Sign in to follow this  
RJTravis

The M4 recoil is this right?

So am I just crazy or does the M4 have more recoil then the AK?

The M4 seems fake like they added recoil for balance and it feels like a cheap band-aid

I LOVE the AK its just so good you can 3-6 round burst at any range and be on target the gun is super strong almost to the point its scary.

Then when I am on the US team and I'm the medic I get a M4 with a super unrealistic iron sight or should I clarify a unrealistic rendering of what the human eye sees when looking down a M4 or any iron sight. "I mean come on wtf is with game devs not rendering iron sights right? the back post should be very blurry almost see thru once you line up the post and you focus on your target it shouldnt look like your aiming thru a bee bee hole :P "

anyways feel free to tell me I'm wrong but please inform me why  thanks :P

Disclaimer "This is just my opinion and is in no way meant to be taken as truth this is just how I see the recoil from my perspective and it may not feel the same way to you."

I'm almost 100% sure  the AK in-game is the AK47 shooting 7.62 I  could be wrong tho.

also I own a M4 and in no way does the thing even move much when I fire it I understand its not full auto as full auto has been out law'ed for civiz :P but I can fire it almost as fast with less recoil :P

I guess I should state I own a AK47 and a M4 and fire both a monthly basis. 

Looking to buy a H&K 417 S and a Scar-H some time this year  if I get lucky :P

I'm almost 100% sure  the AK in-game is the AK47 shooting 7.62 I  could be wrong tho.

You are wrong :) The majority of the AK's in Squad are AK-74's which fire a round close to that of the M4. The AKM that a few kits have does fire the 7.62 though.

And ingame the M4 and AK-74 have basically the same recoil.

All recoil in game is wrong, and i suppose it will be changed.

Recoil in this game is exaggerated.  Cant even get a 3 round burst off accurately without pulling my mouse off the mousepad.

Sgt. Ross (one of the devs) said in another post that the recoil is exaggerated on purpose to encourage people to use semi auto. I really like how semi auto is actually very effective in this game (in every other shooter peopel use full auto all the time because there's so little recoil) but at the same time I don't really like that recoil being artificially exagerrated, if that's really the case. But keep in mind, this game is still very much work in progress, including weapon recoil, and it will change.

Anyway, this have been talked about A LOT in about 3-4 other threads and it always ends with the thread being locked. Please read through those threads and think about how to bring something new to this discussion. If this just turns into another "recoil is too much, lower it!" thread, it's going to get locked as well because the devs seem to be very firm on their design decisions regarding recoil.

Sgt. Ross (one of the devs) said in another post that the recoil is exaggerated on purpose to encourage people to use semi auto.

sounds like an excuse for not getting it right to be honest. i hate it when dev's do certain things to encourage (force) players in a certain direction.

sounds like an excuse for not getting it right to be honest. i hate it when dev's do certain things to encourage (force) players in a certain direction.

Heaven forbid the devs "encourage" people to play the game how they (the devs) would like...  :P

Isn't a M-4 in real life known for having less recoil than a standard AK?

"Standard AK' doesn't really mean anything. Any 7.62 AK pattern rifle will have more recoil than an M4, yes. However, as stated above, most of the time when you're using an AK in this game, it's a 74, not a 47. Different round, different ballistics, different everything. And yes, personally, I feel that 5.45 recoils much less than 5.56. The AK is heavier, which will eliminate a lot of the recoil felt by the shooter. 

Sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about. If you want no recoil go play CoD. If you have a constructive suggestion how to achieve realistic recoil with having balance in mind, go ahead.

Dont you dare tell me I need to control my spray better either.. that's bullshit.  I'm a Supreme Master in cs go after the rank shift/was Global Elite before and I know how to control a controllable recoil.

Pffhhhaahhaaa and yet you cannot manage Squads' recoil?

Make this better, and stop catering to the care bears.

It sounds like you're the care bear here, demanding less recoil. Cute.

One word: Placeholders. I've heard some time ago that as of now the recoil values are pretty much the same, and hence the only reason why the M4A1 takes you to new heights (literally) so fast is because it's rate of fire is significantly higher.

And no, not all ARs are more controllable than AKs. 7.62x39mm? Yeah yeah, but 5.45mm? With that big muzzle brake? I've heard from some people that the AK-74 actually has less recoil than an M4, but then again, preferences vary.

And I'd trust those devs on their stance on recoil. We're looking at people who've fired a gun (SgtRoss is obviously a shooter, and Z-Trooper's damn DP is him holding a rifle). If they feel like recoil is bad they'll outright change it.

