Sign in to follow this  
WayTooBad

Whats your favorite "Role" in Squad? :)

Hi Squaddies, What's your favorite Role in squad? ;)

I know there are a LOT of you that only preffer a single role. I think my preffered role would be the grenadier. Now im curious about yours!

My main favorite roles are :

M4 Milita / Rifleman aim-point > Grenadier > LMG 

Other than that, I don't play much else.

The Medic obviously. Why? To become your personal errand boy... no, in all seriousness, it's simply the most fun class and you get to keep several balls in the air while your Squad is busy fighting the enemy and dying.

Grenadier, most likely. I really enjoy playing all the riflemen roles with optics (obviously), and I'm still trying decide which is more valuable to the squad. I guess it's really situation dependent, but grenadiers really can turn the tide of engagements. 

Favourite? SL. I love leading, but that ends really quick when people don't listen.

Of course I don't like leading all the time and enjoy playing whatever else I can, but it feels really good when you get guys who want to listen and you end up winning it for your team.

I enjoy Squad Leading or if I find myself joining another Squad, medic is a satisfying and challenging role!

I have learned that not all squad members will listen to their SL, regardless of how the game is panning out... I have found the kick button works if they do not heed warnings.. this game depends on all of the squad and team working together for everyone to get full enjoyment...

I tend to fluctuate between medic and SL because I fill in whatever's needed.  However I do like placing a nicely aimed RPG.

I have been getting it with the rebel/insurgent RPK74M lately.  If the SVD wasn't so under powered it'd be a tie between the two.

The idea of a singular "favorite role" is dangerous mentality. It encourages novice players that they can expect to be able to select their favorite role upon joining a game and be unyielding in their decision.

The current mentality among this community is "select the role that the situation demands". I still see that based on the replies in this thread, but I'd hate to see that change.

The idea of a singular "favorite role" is dangerous mentality. It encourages novice players that they can expect to be able to select their favorite role upon joining a game and be unyielding in their decision.

The current mentality among this community is "select the role that the situation demands". I still see that based on the replies in this thread, but I'd hate to see that change.

There's nothing wrong with having a favorite as long as you don't hog it 24/7 or use it when it's not needed.

All classes I really like and play, except the MG (autorifleman). I dont use that gun or class in INS either. Most favorite is medic, SL, or sniper. Medic is crucial to the team for revs and healing. I like to have some alive people with me, you know. SL: I like leading a team to success and having guys listen and suggest as well. Sniper: well i like it cus im good at it and they can really hit a team hard if they are good at it, which is what i did once. I remember seeing like 3 squads really putting my team down at a defense point, so I went low and flanked to the left. then, i sniped em all. Squad is great.

I love the LMG's to provide that massive cover fire for my squad to advance. RPG is second favourite. But I of course play all classes, because variation is beautifull.

1st I am a marksmen

2nd i will play a medic to help out.

3rd I also enjoy the grend role.

Dislikes:

Sniper bleh, doesn't feel right now.

Iron sights, feel all wrong. Distance zoomed right out. feels like 120 fov for me.

M68 comp, feels all wrong too, distance zoomed way way out.