Gamemode idea: Conflict

Hi, I was thinking of a gamemode for more dynamic/war style gameplay.

One solution I came up with was this idea I like to call Conflict.

General:

The base idea is that there is a conflict between 2 factions.

They try to fight over land and (slowly) destroy their enemy. The area they fight over changes depending on where the conflict starts.

Gameplay:

Both factions start with one plot of land.

They move on turns and capture land.

For example: US moves onto a plot of land and captures it since there is no hostiles in the area.

Each plot should have their own advantages, one plot could have a tank factory or a light vehicle factory which would start producing your team tanks/light vehicles.

Also I thought so that it would be a little more hectic then a chess game I suggest the developers would add something to move troops to somewhere farther then a plot away.

Let's continue. US has the plot of land captured, now US can start using the plot of land as an benefit to the team. Construct better weapons or such. If the enemy gets on the plot of land starts a fight.

If the attacker wins, they earn the plot of land for their team, if the attacker loses they lose a little of their equipment or such and won't get the plot of land.

The "match" ends when one of the factions earn all of the plots of land or destroy the enemy's main base/starting plot.

This could be turned into a really complex gamemode, you could add in so many mechanics and things.

It would be hard to balance though I believe. If the devs think this is a worthwhile project they can do it.  ;)

What do you think?  :huh:

(also sorry for mistakes, english is my secondary language :P )

Fluidity? A campaign mode would add fluidity by connecting battles in order. Perhaps not as Val would have it, but his ideas are not so different from RO's campaign mode, which is what I prefer when I play that game. 

C'mon, some Canadian you are.  :) I for one welcome new ideas and community, even if the ideas aren't fitting for Squad. 

That being said, I don't think a campaign mode is an interest to the Devs. PR excels at single map after map gameplay. It doesn't need to tell a story. I also think it would take a lot of cooperation between players, and the community as a whole doesn't have that. That's where organized PR tournaments with their structured rule set and campaign map come in. Perhaps OP will look forward to those.

Fluidity? A campaign mode would add fluidity by connecting battles in order. Perhaps not as Val would have it, but his ideas are not so different from RO's campaign mode, which is what I prefer when I play that game. 

C'mon, some Canadian you are.  :) I for one welcome new ideas and community, even if the ideas aren't fitting for Squad. 

That being said, I don't think a campaign mode is an interest to the Devs. PR excels at single map after map gameplay. It doesn't need to tell a story. I also think it would take a lot of cooperation between players, and the community as a whole doesn't have that. That's where organized PR tournaments with their structured rule set and campaign map come in. Perhaps OP will look forward to those.

Alright, a solid point   ;) Thanks for the first actual nice reply

No, go play something else, this sounds like an RPG idea f*** outta here

Thanks, gave me a very good first impression of Canada

This is the only warning you will get from me for rudeness. Don't do it again. 

Maybe something like King of the Hill? The objective could rotate (randomly) after 5 mins or so players cant just wait in a known location for the obj to appear.

Or perhaps "the hill" will spawn in the center, if your team holds the point for more time than the other team, your next capture point could be closer your original spawn points, Lets say there's 3 or 4 points between the center and your spawn (for each side). The team holding for the longest time will withdraw to the closer objective ( as if the aim is to reach the center and extract with some form of supplies or intel). If the opposition then holds the next point, they move back to the center and begin to take the supplies/intel back to their spawn location (with 2-4 points between, each with a 5min window to take the objective.). 

each objective could last 5 mins, spaced roughly 1km away from eachother,  giving the team that lost control of the point a chance to run back and make up time. if the opposition wins in that time, then its a battle to wipe the next point and turn the tables.  

A simple layout

[ :ph34r:] ---------------- {A}-------{B}------------( C ) ----------{D}-------{E} ----------------------[ US ]

to move closer to your spawn (and winning) you have to take the center and try win the next 2-4 points, visa versa, 

I understand games could go on for a while, but its just a suggestion, maybe most time held, wins overall? 

Some kind of campaign will be fun. AAS and INS is good but i don't think that only 2 game modes will be enough to keep ppl in game. Imo i like campaign from RO2 it's simple and enjoyable, you got simple map with few regions and you need to vote to do some action such as attack or stay in defence.

You just made yourself look very, very silly towards the rest of the Squad community. Good job. If IronTaxi sees this..

I for one will not take you seriously anymore.

Thanks, gave me a very good first impression of Canada

Don't mind him.. There are some rotten apples in this awesome friendly community.

Welcome to our forums!

I love the campaign mode in RO2, maybe servers that want to host this campaign mode could pick what maps they want to be voted on prior to the campaign starting (like RO2 where you vote on the preset locations but server admins could decide what those locations are that could be voted on) it could be depending on the maps there could be two main factions (Nato vs Rebels/Insurgents for example) that way mutliple factions can still be used but they are a part of one big faction/ group on one side of the war vs the other side. like they 're all allied on one side