There are people who can control their recoil, and rather than just whining about being unable to bring them CS skills into SQUAD, get off your high horse and start learning from scratch. For me, it's semi all the way, and I don't give a rat's ass about the manageability of full-auto, because that's how it's meant to be played.

Even if they want to force you to play in a certain way, how is it bad? This game forces you to play as a team too, would you consider it bad for them to look down on lonewolfing? Would you find it bad the respawn timers are so long because it doesn't give you the freedom to rambo a kilometer away from your squad? You still can, but the entire point is to encourage you to play one way, and discourage the other. Go full-auto all you want, people have mastered that, and it's doable. Yes, the old "git gud" argument does apply here.

Tl;dr: it's the dev's choice as to how to shape up their game to promote a particular play style, and you can go full-auto all youwant, just spam that practice.

One word: Placeholders. I've heard some time ago that as of now the recoil values are pretty much the same, and hence the only reason why the M4A1 takes you to new heights (literally) so fast is because it's rate of fire is significantly higher.

And no, not all ARs are more controllable than AKs. 7.62x39mm? Yeah yeah, but 5.45mm? With that big muzzle brake? I've heard from some people that the AK-74 actually has less recoil than an M4, but then again, preferences vary.

And I'd trust those devs on their stance on recoil. We're looking at people who've fired a gun (SgtRoss is obviously a shooter, and Z-Trooper's damn DP is him holding a rifle). If they feel like recoil is bad they'll outright change it.

There are people who can control their recoil, and rather than just whining about being unable to bring them CS skills into SQUAD, get off your high horse and start learning from scratch. For me, it's semi all the way, and I don't give a rat's ass about the manageability of full-auto, because that's how it's meant to be played.

Even if they want to force you to play in a certain way, how is it bad? This game forces you to play as a team too, would you consider it bad for them to look down on lonewolfing? Would you find it bad the respawn timers are so long because it doesn't give you the freedom to rambo a kilometer away from your squad? You still can, but the entire point is to encourage you to play one way, and discourage the other. Go full-auto all you want, people have mastered that, and it's doable. Yes, the old "git gud" argument does apply here.

Tl;dr: it's the dev's choice as to how to shape up their game to promote a particular play style, and you can go full-auto all youwant, just spam that practice.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to full auto recoil control and skill curves

Sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about. If you want no recoil go play CoD. If you have a constructive suggestion how to achieve realistic recoil with having balance in mind, go ahead.

you did read the complete post including the post i have quoted right?

did i mention that i do not want any recoil anywhere...can't remember that.

the only thing i wrote is that i hate being pushed into a certain direction,

especially when people are using this as an excuse, that's it.

here's a pretty cool video about game recoil, check it out, it's worth watching.

Dont you dare tell me I need to control my spray better either.. that's bullshit.  I'm a Supreme Master in cs go after the rank shift/was Global Elite before and I know how to control a controllable recoil.

If you make the recoil controllable you'll still need to use semi auto to pinpoint an enemy more than 30 meters away.  Make this better, and stop catering to the care bears.

Being a Supreme or GE in CSGO doesn't automatically make you some recoil connoisseur for every FPS game out there . Different games, different mechanics.

You know how to control recoil in CSGO, not in Squad. Your twitch,hand  eye co-ordination and muscle memory are all adjusted to CSGO. Doesn't mean it will for Squad with out practicing on Squad.

This game is built around authenticity. Semi automatic fire is the most common fire select mode used in the military. Its more accurate, tighter grouping, saves ammunition and also reduces the chance of malfunction and over heating. Having slightly exaggerated recoil in a game like squad is good. It makes people control their fire with short controlled burst or rapid single fire. Full auto should only be used in close quarters, even then you should not be emptying a mag to lay a hit down, A 3 - 5 round burst on fully automatic is sufficient to drop a target up close.

Coming in here calling people carebears because they don't want the game to be some run n gun rambo run fully automatic at the enemy type of game is the wrong way to go about it mate. Funnily enough this game is the complete opposite of "carebear". 

Have not had any issues with recoil, it might be a bit much yes. Maybe they'll change it up a bit in the future to test how it impacts gameplay, but as long as you just use the iron sight you should be fine. You guys might wanna wait for the movement speed to be slowed down if you have too much trouble hitting your targets.

There's always a reason for things being the way they are.

I'm looking forward to slower movement, momentum, and penalties for dolphin diving.

