bilsantu

Types of Annoying Players

232 posts in this topic
On 04/03/2016 at 2:53 PM, Mellanbror said:

Oh yes, the backseat SLs....

Yesterday or the day before. Kicked four guys in a row just a minute apart for all joining, grabbing SVD and running off and not responding. I usually name my squad MIC AND USING IT, leaves little room for misinterpretation I'd assume.

Back seat SLs absolutely...

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Opening Squads and then dropping SL is a bannable offence on many servers. It's just not a respectful thing to do. Generally the rule is, you start it, you lead it.

Pretty idiotic rule if it comes from what L.J. were after. The 90% of times I join the server I face the same situation, all squads are full, I sit on the list some time. I then have two options create a squad or leave the server. Now (or while I still played time to time) I created squad and often did ask if anyone is interested, now I just quit the game. tbh

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

Posted (edited)

- The guy who complains about not playing as a team, just because I take half of the squad, off the defense flag, to setup an attack FOB and backcap the enemy.

Edited by Peerun

Guy that in chat complains about other SL's even though he's not a SL , and has time to bitch over chat. 

Most of the stuff in the OP is obsolete now and I am too lazy to remove them.

This is kind of a venting thread , i concur ;) Either way there is too many things i would list and most of you have listed them. I would suggest what some PR people including me do sometimes - if someone makes a critical mistake tell them how to avoid it in the future, in a non condescending way. You will always meet someone who thinks they are right, chances are like hitting a mine in a minefield , but there is a  lot of people who do listen and improve their gameplay over time.

The guy who give-up right after you have used the bandages on him as medic, even if you said not to. 

When people ask "what's the plan Squad leader?" when the fresh map just loaded 10 seconds in.

Like, are you serious? I just joined the game too.

And even worse, I'm trying to plan with the other squad leaders and people are saying random stuff in the squad chat while the planning timer is running.

When SL create squad and don't have  a plan with start  iv a round.  Loll

Sorry couldn't resist 

• Players that share more information than anyone wants or needs to hear
  • Players that spawn when no one told them to do so
  • SL that always yell: "PUSH IN TO THE CAPZONE! NOW!"
  • MEDIC COME. I AM ON THE ROOFTOP!!!11 WHY YOU NO COME?!!!11
  • SL that open a non clan tagged squad and then kick players half way through the round for their friends (I admit, I did it once myself and I regret it deeply)
  • Anyone who charges a vehicle beyond friendly lines
  • Any usage of glitch
  • SL that always demonize the Marksman role
  • Any player that starts whining about a missing medic (man seriously, if you notice it and have to spoil it out, everyone would have been better off if you silently would have just taken it and said: I took medic, ACOG is free or whatever you had)
  • Anyone who participates in rushing first flags

Before HABs it use to drive me nuts when a SL would place the radio and rally point on top of each other since it makes it a pain to select either when they're that close together so you have to play the "zoom in the map extra large and play around the spawn dot to get it to register your click" game!

Players that complain about HAB placement where there have been none or its the only one on the map.

When member of squad is giving suggestion to SL what to do next.

2 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

When member of squad is giving suggestion to SL what to do next.

Don't agree with that one, sometimes the SL needs suggestions. But offer first

Just now, Smee said:

Don't agree with that one, sometimes the SL needs suggestions. But offer first

It's not that, it's more like,

SL: "Ok guys, we need to go there, there will be no delay"

1.5 min late

Member: "Hey, there's a fob, let's go there and destroy it".

lol yeah go with that. 

On 24/04/2017 at 4:17 PM, Valdr said:

That's not the situation he described, though. He's talking about people who make squads just to get people to join and then they give up SL and hope someone just accepts it.

Where (below) does he state what you claim he states?  ( i don't even understand your point, within that which i have Bolded, above)

On 08/08/2016 at 10:39 PM, Pvt.Chill said:

People opening squads and then asking "Who wants to be SL?".

