DrBigMoney

[Squad League] PRIZES ANNOUNCED For Upcoming March Tournament!

e6ca49b0edbdf1836ab3721b2ef55f80689bec01

==============================

PRIZES FOR MARCH MADNESS!!

FOR THE CLANS

1st Place = $500 (USD) and championship challenge coins for participants
2nd Place = $250 (USD)
3rd Place = $100 (USD)

CONTENT CREATION CONTEST

Clan 1st Place = $200 (USD)
Clan 2nd Place = $100 (USD)

Inidividual = $50 (USD)

SIGN YOUR CLAN UP!!

If you and your clan are interested in fighting in the upcoming 18v18 hosted by Squad League, please SIGN UP HERE! :D

Information regarding the tournament can be found HERE!

PRIZES SPONSORED BY

R1rPRetm.jpgqJhk8cum.png

i love this kind of stuff, and i dont talk about the money... <3

But why is your Signature picture that big now DBM? i have to rework mine now lol ;)

Awesome stuff BigMoney! Looking forward to this. You are doing great work over at SL.

A side note;

After much thought we have decided that the winning clans will be donating their winnings to a charity. Specifically to F.G.C.U.D, more commonly known as 'Freezer Geezers Crazy University Debt".

I've been living on noodles for too long and beer is not cheap. 

Awesome work BigMoney! Looking forward to this. You are doing great work over at SL.

A side note;

After much thought we have decided that the winning clans will be donating their winnings to a charity. Specifically to F.G.C.U.D, more commonly known as 'Freezer Geezers Crazy University Debt".

I've been living on noodles for too long and beer is not cheap. 

Is there room for one more in your charity ^^

Im definitely going to be watching this tho, good luck boys.

i love this kind of stuff, and i dont talk about the money... <3

But why is your Signature picture that big now DBM? i have to rework mine now lol ;)

Not quite sure why I all the sudden could have a larger sig and more links. But glad I can! :D

Can't wait for the coins to arrive and be distributed!

Enticing prizes for sure. The top prize would pay for a community's server for a few months. Good luck everyone!

Some great incentives for clans with the reveal of the cash rewards for the finishing places. I would think (hope) most of the clans involved are more enticed by the unique victory coins rather than the money, but all incentives are incentives after all, and funding for servers would always be welcomed.

Thank you to Squad League for making these funds available as a reward. 

The Red Coats are all looking forward to testing the other clans and seeing the standards of their game. We are expecting some intense battles along the way.

Why does all content creation stuff have to be clan-oriented? Can it not be, say, an overview or compilation of highlights of different matches, not focusing on any clan in particular, but just squad league as a whole?

I'm very interested in getting into content creation, but don't yet have experience in flying around in Squad in particular. I think I'd be able to learn quickly, though.

Championship Coins! HYPE HYPE

Thanks so much for everything you guys do over there at squad league. If it wasn't for you, I might still have a life XD

-| GHOST | Fiddyshades

That will be fight for .... coins :D 

well i think sooo that everybody hear "coins" coins. We will see probably really tough fights with NO - giving - up. 

Iam so excited. Really looking forward to. 

Why does all content creation stuff have to be clan-oriented? Can it not be, say, an overview or compilation of highlights of different matches, not focusing on any clan in particular, but just squad league as a whole?

I'm very interested in getting into content creation, but don't yet have experience in flying around in Squad in particular. I think I'd be able to learn quickly, though.

Well what your describing are things we leave to our own in house people whom are not part of the comps. We want clan content (aka commercials) so that we can promote all the clans before/during/after/outside of the stream. Our entire entity is based off promoting them and giving THEM the venue to strut their stuff.

That being said, if we have other people coming to the table to make videos, once the BattleRecorder is fixed for large pop servers we'd happily provide those files to individuals to take a shot at the best overall video for the tournament. Hell, maybe that's what we do the future "individual" prizes towards.

Can we place bets?

Now that I like.

If a clan wants to back themselves to win the tournament, put in a fixed bet. Say it's $100. The clan's can opt in to 'back' themselves to win (not mandatory of course). All those bets gets added to the winners pot. And then voila, winner takes all.

B)

Now that I like.

If a clan wants to back themselves to win the tournament, put in a fixed bet. Say it's $100. The clan's can opt in to 'back' themselves to win (not mandatory of course). All those bets gets added to the winners pot. And then voila, winner takes all.

B)

What if someone wins who didn't back? :P

Money goes to squadleague itself?

What if someone wins who didn't back? :P

Money goes to squadleague itself?

The idea I had would be whoever wins, whether they backed themselves or not, would take the winners pot. As that is their right through success.

The more I sit and think about it though, the more I realise this would be more difficult than I originally thought 

"All assets must be licensed for usage (So no copyrighted audio-visual content)"

Does that mean you can't use music that has been released in some form or other? Are these clips going to be seen as being used in a "commercial" manner (who makes money off of them?)

I did google a bunch of stuff on licensing about 10 times already, and effectively it just seems like a really complicated and restricted thing, which is kind of counter-intuitive because I feel like I see great clips with 'familiar' music behind them everywhere, constantly... I'd have no issue asking for permission, but would like to know what it is I'm asking permission for, i.e. describe to which extent it would be uncommercial.

Opposite to most people (I think), if I were to make a video, I would try to put film footage to a song, rather than the other way around. What I can do with video would depend on what music I am able to use. Therefore I'd like to get that part sorted first.