Will there be Co-op, like we have in PR?

I know it's not a priority right now, but it would be cool to have just like in PR...

everyday a whole bunch of people play co-operative in PR... it would hurt not to have AI bots to play with and against

hope you guys add this in the future, so we can have Co-op servers to play online or even offline

*bump* because its been almost four years now

so, coop in 2019 after release or not? AI is the future and you guys still ignoring it :(

If it doesn't hurt performance for the person hosting then hell yeah! I'd love to see coop! 

This would be so much fun! There are open source AI libraries ready made to put in games so not much dev need to be done there. Some of course but they already did it in PR by the way. AI may suck slightly but that is just satisfying getting a lot of kills together with your friends! 

This is one time where I'll love hearing the standard line "we've got no plans to introduce co-op ourselves, however there's a vibrant modding community" etc. etc...

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

This is one time where I'll love hearing the standard line "we've got no plans to introduce co-op ourselves, however there's a vibrant modding community" etc. etc...

there is a chance of putting AI in the game by them... but only in 2019 after release

Insurgency Sandstorm has been in development for 3 years and already has Ai bots that feel and react realistically and also use vehicles.

All of this on the Unreal Engine.

5 hours ago, Valmont said:

Insurgency Sandstorm has been in development for 3 years and already has Ai bots that feel and react realistically and also use vehicles.

Sandstorm is also a small game in terms of scale and player numbers compared to Squad. You can't compare just because it's on UE4.

I was pretty disappointed by the bots actually, far from realistic.

I personally would rather have other new features/maps/factions.... than bots. As fun as the Coop was in PR, I rather have real players and making AI in Squad sounds like it would take up a lot of development time that could be used to do something else. PR had a base of AI from BF2 they could work with, nothing like that exists in that "advanced form" in UE4 from what I know, but then again I am no expert in programming.

We will also most likely have a much better training map for Squad in the near future which never really existed in PR. (I think there was no training map in PR, I could be wrong though)

So yeah sorry Zylfrax, but I would say let mods do AI :)

On 23/8/2018 at 5:59 AM, Melbo said:

Sandstorm is also a small game in terms of scale and player numbers compared to Squad. You can't compare just because it's on UE4.

I was pretty disappointed by the bots actually, far from realistic.

You are disappointed by the bots compared to what other game's bots?

They are at least twice as good as Insurgency 1 since they now camp, use the bigger maps effectively and play several game modes.

Compared to Battlefield 2/PR's bots they are like 300% times better/more human like.

Also, no need to use dev time to implement bots as they are available for purchase from several sources on the Unreal Engine and buying a bot pack would also cost just a fraction of a dev's monthly salary and basically cero to a few hours of dev time to implement.

Squad is even more unforgiving than PR and if a COOP mode is not implemented to teach new players how to play then Squad is already dead.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:00 PM, Valmont said:

FYI, Co-op in that game was cancelled back in January.

Irregardless, trying to compare it to Squad as a leverage point doesn't seem relevant especially since OWI never ever said anything about co-op in the Kickstarter or any subsequent statements.

The only A.I. I'd perhaps like to see in the finished game would be some really subtle organic assets like insects, birds, livestock etc. just to sort of give the environments more of a realistic feel because as it stands SquadWorld is kind of an empty sterile place devoid of any other movement to catch your eye.

16 hours ago, Valmont said:

You are disappointed by the bots compared to what other game's bots?

They are at least twice as good as Insurgency 1 since they now camp, use the bigger maps effectively and play several game modes.

Compared to Battlefield 2/PR's bots they are like 300% times better/more human like.

Also, no need to use dev time to implement bots as they are available for purchase from several sources on the Unreal Engine and buying a bot pack would also cost just a fraction of a dev's monthly salary and basically cero to a few hours of dev time to implement.

Squad is even more unforgiving than PR and if a COOP mode is not implemented to teach new players how to play then Squad is already dead.

Playing against bots has always been terrible for me in all the game I've played. If there's the option to play against humans or bots then it's always the former for me. Bots just do stupid things that irk me so much!

As for having to simply buy a "bot pack" and "few hours of dev time"...if only! It doesn't work like that and is nowhere that simple.

3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

FYI, Co-op in that game was cancelled back in Janaury. 

Nope. Single player was canned/delayed (unsure if it's making an appearance later) but coop play against bots is in and working.

for me its the opposite, I have had fun playing with friends over LAN since the 90s

wish Squad would add LAN support + bots (AI), so much better playing with friends than online

most here are too young to understand that, when there was no internet I was already LAN partying

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EA_SUCKS said:

for me its the opposite, I have had fun playing with friends over LAN since the 90s

wish Squad would add LAN support + bots (AI), so much better playing with friends than online

most here are too young to understand that, when there was no internet I was already LAN partying

This is true, most here are too young to understand. Personally, for competition sake i like playing against actual people, but coop with friends is so much better when your friends are an amazing group of people and you've gamed with them for years. We still play PR in coop, have our own maps and even had a mini mod for pr that removed deviation, suppression effects and the slow animations. 

OWI says "let the modders do AI", but they don't tell you that if an actual studio like OWI can't do AI for a game they have made themselves, modders don't stand a chance, AI isn't texture or sound replacement, its God damn AI!

I suppose , to answer your question, we will get AI in squad when we get 8x8 and 16x16 maps with the (promised) fighter jets , helicopters and more factions. (shhhh a little secret - none of that will happen)

Edited by MilosV

2 hours ago, MilosV said:

I suppose , to answer your question, we will get AI in squad when we get 8x8 and 16x16 maps with the (promised) fighter jets , helicopters and more factions. (shhhh a little secret - none of that will happen)

The important difference here is that nobody ever promised we'd get bots in Squad as far as I know, nor was Squad ever advertised as LAN-friendly. There's nothing preventing you from playing with your friends online, I don't see a problem here unless you just don't want to play with other people on your team, but that kinda goes against the whole concept of the game. 

I wouldn't underestimate the modders either, I'm sure they can come up with something, I just don't see the point of having bots in Squad. 

11 hours ago, Melbo said:

Nope. Single player was canned/delayed (unsure if it's making an appearance later) but coop play against bots is in and working.

I think initially they cancelled both but I hadn't heard they brought co-op back.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/01/03/insurgency-sandstorm-cancels-single-player-and-cooperative-campaigns.aspx

No biggie though, my point was you guys never said a word about the inclusion of co-op so I don't think there should ever be an expectation from anyone that it should be added to Squad simply due to the fact that a vaguely similar game that uses the same engine has it.