Blades

squad clan tags

not sure if this has been suggested or anything before, but i think it would be great if you could set your  in game clan tag up seperate from your steam name, i rather keep my steam name and not change it to a clan based name but whilst in game have my tags represented.

if there is a way to do this already, pls aware me as i am unaware lol

If I remember right, there is already a .ini file dedicated to this; it just hasn't been fully implemented into the game yet.

he didn't mean founder tags.. I assume he meant more like call of duty where you keep your steam name but it adds the clan tags infront of your name only ingame.

he didn't mean founder tags.. I assume he meant more like call of duty where you keep your steam name but it adds the clan tags infront of your name only ingame.

i would mean like on battlefield - origin

you have your name on origin and in battlelog you can join clans or change your tag to your clan name or even something just for yourself, so it appears in game before your name for instance [yoyo]blades, [yoyo] being the tag added

of course squad wont have something like battlelog, but it would be good if they could set up something on squad forums or elsewhere where you register yourself, link your steam account ,people can start clans, invite or request to join the clan, once accepted it will link to your steam and every time you enter a server it will put the clan name/tag in front of your name. people would also be able to search out clans, see who is  a member etc

alternatively they could add something into the menu options where you can add a tag to your name, but that would be a lot more work with a lot of things to sort out later...

Your either reppin or your not. That's how it should be.

I can see lots of tag trolls and much headache with a changeable prefix.

I have [FUBAR] tag on my steam name and some games ignore it, i think what OP is getting at is having an option in game to add your tag so your steam name is just 'GonzoPR' or whatever without tags.

Makes sense, you might play a different game with a different group.

No, I meant founder tags...the ones we were promised if we purchased early. (Not to mention a digital copy of the soundtrack & some other gobbely-gook)

come on devs.... u got to allow/do this... but with registered groups.... imagine having our own insignia on our uniforms, that what its all about lol

this is something i think the majority of players would like to see implemented.... but where was dev???

I assure you blades, this idea has been brought up with the devs and they are receptive to it. As for worries on people imitating clans, talks I'm sure are on going on in regard with the implementation limiting this possibility.

Edited by Nasskicker