IRONXBAY

New Insurgency announced: Sandstorm

They need to make their game feel and look less like a PCP LSD experience and more like "tactical combat".

Oh look, it's already time for a sequel. Also consoles.

If someone has a few grands over please buy off one of the guys on IGN and have him say: "It looks like Squad".

But it looks nothing like Squad. IMO it looks worse than when the game was a HL mod and plays worse. And feels like you're on 'shrooms watching a Picasso Blue Period painting.

I actually don't mind this title and I'm plenty excited for it. NWI has shown themselves to be excellent developers, and it was through their game that I realised that I had a thing only for tactical and realistic shooters, or at least those who actively try to be.

These dudes pump free content, support mods, and would frequently livestream with the playerbase, cracking naughty jokes and shit, and they've earned the respect of mine and many others.

It was my best 2 dollar purchase, and I am willing to support them again, especially if it makes a comeback on UE4.

My only worry is that they would dumb it down for casuals. They did it when they reduced the penalty of bringing a huge weapon into CQB (having your weapon collide with pretty much everything) just because people were screaming to be able to drag their FALs into a bathroom. They made killfeeds an option and now the browser is cluttered with silly "animehunter <MP5K> urwaifuisshit".

When they said that there would be diverse firearms, I hope it won't go extreme just because people want them. The last thing I want is for them to pander to the very people who find the AN-94 " the coolest thing ever ... just next level" and want the SAR-21 for the Insurgents cos it is a bullpup.

Don't hate on their efforts. They ultimately brought the MilSim/Tac shooters to the limelight, and these are passionate people who love their own game as much as these guys in OWI.

I actually don't mind this title and I'm plenty excited for it. NWI has shown themselves to be excellent developers, and it was through their game that I realised that I had a thing only for tactical and realistic shooters, or at least those who actively try to be.

These dudes pump free content, support mods, and would frequently livestream with the playerbase, cracking naughty jokes and shit, and they've earned the respect of mine and many others.

It was my best 2 dollar purchase, and I am willing to support them again, especially if it makes a comeback on UE4.

My only worry is that they would dumb it down for casuals. They did it when they reduced the penalty of bringing a huge weapon into CQB (having your weapon collide with pretty much everything) just because people were screaming to be able to drag their FALs into a bathroom. They made killfeeds an option and now the browser is cluttered with silly "animehunter <MP5K> urwaifuisshit".

When they said that there would be diverse firearms, I hope it won't go extreme just because people want them. The last thing I want is for them to pander to the very people who find the AN-94 " the coolest thing ever ... just next level" and want the SAR-21 for the Insurgents cos it is a bullpup.

Don't hate on their efforts. They ultimately brought the MilSim/Tac shooters to the limelight, and these are passionate people who love their own game as much as these guys in OWI.

Never played it, worth a try?

Wow... Didn't know the name of that song till now, but I heard it all the time growing up at hockey games... Right on.

How long have you been on the internet?

Wow... Didn't know the name of that song till now, but I heard it all the time growing up at hockey games... Right on.

Dude, what? 

Never played it, worth a try?

You mean INsurgecy? YES! Specially if it is at low prices, it is always in some kind of sale in steam. I think it has the best weapon handling in a FPS! I which Squad could CTRL+C CTRL+V it it.  

You mean INsurgecy? YES! Specially if it is at low prices, it is always in some kind of sale in steam. I think it has the best weapon handling in a FPS! I which Squad could CTRL+C CTRL+V it it.  

are you for real? Insurgency handling is so bad in so many ways.

minimal impact of sway

no resting

5.56 kicks way too much

reload animations are too flashy and guns don't have enough weight.

artifical recoil buff in free aim

nerfed weapon collision.

I'm okay with Insurgency, I like the game, not in a "simulation" way, but in a rather casual way to hop in and play a few rounds and hop out. I owned it since first early access previews since I was in love with the mod and I followed Jeremy since he was working on the first Red Orchestra mod versions.

NWI have shown great support of their game, I like how the gunplay "feels" (in a very different way than I like Squads gunplay though, here as well: more casual, but still better than the most mainstream AAA shooters) and I like what they do for the modding community. As well as free update-wise they've shown that they follow Google's old motto. (Don't be evil).

This announcement doesn't feel great though. I get their idea with it, I get that it's a bit more than Insurgency: Remastered since they're adding more stuff and from a sales perspective (especially with a publisher behind them) the console ports make sense.

I really had hoped though they would've ventured into a new (let's rephrase that - different) setting. I believe they won't kill the game for consoles, they have a reputation to lose, but I don't enjoy this announcement like I would've enjoyed a Cold War, Falklands, or basically any-other-setting but rehashed Insurgency announcement.

Still will follow the development and see what they can offer.

Since the original announcement from the publisher didn't feature any screenshots, the post on NWI's site did, so there are two screens over here.

So insurgency is moving to a better engine...probably a decision made after seeing what was done with squad

So insurgency is moving to a better engine...probably a decision made after seeing what was done with squad

quite possibly, although I asked how good this was, I went to purchase through steam and I already have it but never played, just downloading to test

They ultimately brought the MilSim/Tac shooters to the limelight, and these are passionate people who love their own game as much as these guys in OWI.

Yeah, no on that particular point. Its just another ADHD twitch reflex clone.

Ok have played it for an hour or so....Hmmm not good.. I was trying to compare to squad.....Bad idea as nothing does..... ;) Rather play BF4 than insurgency, well have already played 1k of ours in BF4

Ok have played it for an hour or so....Hmmm not good.. I was trying to compare to squad.....Bad idea as nothing does..... ;) Rather play BF4 than insurgency, well have already played 1k of ours in BF4

There are some mods out for insurgency like a WWII one that just recently came out, and a pretty extensive SOCOM US Navy SEALs mod that has a very dedicated team behind it.