I asked one of them yesterday why he is opening a squad if he doesnt want o be SL, he just said "I was the first who connected".

That makes no sense at all, do not open a squad if you dont want to lead it.

My comment is still valid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 25/04/2017 at 6:32 AM, DoctorKamikaze said:

Opening Squads and then dropping SL is a bannable offence on many servers. It's just not a respectful thing to do. Generally the rule is, you start it, you lead it.

Not even close, Dr K (L2R): I've said nothing about opening a squad and then "dropping" SL.

On 24/04/2017 at 0:32 PM, LaughingJack said:

It makes perfectly good sense to me - can't understand why anyone would find this annoying (somebody offering up the position to someone else who is happier (or better at) SL'ing)?!

If i join a game, and all squads are full, i will start a new squad and offer up the lead if anyone wants it.

(or)

Would you have me sit around in the selection lobby, twiddling my thumbs, until someone else turns up and creates a squad? that's entirely silly!

My comment is still valid.

In this game you cannot play (effectively, or to the local server rules) unless you are in a squad - ergo: if you are alone amongst full squads, you HAVE no choice but to open a new squad, regardless of your level of ability, or want, to play SL.

Wow, so some peeps actually complain about clueless SL's, yet insist that "You opened it - You SL it". That's the dumbest thing iv'e heard for quite a while.

And the Armchair Warriors making biatchy comments about "n00b" SL's being clueless, yet not ever offering to - dare i say it - take the lead themselves, and show the n00bs how it's supposed to be done (seen this too many time within the forums).

@LaughingJack Nobody like when they join the squad, expected to be lead by the SL, only to discovered that they have to lead the squad, which 8/10, they will not lead the squad.

On 4/3/2016 at 10:55 AM, bilsantu said:

- The guy who creates a squad, waits for it to fill then hands down the SL role to someone else, then starts doing backseat squad leading then also going lone wolf.

:DxD

On 4/30/2017 at 10:46 PM, LaughingJack said:

In this game you cannot play (effectively, or to the local server rules) unless you are in a squad - ergo: if you are alone amongst full squads, you HAVE no choice but to open a new squad, regardless of your level of ability, or want, to play SL.

Wow, so some peeps actually complain about clueless SL's, yet insist that "You opened it - You SL it". That's the dumbest thing iv'e heard for quite a while.

Seems like you haven't played much PR or Squad. A squad that's full, but without an SL commanding properly is going to fail. Even one squad on a team failing to perform it's job properly generally means that team loses. Everyone has to work together properly. "Teamwork is OP" as they say.

By opening a squad that you don't want to lead you are creating a squad that has a 50-75% chance of accomplishing nothing useful the entire round. That means the team probably has around a 30-50% chance of losing just because someone was being selfish and ADHD. Just wait.

The only scenario I can see this being useful in is if no one has made a single squad and there are 10 seconds until mission start. It might get the ball rolling (usually more people make squads afterward, but few people want to be alpha squad for some reason.

Posted (edited)

On 03/05/2017 at 1:12 AM, Dennisz125 said:

@LaughingJack Nobody like when they join the squad, expected to be lead by the SL, only to discovered that they have to lead the squad, which 8/10, they will not lead the squad.

fair enough. didn't realise it was such a high proportion ( 80% !! ).

On 03/05/2017 at 8:24 PM, Crowmium said:

1. Seems like you haven't played much PR or Squad.

2. A squad that's full, but without an SL commanding properly is going to fail.

3. Even one squad on a team failing to perform it's job properly generally means that team loses.

4. Everyone has to work together properly. "Teamwork is OP" as they say.

By opening a squad that you don't want to lead you are creating a squad that has a 50-75% chance of accomplishing nothing useful the entire round. That means the team probably has around a 30-50% chance of losing just because someone was being selfish and ADHD. Just wait.

