Chuc

Squad Original Soundtrack

Chuc   

Hi Squaddies,

scotttobin.jpg

We have a very special announcement for our music lovers, the Squad Original Soundtrack will be made available to all Founders via Steam shortly. Featuring nearly 10 tracks including main menu tracks, extended versions of compositions featured in Squad’s trailers, this album will be an audio record of where Squad has come from and also where it will be heading into the future.

Here is a short preview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcLfXKAx1DI

The soundtrack has been a labour of love by our very own in-house composer, Scott ‘Alkali’ Tobin. Based in Dublin, Ireland, Tobin is a music producer of soundtracks for film, television and video games, with his roots stemming from the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. In a lot of ways his music has developed with a lot of us on the development team as we have grown from modding to a fully fledged indie studio.

PR 1.0 Theme - We Fight Together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpVG94lJu4

Desert Sunset

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioEcqQnEyrk

Scott: “I knew from the beginning that Squad was going to be something very special. The team's philosophy on creating Squad’s gameplay is very unique and specific from any other games in its field. This soundtrack is very much inspired by my love for ambient music, video game soundtracks, modern film soundtracks. This was a personal choice but also a creative choice in order to capture the emotion and feeling behind Squad.

“Lost Squad - ” features “Farah Elle” on vocals, whom I met when I was assisting on a recording session in Dublin. The song features a fusion of western and eastern music genres. In the latest version of “Lost Squad”, I have incorporated battleground sounds made by Anders, the sound designer for Squad. The battleground sounds will also feature in other songs in the Squad soundtrack.

A few composers that have influenced me would be the likes of Jeremy Soule, Marty O'Donnell, Brian Eno, Bobby Prince, Hans Zimmer, and Thomas Newman to name but a few. Thank you the support and messages over the last while and I hope you all enjoy listening to the soundtrack when it is released. Hopefully I will see some of you on the frontlines!”

Best, Scott

As well as supporting Scott as a contractor we will soon be making the first Squad soundtrack volume available for purchase on Steam with Scott taking a direct portion of the sales as a royalty to help support him making music well into the future.  We hope those of you that love his music will pitch in the nominal fee and help him make even more music!  

We will keep you all posted as to when this will happen.

Offworld Out.

unfrail   

Kudos to Scott on a job well done. The audio tracks are chill inducing and simply wonderful. Much thanks and I hope you stick around for v1.0, 2.0 et cetera.

I can´t wait for this, I still listen to the PR soundtrack now and then, it just plays some memorable PR szenes from all these years in my mind while hearing it.

WarFox89   

Scott ‘Alkali’ Tobin​ is a genius! i love your music very much and it's full of soul and emotions. Please keep up the wonderful work you're doing! <3<3

MrG4rfo   

It only plays in the menus you know.

Yes and it's off :-) rather they spent money on other bits ingame 5 grand 10 grand for music rather it go into sound effects or something else don't need it in this game maybe single player yes that be good ;)

Yes and it's off :-) rather they spent money on other bits ingame 5 grand 10 grand for music rather it go into sound effects or something else don't need it in this game maybe single player yes that be good ;)

well the have the budget to do both so why wouldn't they?

music is a preference and not everybody is going to like the same things, your free to turn it off but don't ruin it for everyone else.

this obviously isn't the thread for you :)

Oh great, one of the most important aspect inside a game!

I'm very happy that they spend some budget on the music compartemnet! When they will add some specific theme that starts at the loading time for the maps it will be one of the core element for me. I keep sing some of the PR theme when i do my things! :D

Hadi   

Great stuff, great music!

simply just amazing music composition. I enjoy the songs and I hope to get it  via steam - I'm one of the supporters

Karm   

I'll give this a listen. I always turn music off in games, because I'm pretty much always already playing my own music in the background - and two tracks crossing each other isn't a nice thing. So for convenience reasons, I just turn off the menu music, even if it's pretty. If it's better than the music I'm already playing, it'll end up in my own playlist but I'll still keep in-game music off.  ;)

Will let you know how I like it. :)

MrG4rfo   

I'll give this a listen. I always turn music off in games, because I'm pretty much always already playing my own music in the background - and two tracks crossing each other isn't a nice thing. So for convenience reasons, I just turn off the menu music, even if it's pretty. If it's better than the music I'm already playing, it'll end up in my own playlist but I'll still keep in-game music off.  ;)

Will let you know how I like it. :)

Carefull m8 you will be shot down now for saying you don't have music on in games lol