Afternoon everyone! For those that do not know, Monday 05/25/15 is Memorial Day in the United States. For many this weekend marks the beginning of summer and is best remembered for the booze and barbeques. The real significance of this holiday is for all of us to reflect on those who have fought and died in all armed conflict when the country called. Most of all, i want to thank  and reflect on those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their respective countries.  Because i know there are a number of veterans on this forums, i also wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your service and dedication to not only your respective country but also for the greater good of us all. Thank you dearly.

Best-Memorial-Day-sms-messages.jpgNATO_flags_big.jpg

On 5/23/2015 at 10:13 PM, RushTheBus said:

Afternoon everyone! For those that do not know, Monday 05/25/15 is Memorial Day in the United States. For many this weekend marks the beginning of summer and is best remembered for the booze and barbeques. The real significance of this holiday is for all of us to reflect on those who have fought and died in all armed conflict when the country called. Most of all, i want to thank  and reflect on those who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their respective countries.  Because i know there are a number of veterans on this forums, i also wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for your service and dedication to not only your respective country but also for the greater good of us all. Thank you dearly.

Best-Memorial-Day-sms-messages.jpgNATO_flags_big.jpg

hey mate i have made a list of the best memorial day facts that no one knows

Its a good time to thank our Kin who served and serve. Part of Armed Forces week. President Harry S. Truman established a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country.On August 31, 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Days.The single day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense, every 3rd Sat. in May.

May 20th .

Thank you all

Rest in Peace Andy! Love you brother!

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/andrew-aviles.htm

AVILES, ANDREW JULIAN 
LCPL   US MARINE CORPS 
VETERAN SERVICE DATES: 06/22/2001 - 04/07/2003 
DATE OF BIRTH: 04/24/1984 
DATE OF DEATH: 04/07/2003 
DATE OF INTERMENT: 06/19/2003 
BURIED AT: SECTION 60  SITE 7882 
ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY