Smee

What stops you playing squad

No recoil exploiters, Poor Optimization, Lack of advertised content [Vehicles].  Mostly the Optimization.  To play bf4 on a mix of high/ultra at stable 60+ fps and the game is amazingly beautiful, yet the gameplay sucks.  Compared to the amazing gameplay of squad but the blurry and dull textures is just frustrating.  The lack of contrast and colour makes it difficult to even spot enemy soldiers.  I just hope they can optimize things soon.  I use sweetfx/reshade to make squad look better, but should I have to?

Lack of advertised content [Vehicles]

Nothing is truly advertised in an alpha version.  I would much rather have the infantry bugs worked out before they threw in vehicles and you had their bugs + infantry bugs.  And I agree on the optimization, but this game is still far too fun to quit over little things like that.  I seem to change my graphics settings every day, but I still end up playing and squinting at my screen because everything past 100m looks like I forgot my glasses because Squad rules.

Nothing is truly advertised in an alpha version.  I would much rather have the infantry bugs worked out before they threw in vehicles and you had their bugs + infantry bugs.  And I agree on the optimization, but this game is still far too fun to quit over little things like that.  I seem to change my graphics settings every day, but I still end up playing and squinting at my screen because everything past 100m looks like I forgot my glasses because Squad rules.

It does rule.  Go check out the game trailers in the steam page and see what may or may not be advertised though, even look at the game description on the right.  I'll link it for you... http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380

Major features include vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, large scale environments, base building, and integrated positional VoIP for proximity talking & radio.

I'm well aware of what the Steam store page says since I bought the game.  Before I clicked add to cart I continued to read the store page:

"Why Early Access?
'Considering the scale we would like to achieve and the time it will take to reach the full array of features we plan to deliver, it makes sense for us to allow our fans and the wider public access to the game while it is still in development. The nature of the game allows us to take very clean vertical slices (for example, infantry combat) and expand on them while we continue to develop new features in other areas.'"

and

"How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
'In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to close support jet aircraft and helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems and also creating an upgrade system for bases.'"

I'm well aware of what the Steam store page says since I bought the game.  Before I clicked add to cart I continued to read the store page:

"Why Early Access?
'Considering the scale we would like to achieve and the time it will take to reach the full array of features we plan to deliver, it makes sense for us to allow our fans and the wider public access to the game while it is still in development. The nature of the game allows us to take very clean vertical slices (for example, infantry combat) and expand on them while we continue to develop new features in other areas.'"

and

"How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
'In the full version, we are aiming for the support of 100 player servers with 50 players on each side. In addition what we have planned are a full compliment of vehicles for each faction, which goes from the small (motorbikes), all the way to close support jet aircraft and helicopters. Lastly we intend to fully flesh out the Base Building system by including more deployables, refining the construction and supply systems and also creating an upgrade system for bases.'"

I know what the "fine print" says.  Hell, I bought the game before it released on steam.  I'm really just stirring shit up to be honest.  However, the steam description and trailers are misleading.  Don't get me started on the minimum spec's..

*stir*

Ahahahahahah, yea right.

Do you know who is the ONLY RedCoat that actually goes to the opposite side ? s0ber, he is MVP for sure. 

I played 5 maps on your server today, lets guess what the teams were.

Side 1 consisted of 12 RedCoats + 66th about 7 people and other clans here and there who are good.

Side 2 one RedCoat and some randoms. 

Did stacked team lost a single map ? Nope

Was there a single map that was close ? Nope 

Did all maps ended in 20-30 min with stacked team having over 150 tickets left ? Yep

Did anyone at any point at least though that may be having a balanced teams of at least RedCoats vs 66th would be more fun for everyone ? Probably not

People have a full right to whine because the problem is very real, and you are here on the forums just blatantly lie because I have never seen you guys splitting up (and s0ber said pretty much the same thing, you guys just stack and win because it is more fun). Sure you can always cover behind the "we pay - we play" argument about the server, again perfectly legal together with the "clan play together" policy, just don`t pretend then that you are all up for fair teams.

P.S Wanted to make a screen shot of the balanced teams today, but it buged out unfortunately, but it is pretty easy to see with your own eyes if you just come to RedCoats server during and right after EU prime time. 

So you spent 5 rounds in the server in one sitting. Yea, I can see how you are in a fantastic position to complain about our general server activity /Sarcasm

And you can come on here and bitch and moan but really, if this were a real complaint and not just crying with butt hurt, you would post it in our official server thread with screenshots. Because this is doing nothing constructive. It is just a cry about getting your ass handed to you, game after game. Which really, isn't surprising with 12 Reds vs pubs

Why don't you take some tissues for your tears and think for a minute, instead of accusing people of lying. 

Maybe the lads had something organised for that night? Maybe they were testing something? I can't tell you as I don't recall being in those games, so I wasn't around. But let's look at it retrospectively, instead of jumping on the forum to bash a clan.

People in the clan can say what they want, but end of the day, they only see what they see, they aren't active every hour of the day. So taking one members word as the whole story only points to your small-mindedness on this issue.

Now if you had come at us with constructive complaints, I would have been extremely receptive. But you've posted like a little bitch so I've replied in due kind.

If you don't like it, don't play on our server. I don't think the server is going to suffer in popularity because of your one time experience  :lol:  :lol:

PS: The fact there are no screenshots or evidence made me think twice about even replying. Troll? Or witch hunt? Coz you mad as hell

On the point of team stacking =

PUBS

You get the pubs stacking one team to either

a ) Get scopes

b ) Get on the side with the clan because they can't put up a fight coz they're shit

c ) Try and get in the clan

So take your clan witch hunt, find some more applicable points and come back. Because all this whining is really not all down to the clans, and is making people look silly.

