Sign in to follow this  
MrJoe

Gore? TRUE HORRORS OF WAR?

Alright, so from what I've seen this is pretty much an awesome, awesome looking military simulator.  It looks freaking amazing.

It looks very immersive, but it's in a combat environment, it's a war.

Can we please get some gore, as in dismemberment and body fragments flying off, etc? No, I'm not a gore fanatic. I just wanna get a slight case of PTSD from this game.  I wanna be even more immersed, I want to have my friends fighting along side me and then one of them gets half of his face blown apart.

I've seen war footage, and other gross stuff on the internet, that's quite disturbing. The human body seems to be pretty fragile..Especially in war with rounds flying by your face.

I've also heard some nasty stories from veterans.

If this game were to get a realistic, polished gore system, people would probably enjoy it more, and feel more immersed, seeing their squad mates getting ripped apart by tank rounds, or heavy machinegun fire. It'd be sweet.

also being able to shoot at a group of taliban with a 50. cal machine gun and then being able to run up there and see the mess you made.

Seriously, a gore system in this game would make it a lot better, and add more immersion and scary moments, which players would enjoy.

There could even be an option to turn the gore off for some people that don't like it.

Thoughts?

Hey Mr.Joe, welcome to the forums. Remember to use the search function that way we won't have multiple threads about the same topics. I also want you to keep in mind that Squad isn't intended as a military simulator it's the successor to Project Reality which was a mod for Battlefield 2. If you haven't heard of Project Reality I suggest you have a google or look up some youtube videos to see where the devs are trying to go with the core gameplay. Anyway, enjoy you're time on the forums!

Hey Mr.Joe, welcome to the forums. Remember to use the search function that way we won't have multiple threads about the same topics. I also want you to keep in mind that Squad isn't intended as a military simulator it's the successor to Project Reality which was a mod for Battlefield 2. If you haven't heard of Project Reality I suggest you have a google or look up some youtube videos to see where the devs are trying to go with the core gameplay. Anyway, enjoy you're time on the forums!

Ah, I see. Sorry about that. Thanks for the welcoming! and thanks for clearing the game up for me.

"the horror..."......"the horror....".....to quote Apacalypse Now.

A few gruesome animations might be ok to me.....provides some real scenes of war in game...which should be a reminder war has real consequence.

"the horror..."......"the horror....".....to quote Apacalypse Now.

A few gruesome animations might be ok to me.....provides some real scenes of war in game...which should be a reminder war has real consequence.

Yeah, death animations would be sweet.  Also would need some good sounds, like soldiers crying for help, etc.  Red Orchestra does that pretty well. Here, for example

If granade,mortar,ied or jet bomb hits the ground near player it should be something like this... :D

zwzssj.png

I've seen war footage, and other gross stuff on the internet, that's quite disturbing.

There's a video on Liveleak where a guy is executed with a zsu. It had enough force to actually make him do a flip and the damage to his torso was amazing (however awful that sounds).

Now, I don't have an interest in seeing something that detailed in Squad. The best middleground where I'd be content with detail would be an entry and exit wound shown right where someone was hit. That'd be great.