Sign in to follow this  
Mööp3li

Hello from Finland!

Hello all!

The name is Mööp3li. I'm 22 years old student from Finland. I Bought the game a while ago and I was pretty suspicious about it first since it's in alpha state. Needless to say I have not regretted my purchase.

In my 30 hours of playing I have experienced alot of good squads, intense fights and funny moments. There have been also silent squads with no communication between themselves and other teams as well as people without sense of teamwork in them. Yet I have liked every second of it. Live and learn as the saying goes.
The community also seems really awesome. I hope that at some point i get to join in a clan so I can get even better in this game. That is if they can tolerate my broken english. :D

I don't consider myself as an Arma veteran but i do have almost 600 combined hours behind me in Arma 2 and 3. I also play mmo called Guild Wars 2 and some times even CS GO. On single player games Skyrim and Witcher 3 are close to my heart.
Anyway pleased to meet all of you and if we ever get to be in same squad i hope you can tolerate my english.

And now back in the game! B)

Welcome to Squad  Mööp3li (copied ;) )

Pleased you are enjoying yourself, it really is money well spent!

Look forward to seeing you in-game.  :D

Vaimo ei tykkää kun verkkarit haisee Koskenkorvalle.

(That's actually a lyric from a Finnish dark/martial/industrial/noise/ambient music group I occasionally listen to. I don't really speak Finnish. :P)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! And Karm i believe that sentence holds very much truth in it. :D  " Wife doesn't like when my sweat pants smells like  Koskenkorva"(Finnish booze trademark). :lol:

Lived in Finland for a year in '94. Went from +40ºC (summer where I live) to -40ºC in Finland (mid-winter). Had to live in a sauna for a bit whilst I acclimatised. When you say 'kippis' it always sounded like 'get pissed' (to me) - drank to that many times.

Lived in Finland for a year in '94. Went from +40ºC (summer where I live) to -40ºC in Finland (mid-winter). Had to live in a sauna for a bit whilst I acclimatised. When you say 'kippis' it always sounded like 'get pissed' (to me) - drank to that many times.

I can only guess how messed up that must have felt :lol:

I can only guess how messed up that must have felt :lol:

Not as messed up as running from a sauna and jumping into a frozen lake.

Might aswell use this opportunity say hello to you all also, since being from finland too. Been a gamer since i was 5yrs in NES era in the very yearly 90's. I wouldn't call myself an experienced player in tactical fps, but i have history and great memories with OG Operation Flashpoint and ARMA I&II, and always been a fan of tactical fps, but mainly from gameplay videos, cuz i was mainly a consolegamer, until i builded my frequent PC for games and making music.

I bought Squad the day it hit steam, and have not regretted. Since always wanted to play PR, but im afraid that i would only ruin the game for everyone, because i only discovered it late of last year, and the community has been around for a decade. But in Squad there are even more inexperienced players so i blend right in :D 

Lately i have had some bad experience with squad in some servers with cheaters and trolls and whatnots, but thats normal when the playercount rises, so im not too worried about it. Hope in the future devs have a more immediate way to deal with them. But never the less, this is the game i always wanted. Teamwork, tactics, realistic and not spongy combat. No other game raises the heartbeat like this, when you see the enemy. And like everyone else, i'm anxious to see vehicles in the game, but i'll be patient. They'll come when they're ready. 

I hope to see more finn's in the servers, and please feel free to say hi, if some of you see's me in the game :) Oh, and im so terrible sorry for my horrible english, in the forum and squad radio. 

ps. Vapaasti saa meikäläisen lisätä kaverilistoille, samalla nickillä löytyy. Mukava olisi joskus saada ihan suomalaista seuraa poteroon.  

Might aswell use this opportunity say hello to you all also, since being from finland too. Been a gamer since i was 5yrs in NES era in the very yearly 90's. I wouldn't call myself an experienced player in tactical fps, but i have history and great memories with OG Operation Flashpoint and ARMA I&II, and always been a fan of tactical fps, but mainly from gameplay videos, cuz i was mainly a consolegamer, until i builded my frequent PC for games and making music.

I bought Squad the day it hit steam, and have not regretted. Since always wanted to play PR, but im afraid that i would only ruin the game for everyone, because i only discovered it late of last year, and the community has been around for a decade. But in Squad there are even more inexperienced players so i blend right in :D

Lately i have had some bad experience with squad in some servers with cheaters and trolls and whatnots, but thats normal when the playercount rises, so im not too worried about it. Hope in the future devs have a more immediate way to deal with them. But nevertheless, this is the game i always wanted. Teamwork, tactics, realistic and not spongy combat. No other game raises the heartbeat like this, when you see the enemy. And like everyone else, i'm anxious to see vehicles in the game, but i'll be patient. They'll come when they're ready. 

I hope to see more finn's in the servers, and please feel free to say hi, if some of you see's me in the game :) Oh, and im so terrible sorry for my horrible english, in the forum and squad radio. 

ps. Vapaasti saa meikäläisen lisätä kaverilistoille, samalla nickillä löytyy. Mukava olisi joskus saada ihan suomalaista seuraa poteroon.