MrTuspika

Stat tracking

Bad ideea or not  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think persistent stat tracking should be implemented?

• Yes.
    • No.

Carmikaze if I see your accuracy stats to be 0.04% I am going to kick you out of my squad . Just because . How does that make you feel , even thou you might be the best machinegunner on the planet.

How would that affect this ? "You let people bleed longer / get unconcioous so you also get a revive +1 !"

So you're purposely debilitating your combat ability to get virtual points when you could be having fun shooting the enemy? I mean I know pessimism and the poor outlook that some people in this community have on the new players coming into PR, but that scenario you just outlined is kind of hyperbolic.

And seriously, none of you know to what extent persistent stat tracking will go, so stop freaking out and at least wait for a reply from a dev, of whom some of you apparently have little faith in to make an awesome spiritual successor to PR. 

I put yes. I changed my mind later. I wish I put no. At first I didn't really look and understand what this has the potential of causing.

Revive stat padding was done in 3 man groups on BF 2142 - one enemy would alternate killing 2 medics, who revive each other.

Someone asked how the competitive element is tracked without stats? Tournament scoreboards counting team tickets or rounds won.

In a game trading on the ethos of its name, highlighting the efforts of individuals rather than that of your whole squad is asking for trouble.

I did not sign up to back a game that aims to be "successful and rake in money".

Since when did "successful and rake in money" = "persistent stat tracking"? 

Stats should be collected for the sole purpose of balancing the game and should only be seen by the devs. Any implementations for players to see them in FPS games impacted the gameplay in a negative way.

We don't want this game to appeal to a larger audience. A larger audience is what fucked all the potentially good games out there .

This is not necessarily true. Although, with all the exposure Squad has received from the likes of JackFrags, you can already expect that Squad is going to have a massive following -- at least at release.

What does ruin games is stats. I beg the Devs to not include persistent stat-tracking. 

Carmikaze if I see your accuracy stats to be 0.04% I am going to kick you out of my squad . Just because . How does that make you feel , even thou you might be the best machinegunner on the planet.

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IF THERE IS GOING TO BE ACCURACY STATS WHY ARE YOU BEING HYPERBOLIC 

Well, this info could be for you only. But I get your point.

PR does not appeal to a larger audience , changing PR to UE4 with awesome graphics would still not be appealing to the "larger audience" , because the larger audience wants twitch reflex fps games with stats , level ups , weapon unlocks .... etc

YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IF THERE IS GOING TO BE ACCURACY STATS WHY ARE YOU BEING HYPERBOLIC 

Smh, I don't get the pessimism and elitism against other player bases / play styles. Nobody even said what kind of stat tracking and to what extent T.T

In briefing, before the round starts, people will join my squad, I check their stats to see who is more accurate, I see [insert name here] and according to his stats he's a bad shot, *kick from squad*

Should we have stats ? = HELL NO! selfishness.

You guys are hating on something that we haven't fully disclosed yet. I can assure you, that it will not ruin the gameplay experience, sheesh :P.

Except for the fact that there was an extensive stat system in BF2, which arguably is the best Battlefield title.

Arguably it isn't. BF42 and BFV were a much better game personally speaking. If memory serves me correctly EA/Dice saw how popular 3rd party "stat" sites were and took that idea and ran with it. What happened ..... Statwhores! Arguably speaking of course.

People in PR already brag over their KD:R and their Squads KD:R round by round and remember those who did well and didn't do well in the next round. I don't see stat tracking changing much really.  I wouldn't get so worked up over something they've barely talked about and something the kickstarter is nowhere close to even funding the creation of. Do you guys have any studies showing stat tracking changes how people play?

The stats will probably be like those in DoD:S.  People don't care about it; it is just neat to have.  

Yes. But not like your typical AAA Shooter.

No Kill/Death ratio etc...

Instead only teamplay based stats and wins and looses. And Most valuable Squad counter etc...

No Competive Stats please.

This thread is kinda silly since we all know the devs don't really want ideas guys and suggestions. They know what works best because the lot of them have experience with this kind of stuff. Plus it's pretty much common sense.