. i hope they achieve what they want to, cause i believe it will be worth the time waiting.
you cant have a new game every year but maintain a state of the art type quality. look at CoD and BF. they dont even try cause they know it cant be done and they have hundrets of people working on those games instead of ~25.

oh and btw. 
this legion of people you are refering to are those people, that make the game what it is and are those that will continue making this game what it should be. personally i am not a player since 2005 but i wish i was and i am more than greatfull this legion exists so all the CoD kids dont ruin the game eventually. 
sure there is nothing wrong about being concerned about early access, but there is also nothing wrong with getting informed before being concerned. 

Edited by DAkAR