The_sack_of_potatoes

Unreal engine suggestions

Beautiful graphics: but saying that nothing over the top so it Kills your PC.

Game style: as reality as one can be, but not over the top it's still is a game.

But last and most important of all is,having a awesome game and members that will take our  breath away for all Eternity & Beyond!... :D

See y'all on the Battlefield!!

The unreal engine is extremely powerful and I think we are already seeing some amazing things from squad (smoke, particle, lighting effects, shadows, PBR materials, large maps that scale well, etc)!

Mmmm, ue4 can do a lot of things, the challenge for us is making something that runs well on a huge scale. Personally im looking forward to the 4.8 release a lot....the epic devs are really trying to optimise large scale terrains with a lot of instances of rocks and trees. They also understand that mapping for large terrains by hand takes a very long time, and are coming up with some neat solutions for that too.

In the long run, Id love to see a realtime dynamic GI lighting solution, as its something the UE4 lacks atm. Most of the reeeeeally nice looking games using ue4 are still using baked lighting. Were holding out for something fully dynamic. Im pretty sure it will come. Just for info, their landscape demo was done with a prototype realtime GI, so theyre working on it, and its number one on their trello wishlist......fingers crossed!

Huge maps, like ArmA, I want map so big I can't travel on foot because it would take too long.

I just want to see Squad make it as an AA title that's it WITHOUT losing the core values of the game.

I just want to see Squad make it as an AA title that's it WITHOUT losing the core values of the game.

Same here comrade

+2

Can any DEVs shead some light on whether rain effects are possible in the future? Does it kill fps too much etc.

I would really like day/night and weather cycles.

Imagine playing the same map but sometimes it rains, sometimes it's foggy, sometimes it's clear as ever, sometimes night,dusk,morning etc. it would make playing the same map almost a new experience each time if you add in random AAS flag routes.

Can any DEVs shead some light on whether rain effects are possible in the future? Does it kill fps too much etc.

I would really like day/night and weather cycles.

Imagine playing the same map but sometimes it rains, sometimes it's foggy, sometimes it's clear as ever, sometimes night,dusk,morning etc. it would make playing the same map almost a new experience each time if you add in random AAS flag routes.

I'd love to see alternate weather/time on maps as well. It'd help keep things fresh on maps you've played a million times.

what you guys want to see from the unreal engine and ingame?

The ability to change main visual settings while in-game and have the changes take effect without a restart. Things like Texture quality, Model quality, draw distance, lighting/shadows, AA, field of view, etc. 

A microphone test feature

Separate volume sliders for voices, sound effects, music, player voices. I'd love to be able to specifically make Local voice chat louder or quieter than squad voice chat. 

The ability to change main visual settings while in-game and have the changes take effect without a restart. Things like Texture quality, Model quality, draw distance, lighting/shadows, AA, field of view, etc. 

A microphone test feature

Separate volume sliders for voices, sound effects, music, player voices. I'd love to be able to specifically make Local voice chat louder or quieter than squad voice chat. 

That's how it is right now.