Sign in to follow this  
wse_jack

Adding A weapon sight FOV SLIDER

Ever since yall got rid of the 80 fov option, it's been a real b--- to use the m16 and some of the Kalashnikov sights. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a huge fan of running around at 80 fov, but you could see down the sights reasonably well, now at 90 not only does it give the americans a huge advantage with their aimpoints, but it also is very hard to aim at range on a smaller monitor.

I would love to play all the time on a large TV, but unfortunetly I can't, and when I switch to my 23" monitor, it's very difficult to sight up at range on the ironsights, expecialy the M4 and M16 irons, which have the peep sight ring.

Don't get me wrong, it's actually kinda cool that you don't zoom in automaticly when you bring up your weapons sights, expecialy in a game where you often need to move with them raised (also cool), but in real life, well, sh-- is a lot bigger, and like I said, I just can't play all the time on my TV. I can't be the only one out there that still has a standard computer monitor for gaming, and even at a larger size than 23", it would still be a b--- to use the ring sights or the ak's, at the 90 slider, expecialy with all the alising that the game has at this stage (even with AA maxed out).

If we could get a seperate slider to compensate for this, something that allows a minor adjustment to the FOV when the weaponsights are brought up, I think that would not only make the game much less frustraiting but it would even out the playing field in a lot of ways, till the other teams get aimpoints as well (you know you want to do that... common... we all want it...).

Nothing major, just a bump that brings the fov to say 80 when your sighted up, and of course, leaving it as a seperate slider* would cover those who do play on their big ass TV's.

*Plus, sliders are cool, just one more reason... infact, the only thing cooler than a slider is a dolly, you should make it a dolly, nevermind the slider, FOV dolly.

You do realize that if you give everyone the ability to zoom in a little bit more you give it to the "oh so OP" US too, right? It wouldn't change anything. As all the experienced players keep saying, over and over and over again, don't try to engage scopes from distance, the different factions in the game need different playstyles. Insurgents just have to get up close and personal.

You do realize that if you give everyone the ability to zoom in a little bit more you give it to the "oh so OP" US too, right? It wouldn't change anything. As all the experienced players keep saying, over and over and over again, don't try to engage scopes from distance, the different factions in the game need different playstyles. Insurgents just have to get up close and personal.

Get up close and personal in maps where the cap point is always in a valley?

Good luck getting anywhere when you get shit on by the US optics.

Get up close and personal in maps where the cap point is always in a valley?

Good luck getting anywhere when you get shit on by the US optics.

Well, you can always sit in a corner pouting, see if that helps. You have smokes, you have SVD's, figure it out. Also, from my experience most of the guys shooting long range atm can't really hit you unless you stand still trying to shoot back, so where's the problem again? Just run through. Sneak through, there is foliage everywhere.

Well, you can always sit in a corner pouting, see if that helps. You have smokes, you have SVD's, figure it out. Also, from my experience most of the guys shooting long range atm can't really hit you unless you stand still trying to shoot back, so where's the problem again? Just run through. Sneak through, there is foliage everywhere.

3 Svd's to cover a team of 37. Right. When the US have like 6+ Optics? Not to mention the RDS which also makes shooting at a range easier. 

What happens when I run out of smoke?

Run thorough into what?

Run into the valley. and get shot at. Throw smoke and entire enemy team knows your position.

Make it into a compound get pinned down and naded to shit by enemy squads.

imo, its not about the scopes being overpowered, its just shit map design which skrews with balance. Maps like the foresty ones are cool, but the more arid ones have too many points in hard to cross valleys.

Would be nice if we could have a default FOV that did not distort the image as current default 90 does.

I can also imagine the 21:9 3440x1440 users would want a lower FOV than 90. Around 75 maybe.

well, it's absolutely possible to hit targets using iron sights at REASONABLE distance, even on a 23 monitor...

No.

However, we will be working on improving the iron sights in the future to be more useable (hopefully). 

We could bring the iron sights closer to the screen to help compensate for that distance between your eyes and your screen, but it would cause major clipping issues due to the true first person system.

We will likely have to do what we did with the optics to prevent the crazy tunneling, which was to create secondary 1p meshes.

No.

However, we will be working on improving the iron sights in the future to be more useable (hopefully).

We could bring the iron sights closer to the screen to help compensate for that distance between your eyes and your screen, but it would cause major clipping issues due to the true first person system.

We will likely have to do what we did with the optics to prevent the crazy tunneling, which was to create secondary 1p meshes.

What about the 21:9 3400x1440 users, theese displays are becomming more and normal as gaming monitors, i can only imagine the default FOV 90, being way to high for that aspect ratio, as it is already slighty to high for 16:9 1920x1080, the image is distorted and has slight fisheye effect.

All i really wish for is a "correct" FOV, by that i mean an image that is not distorted.

I run 1440p just fine. In fact, it should actually make it easier to see with a higher pixel density.

Also, 90 FOV was decided on by Z-Trooper and a few others due to the way the game handles weapons at the moment. 80 FOV was causing far too many issues to be worth it development wise.

No.

I hope your right, for the sake of the game. I too dont care for the way its shown as a SL picking a new squad because everything is full i am left with iron sights vs US optics. A red dot would be nice with 3 new people joined. I couldn't help but lay low and hope to gawd the one didn't see us. Ill try again next update, or next month whichever comes. FOV at 60 is too deep, FOV at 70 is approx right, but still shows long sighted on 1900 res.