Edited by ComedyInK
Keep it civil

and penalties for dolphin diving.

I love the idea of being forced to stand straight up so the enemy has a better chance to shoot at me... ahh not

Nm that fact that you're taught to go prone in established doctrine, lets give a penatly to the person trying to protect themselves since apparently ppl are having difficultly shifting their fire down.

yeah seems legit...

Dropping prone violently and not losing sight picture for an instant doesn't seem right. You even get less sway and therefore more accurate fire immediately after dropping. I'm saying that at least your reticule should sway for a moment when you hit the dirt.

I love the idea of being forced to stand straight up so the enemy has a better chance to shoot at me... ahh not

Nm that fact that you're taught to go prone in established doctrine, lets give a penatly to the person trying to protect themselves since apparently ppl are having difficultly shifting their fire down.

yeah seems legit...

I've never heard of a person being able to drop on his body in half a second while simultaneously being able to exert proper trigger usage, sight alignment and recoil control. Even DICE noticed they screwed up with BF2's Prone Dive mechanics and added a fire delay and accuracy increase when going prone.

Going prone in CQC is all cool if the enemy has a bolt action rifle and you look into your newspaper and the date is 1916. Diving down nowadays when everyone has a fully automatic firearm and you have protective vests just means you a) lose the shoot out and b) you're likely to catch a bullet to the face instead of your vest. And last I checked a bullet to the face is non bueno.

So am I just crazy or does the M4 have more recoil then the AK?

The M4 seems fake like they added recoil for balance and it feels like a cheap band-aid

I LOVE the AK its just so good you can 3-6 round burst at any range and be on target the gun is super strong almost to the point its scary.

Then when I am on the US team and I'm the medic I get a M4 with a super unrealistic iron sight or should I clarify a unrealistic rendering of what the human eye sees when looking down a M4 or any iron sight. "I mean come on wtf is with game devs not rendering iron sights right? the back post should be very blurry almost see thru once you line up the post and you focus on your target it shouldnt look like your aiming thru a bee bee hole :P "

anyways feel free to tell me I'm wrong but please inform me why  thanks :P

Disclaimer "This is just my opinion and is in no way meant to be taken as truth this is just how I see the recoil from my perspective and it may not feel the same way to you."

No, you're not crazy. The devs have stated time and time again that the AK-74 has less recoil in game than the M4A1. The M4 and  M4A1 in game seem to have a fictitious amount of recoil because, well, they do. I'm sure at this point it sounds like I'm beating it in, but I've put tens of thousands of rounds through all different ARs and a few thousand rounds through AK-74s and I can honestly say that the AK-74 has less recoil, but not by the amount that's in game. The semi-automatic recoil for the AK-74 isn't far off from reality, but the AR's is well out of whack once you get to firing more than one round every second (double taps, triple taps, bursts, etc.). I too feel that it's a cheap trick to give the AK-74 and M4A1 advantages in different areas (their usefulness at different rages, specifically) and I really dislike it.

As for the AR's rear iron sight, it's the 0-2 Night iron which, in reality, the devs should know goes completely unused by 90% of people. It looks like shit because the 0-2 is pretty shit and the diopter sight should be used instead, though they're hard to properly replicate in a video game.

Some parts of your statement are indeed an opinion but the AK's recoil being significantly less than that of the M4 series is 100% true. It's a poor method of making the weapons feel different in my opinion.

Isn't a M-4 in real life known for having less recoil than a standard AK?

Than an AKM? Yes. Than an AK-74? No. The AK-74 has a massive muzzle brake and a slow round that really tames recoil, but the M4 has an A2 birdcage which is just a giant piece of shit all around when it comes to muzzle devices. That being said, the M4 has way exaggerated recoil when compared to reality and it should be lowered because the forced attempt to make things dissimilar when they are literally DESIGNED to be similar is really, really dumb. 

I admit I skipped the rest of the posts after 3rd post since I have read and wrote and argued my share all ready in this subject in the past, but from my notice the recoil of M4 starts differently, while I can get somewhat AKs to control the m4 kind of kicks to skies before I have time to respond to the recoil. I have not tested this anyway remotely scientifically, but that is image I get while playing.. Sgt.Ross did mention a months ago that they did implement some sort of exponential recoil system, I have wondered if M4 didn't get it or if the implementation is bugged.

What comes to M4 vs AK, yes majority of the AKs in game are chambered to 5.45x39m or that is what it atleast used to be.

...and current recoil is already toned down what it used to be.