The only scenario I can see this being useful in is if no one has made a single squad and there are 10 seconds until mission start. It might get the ball rolling (usually more people make squads afterward, but few people want to be alpha squad for some reason.

1. true. never PR - never knew of it at the time. played Squad twice so far (waitng on Beta).

2. stating the obvious.

3. probably true in some cases.

4. again with the obvious.

infering selfishness and ADHD is impolite at best - i suffer from niether, btw.

i made no reference to "not wanting to lead" in the context you put forward (your context implies: never having any interest in leading at all ), i am merely saying i would prefer to hand the SL to someone more capable than myself if possible. as iv'e stated, this game requires you to join a squad to play, if you cannot join an existing squad you are forced to create a new one and become SL by default, or you are forced to sit on your bum picking your nose waiting for others to start a squad you can join, or, you are forced to server-hop until you find a an un-filled squad to join.

A story for you Crowmium:

my first game of Squad sees me enter the server with 3 full squads and myself. I start a squad - just so i can play the game - and become SL by default. within 2-3 minutes i have 4-5 others join me. In that entire time i am asking the others who would like to take SL as i am totally unexperienced, guess what, no takers, they were all more interested in shooting than leading. so i jump into the frypan of SL'ing, but not to worry because a couple of the others in my squad were actually top blokes and insisted on teaching me, so i learned instead of giving up. we had a fantastic round, coming out as top squad and the team won as well, and i learned a hell of a lot - very rewarding - glad i was not too chicken, and stuck around as SL.

i would hazard to guess the reason peeps shy away from creating 'Alpha' is the same reason many peeps shy away from being SL altogether - the pressure put on the SL's to perform perfectly all the time, every time, and to the standards of the toolio Armchair Warriors who are too scared to SL but have overbearing opinions on how everyone else should play the game.

Edited by LaughingJack

On 4/29/2017 at 8:24 PM, Scum said:
  • Players that share more information than anyone wants or needs to hear
  • Players that spawn when no one told them to do so
  • SL that always yell: "PUSH IN TO THE CAPZONE! NOW!"
  • MEDIC COME. I AM ON THE ROOFTOP!!!11 WHY YOU NO COME?!!!11
  • SL that open a non clan tagged squad and then kick players half way through the round for their friends (I admit, I did it once myself and I regret it deeply)
  • Anyone who charges a vehicle beyond friendly lines
  • Any usage of glitch
  • SL that always demonize the Marksman role
  • Any player that starts whining about a missing medic (man seriously, if you notice it and have to spoil it out, everyone would have been better off if you silently would have just taken it and said: I took medic, ACOG is free or whatever you had)
  • Anyone who participates in rushing first flags

- YES!

-Agree

-Has to be done.players will sustain a fire fight with a entrenched enemy on a fob out cap...You will not win that fight you have to get on top of them and ethier cap and make them come out the positions or destroy their spawn.

-Lol

-Im guilty although I usually check to see if there is someone without a mic

-Yup

-Yup

- Marksman piss me off it's not a effective enough class yet and as a so I need boots on the ground and in the fight.

-If your a basic rifleman and the squad needs a medic you better ****ing switch lol

-Agree but rushing mid point flag is key

Posted (edited)

For all those one dickheads on your squad or team, allow a dickhead reward to show up on the screen indicating shame...it can be temporary...lasts maybe 10 minutes or so.  And everytime SL thinks you did a dickhead thing, you get a dickhead reward the whole squad can see, or maybe let the whole team see it.  :)

mostobnoxious.jpg

Edited by XRobinson

2 hours ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

- Marksman piss me off it's not a effective enough class yet and as a so I need boots on the ground and in the fight.

I agree with it partially. It depends momentum. If - let's say - Gorodok is the current map, in many situations I will prefer a skilled marksman over any medic. Keep him behind and let him maneuver the flanks if needed. In town or cities, nah... no real use for the marksman.

People who repeat the strategy that doesn't work in the first place.