The talking and communicating aspect of the game. Yes it's great when you can\want but for me - After long busy (and crazy) day i just don't want to talk to anyone no more and just play games quietly and think about life. AC/The division/FC games fits perfect for that purpose.   :unsure:

Ahahahahahah, yea right.

Do you know who is the ONLY RedCoat that actually goes to the opposite side ?

snip

If I join a clan server in the evening I expect to be playing either against a team of the clans members or with them. Just because they are a clan does not give them god like skills. What it does given them is well organised teamplay. That in itself does not make them unbeatable if the opposing team are also willing to up their game and play as a team and how the game is developed to play to. If you get the chance play with clan teams and you will see how tactics play a big part in Squad. By playing with them you can learn a lot and take that knowledge to the other side. No body gets better by playing people with worse skills. Rather than get clan members to mix themselves up it would be better that the server randoms get mixed up so they're not on the same losing side so they can see how effective a well organised team can be. Maybe they would take what they learn to non clan servers and we can all benefit from better team play in general. Yes it's frustrating to be continually losing but you have to ask why that is. Individually clan members may not be any better than any other player but when they play as a team their dominance is clear which is how it should be.

The way the ticket bleed it's right now really punishes the lesser organised team and doesn't give them the time to react. They tend to get overrun and lose before they get themselves organised which is both confusing and frustrating to newer players and veterans trying to show them how to play.

The talking and communicating aspect of the game. Yes it's great when you can\want but for me - After long busy (and crazy) day i just don't want to talk to anyone no more and just play games quietly and think about life. AC/The division/FC games fits perfect for that purpose.   :unsure:

Those are some of my favorites. Just recently played through about half of Tomb Raider. I'd recommend it as well for a purpose like this, if you don't mind slightly more linear play.

Oh mate,how could you..."Traitor" wash your mouth out with soap!!. :D

The Devision...I'd rather watch paint dry!!.

Come back soon Foxxy!!. ;)

You will always find that when the team stack is in favour of US forces, its due to general public players wanting scopes, not clans. The majority of clans (as far as I am aware) prefer the non scoped factions (militia/insurgents) at least that is true for us.

And we (Red Coats) have had people cry and bitch because there are 7 Red Coats on one side. Oh dear, not even a full squad. Want some bottles for those tears??

I fully back clans getting on one side to play together. I hear people ask "why?" or "that's not fair" or "gg clans on one side". These people need to STFU.

So let's get something right. These clans, who pay for and supply a server for the public, can't play together?

Oh shit, that's right, these servers are free and the lads aren't paying for it out of their own pocket /sarcasm

For us personally, if we go above one squad, we will usually split across the teams simply to get a more competitive game, as stomping pubs game after game is no challenge at all.

Indeed, I prefer playing as militia,Russian and insurgent, I love the AKM.

Also what's the point of being part of a clan if we can't play together...

Those are some of my favorites. Just recently played through about half of Tomb Raider. I'd recommend it as well for a purpose like this, if you don't mind slightly more linear play.

Thank you for the recommendation brother! :)

Oh mate,how could you..."Traitor" wash your mouth out with soap!!. :D

The Devision...I'd rather watch paint dry!!.

Come back soon Foxxy!!. ;)

Yeah i know, The division gunplay and TTK is ridiculously stupid but i just love the set and setting plus the GFX is stunning. Today canceled my Pre-O of Farcry Primal because of the weak and shallow story which is an important aspect of any non MP game 4 me. :rolleyes:

On top of that, going from the level of competitiveness in Squad League game, back to PUB's is extremely deflating and frustrating. 

I almost have a quota for this. I go from SL'ing alongside some of the best SL's and squadmates in the community to shepherding and handholding other SL's. Not to mention the random pubs in my Squad. Of course, some people are new and they need some guidance. I have no problem with that whatsoever, in fact I love teaching new players. I love taking the things I've learned and passing them on to others for them to try and maybe understand the game more.

However, the time I spend doing that varies greatly depending on their personalities and how hard headed they are. If other new SL's and players are open to suggestions and are cool with being told that what they're doing might not be the best thing for the team and why, I'm all for it, but if they're stuck up, don't care about the team or not care what they can do to help the team win, or are just generally assholes, I begin to lose patience.

The frequency and severity of those types of events, gauges whether or not I end up calling it a night or taking a break for a few days. 

Like many others, I have stopped playing until the AMD issues introduced in 4.0 are resolved.  I keep trying to play a match.  It seems fine, then the first bunch of chatter or a gun fight and frames takes a nose dive.  3.x was amazing and I love the game play.  I hope I will be able to play this game again.

I can never see the enemy, I love the game but its the same thing for me, flank flank  (dead) wondering where did that come from. At first i was running in and not thinking. now I crawl for 10 minutes and (dead) still no idea where it came from. in 30+ hours I have never killed anyone that wasn't running away or i stumbled across. How the heck do people see that well. My back hurts from being hunched over looking 10 inches from my monitor trying as hard as I can to see someone coming. Please help me out so i can enjoy this more. I don't mind getting killed. but if i can never see it coming its not fun anymore because I never even have a chance. I5 4670 OC 4.2ghz, dual titans liquid cooled. 32 gigs of ram.

What's your field of view set to and what size is your monitor?

Bad players have been a turnoff lately.

I've been taking a break until the next patch and hopefully people will have figured out the game more.

Finally found what stops me playing squad, have a cold and lost my voice. Hate playing when not able to use mike

What stops me from playing is lack of squad leader communication or leaders with no mics. I mean, come on people...this is a teamwork based FPS. It's not for everyone, that's why there's COD and BF

Work, Mrs, Kids, Clan admin duties, lack of mind altering substances...the usual.

Luckily I can handle it and still play most days...ish.

:D