Pootin

MEC, the fictional faction

Not saying we are going to do a MEC faction, but it would allow us a lot of freedom to:

- Create scenarios that play well

- Reuse assets and more rapidly get content and experiences to you

Instead of having 3 almost identical factions with a different flag on the map that all require a lot of ground work even if it is almost just a clone.

Just sayin'

I see, but at least if you're going to make a middle-eastern faction, make it realistic. No T-72s and whatnot.

I think frankenstein equipment would give an extra dimension, especially with the MEA Army. Showing that they care less about their regular troops, but more about their "special" troops, but I do understand your POV. It would make more sense to have weapons shooting the same round in a squad.

Yes logistics require that the whole team use the same caliber. Actually, the Egyptian army, having both eastern and western weapons, field entire brigades either with eastern or western weaponry. The western ones are the frontline units, while the old eastern equipment is being phased out. An Egyptian army frontline infantry platoon would use either M16 or SG516, Minimi for AR and MAG for MMG. It's not as bad as you think it is.

MMG could also be a PKM, since MAG is using a different round as well. 

Because they don't need the publicity. They don't need any publicity. They're not worthy of being made into a faction. Let them rot in the desert and disappear into the margins of the history books.

There is no lack of middle eastern militia groups to pick from.

I fully agree!

Actually yes. As much as I'd like to shoot IS, I think with what they're upto, it would not be a good idea for a commercial game to include them.

. This is right it could lead to problems down the line we all want to shoot Isis but it's a hot topic right now take MOH having the Taliban in it caused a s£#t storm here in the uk .

. This is right it could lead to problems down the line we all want to shoot Isis but it's a hot topic right now take MOH having the Taliban in it caused a s£#t storm here in the uk .

The problem is that you'd also be playing as them. Blargh.