tYRP

Beards for insurgents/militia/usa/russia

insurgents already have beards. and from what I just read on wikipedia in the US beards are prohibited for recruits.
Its about hygene and an air tight seal if you need to use a face mask.

only certain special forces are allowed beards which Squad doesn't have.

more reading, Russians seem to be OK with beards, the UK doesn't usually have them but they allow them in Afghanistan to blend in (Like the US special forces) but overall the US still prohibits them, along with Canada. Mustaches are fair game though.

Yeah I think certain specialized rolls in the US Army, should get a beard. 

Normal army infantry units do not get beards. This is not within the regulations of the U.S. Army or any other branch of service.

insurgents already have beards. and from what I just read on wikipedia in the US beards are prohibited for recruits.

Its about hygene and an air tight seal if you need to use a face mask.

only certain special forces are allowed beards which Squad doesn't have.

As SuicidalChair said here, certain Special Force units are given relaxed grooming standards. 

Ask someone in the infantry if they are allowed to have beards....hahahaha. hell, ive heard of guys coming out of heavy firefights being told to immediately get that 5 o clock shadow off their faces. There are no SF operator zero darky thirty seal team 9 guys in squad. But yeah for the militia or insurgents... sure.

You can grow as big of a beard as you want in the U.S. military. 

As long as you can manage to avoid any single individual above the rank of E-3 long enough to get away with it. 

I liked sixta so much more before I found out he was a pedo IRL.

Ooh, from my understanding, combat arms who were on PB's were allowed to go for a few days without shaving. At least a 5 o'clock shadow would be good, it would make the soldiers look more like infantry instead of Personnel Other than Grunts (just my 2 cents).

I've had a couple of good ones - it's kinda weird how you always get a good RSM or a shit CO, or visa versa.

Literally always. My BC's were all badass old killers and treated us right. Never had a good Sergeant Major.