MrTuspika

Stat tracking

Bad ideea or not   339 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think persistent stat tracking should be implemented?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
225 posts in this topic

I am seriously concerned about the stat tracking implementation. What exactly will it entail . Because if it's anything like what we see with other FPS games then people's gameplay style is going to change , and not for the better. What do you guys think ?

Possible scenarios as seen in games with stat tracking:

People camping allot;

People not using suppressive fire;

People not taking shots at exposed enemy parts unless they can get a HS;

People not wanting to go and clear buildings;

Squad stacking;

Team stacking;

No, this is not Call of Duty, not that there's anything wrong with Call of Duty but this is more of a realistic military simulation. This game is more like real life, there's no need for that.

My answer is a big fat NO!...I've seen in other FPS games what it does to team work with some players,this players are only interested on K/D ratio that's all!

Yes, but only for stats that are for teamwork.

Ie. healing, suppressing, etc etc

Then everyone is going to get greedy and want to heal and suppress for no reason. Just no, please no.

Then everyone is going to get greedy and want to heal and suppress for no reason. Just no, please no.

WTF? :huh:

You don't want people to heal and suppress.

You can't do these unless you are co-operating with the enemy. Even then, the server admins would be watching.

The stats should be an indicator on the player's play style. Not his skill.

WTF? :huh:

You don't want people to heal and suppress.

You can't do these unless you are co-operating with the enemy. Even then, the server admins would be watching.

The stats should be an indicator on the player's play style. Not his skill.

And then SLs are not going to allow you to play other roles because you have good STATS on something they want you to play on . Bad ideea.

Devs, this would be a bad move for the reasons given above. Players caring about their stats will hamper true teamwork.

If stat tracking is to be included, it should be vague things such as Total time played, favourite map, favourite kits, favourite vehicle.

Devs, this would be a bad move for the reasons given above. Players caring about their stats will hamper true teamwork.

If stat tracking is to be included, it should be vague things such as Total time played, favourite map, favourite kits, favourite vehicle.

This would still encourage squad stacking , I know games in which SLs check members profiles. Do you want to be kicked out of a squad because you have x time on this map and 30 hrs on another ? Or that you only play rifleman and SL needs a medic ? And not be allowed to drive a bradley because you only drive humvees ?

What's wrong with stat tracking? Peronsally it's a great addition from the design perspective, it opens up the game and makes it more appealing to a larger audience.

Has anyone played Battlefield 1943? I think a ranking system like that, barebones, would be a nice addition as it would at least show a players committment to the game and give people a little bit of progression for a more replayable gameplay experience as a whole. If I recall correctly, in BF1943 you didn't get any rewards, just a rank and something to work towards in terms of exp rates. There's no harm in something like that and doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Other than that, personal stat tracking would be nice. Remember, how is this game supposed to provide a serious platform for competetive gaming when there's no level of stat tracking?

You have to think about the bigger perspective, not just "ermagherd CoD kids though". There will always be a casual playerbase and a serious one, the serious ones will be well established communities with their own servers where people who desire that kind of gameplay can go. I know I'll be there, but I wouldn't disregard stats just because you think it's going to make people play differently. Why would someone get headshot kills only if there's nothing to unlock for them.

Stats is what caused the downfall of the Battlefield series.  

NO.

People will whore assets more, more bluwhore, more lonewolfing, reputation like that in PR will be completely ruined (see below).

If I join an APC squad and the squad leader checks my "profile" out, sees that I have less kills / points / stats than the guy next to me he will pick him/her over me. Thus contributing to the previous points.

Waiting for more info on this now that I see both sides.

Devs, do not put stats in the game, you WILL regret it. It devours teamwork and promotes selfishness.

We don't want this game to appeal to a larger audience. A larger audience is what fucked all the potentially good games out there .

How the hell do you heal "for no reason"?

Stats is what caused the downfall of the Battlefield series.

Except for the fact that there was an extensive stat system in BF2, which arguably is the best Battlefield title.

"Hey let me shoot you, so I can heal you and up my stats."

You accidentally drop grenades short , to boost your healing rank.

You let people bleed longer / get unconcioous so you also get a revive +1 !

Edited by MrTuspika

I'm happy to be proven wrong, and find out there is a non-gameplay-impacting type of stat tracking. But I'd echo the worries above. If you track kills, people will go for kills to boost that stat. If you track revives, players will rank reviving above something equally as important (i.e SL asks squad to pull back, medic instead rushes forward to get that all important 1000th revive.). It changes behaviour and dilutes natural gameplay.

You accidentally drop grenades short , to boost your healing rank.

You let people bleed longer / get unconcioous so you also get a revive +1 !

"Hey let me shoot you, so I can heal you and up my stats."

So? Just don't let stats be changed when damage is caused by friendly fire. Even then, I doubt the stat tracking is going to work with specific actions, I think you guys are overreacting, at least wait for some dev clarification, goddamn. 

So? Just don't let stats be changed when damage is caused by friendly fire. 

How would that affect this ? "You let people bleed longer / get unconcioous so you also get a revive +1 !"

I have nothing against some stats that display how many:

- rounds you have won

- areas you have taken

- flight/tank-hours you heaped up

- accurate you were

etc. .

But K/D stats will just ruin everything in my opinion, people will focus more on kills than on other, more important, game winning things.

It should be really thought out which stat would actually benefit/not harm the gameplay.

Agreed Tuspika. Please don't do this DEVs. Not a single stat of my PR gameplay over the last 7 years has been tracked, yet I'm still playing it. It's a small incentive but a big game changer. It's a bad choice, in my opinion.

Back in MW2 there was something called boosting where you and a friend go on the same server and kill each other, respawn on an insertion or what ever it was called and just keep leveling up. Similar can easily be done in Squad through exploits.

We don't want this game to appeal to a larger audience. A larger audience is what fucked all the potentially good games out there .

I could give you a comprehensive list of why "potentially good games" are "fucked" yet somehow successful and rake in money because the publisher and / or developer wanted to push the boundary and appeal to as many people as possible but that's off topic.

You guys aren't thinking through it from a different perspective and are only thinking of worst case scenarios. What do you think the veteran ARMA players did when it was plagued by casual DayZ players because of the mods success? We kept quiet and carried on playing with our prefferred MILSIM play style, on our servers and banded with the vast amount of communities who shared the same play style.

Please don't be quick to hamper any potential success of a game because you don't like a certain play style. There's room for everyone, especially with servers being an option and communities already existing.

And again, there's a hint of a competetive scene for Squad. You can't take any sort of competetive gameplay seriously when there's no sort of stats to look at or track, teams are built on individuals' performance as well as tournaments and ladders being based on stats. Nobody even mentioned what kind of stat tracking....

4c8ea9f072.png