Sign in to follow this  
Karm

Kids in Squad

Terrifying title, I know. But I just wanted to share a funny thing that happened yesterday.

When playing with the RedCoats yesterday, we ran into a kid. And I don't mean a squealer 14-year-old that tries to Call of Duty, I mean like an actual 9-year-old. What he was doing in this game, I do not know. Probably someone's little brother or kid. (But at least he was using his mic. :D)

He was squadless and found himself in the middle of a firefight in the hills on OP First Light, at a FOB that was being attacked from all directions. It, it just made me laugh. He was talking all the time and it was so out of place. In the middle of a heavy firefight we were having, he was saying things like "oh.. OH!! What am I supposed to do now?" and "This is a real situation here!" and randomly started following team players around.

After we cleared out the hills and things cooled down a bit, I saw him crawling past while prone. "Why aren't you crawling?" he asked. "This is a very safe way of moving!" as he snailed past, not ever getting up.

We took down the FOB 'cause it had been unsafe. The next objective was train wreck, the last objective, heavily defended. As I moved up with my squad, I noticed the kid had hooked up with 2 guys laying low at a small hill in the valley, south of the houses and train wreck. Then I saw an enemy moving their way, running close past them but not spotting them. The kid got up and started following him. He was literally 1 meter behind him and just followed him around for what seemed to be an impossibly long time in such a hot area. I don't even think he even realized it was a hostile. Someone shot the hostile eventually.

...All of that just made me giggle. I don't think this is the best game for kids, especially that young (because it's hard, not because "oh noes violenz"), but just that out-of-placeness made this encounter pretty entertaining. :P

I am of the opinion that that younger generation is the replacements for what we believe in. Some important things to me are the US military, the 2nd amendment right, and hunting. I have not served but I might see if I can get past basic in a few years, we'll see, but there are quite a few people who cannot experience the military and don't have an appreciation for what they do. I know a lot of Guard units will host airsoft events for the community. Oh, thousands of veterans run airsoft organizations to pass down any technique and skill sets they can to people who will never in their life experience what they did, such as just land navigation and how to properly shoot and hold a firearm. It's really great. I think Squad would be an amazing gateway for people to ponder in firearms, airsoft, military, and police. It certainly gets people interested.

I understand the hate of the whining kids that have slept with all our mothers and sisters, I hate them too, but the ones that actually are trying even if they are as silly as up there, I say let em in and show them a good time and be the best examples you can be. 

What was his name? I think it might be the same kid... he's 10. I can't remember his name! It was funny because I had to ask him to leave to make room for a friend of mine. His voice was so high pitched lol.

Yeah, I personally have no issues with younger players that are at least trying. Just have to tell them to use local instead of radio chat for some of their silly constant "ooh aah amazement" banter which may be interfering with the effective communications. :)

Yeah, I personally have no issues with younger players that are at least trying. Just have to tell them to use local instead of radio chat for some of their silly constant "ooh aah amazement" banter which may be interfering with the effective communications. :)

Yeah just teach em in a good way. 

What was his name? I think it might be the same kid... he's 10. I can't remember his name! It was funny because I had to ask him to leave to make room for a friend of mine. His voice was so high pitched lol.

I'm not sure. :P

I played with a kid once, he took squad leader and was the only squad with a slot available so i joined, he led us to victory, as many know you don't fuck with the squad leader so we didn't, rush after rush, flank after flank we wiped out the enemy, it was crazy and at the end he said thanks for not treating him like a 10 year old COD squeaker, I believe that kids may have a place in this game as long as they see it as what it is and not another battlefield or COD.

As a youngster in the early PRs, I was a teenager. I really enjoyed playing on the veteran servers with all the vets as I had just been raised my life on military bases and was like my second home, I finally started to get into squad leader positions and people could hear my high squeaky voice and they were cool, they were the reasons I stuck with PR. Top rate right there. 

Lol reading this.

I just wanna adopt the kid hehe.

Speaking of prone in the grass.

Last night lying prone, healing myself at a corner of a compound, 4 nme passed me by a meter and went inside. I got up, made sure I had a fresh mag and walked in behind them....they were reviving a friend, 5 bursts later I was a very happy medic and proceeded past the pile of bodies and revived my SL. #SQUADmoment

With the proper guidance and mentor support he will grow into a master squad player and his name will be sung in the halls of squad for ages to come.

There is one guy... I think much older :D who make sometime funny stuff. model his voice to up. So he sounds like 9 year old and do funny stuff and record it. Scenario which I read there looks like him :) 

But I can mistake. It really could be 9yo. But todays even so young could recognize enemy. Its look like "trolling enemy scenario" classic funny stuff.

Damn good for relax watching this vids :D 

It really could be 9yo. But todays even so young could recognize enemy.

It was US vs Russia, that's a hard one to make out for every starter since they both wear military uniforms that are roughly the same shade. Only thing different is patterns and colours, helmets, and the missing name tag.

It was US vs Russia, that's a hard one to make out for every starter since they both wear military uniforms that are roughly the same shade. Only thing different is patterns and colours, helmets, and the missing name tag.

What gets me is russia vs militia. Besides the guy in the track suit, it's pretty much just trying to see who's wearing a cap or a helmet.

good, we have to teach them earlier and before any other games. 

When I was a kit I had America's Army 2.5 to play!

Had similar tried to explain that the SAW he had was useless running around like rambo. Asked him to cover a direction in prone this lasted less than a minute. I asked if someone would get the LAW. All I heard was , I can do rpg, i can do it. Like some crazed puppy. Was nutty

Remember when my daughter was 8yrs Old,she used to watch me play JointOps...Dad,dad let me have a go.pleaseeeee!.

I wouldn't let her play in the actual game/multiplayer,due to Xrated language...But in the game trainer,Yes...She got to be very good sniper!..

What I'm really saying is this...Kids shouldn't be exposed to War/Violent environments...This is my Imho!..My area of expertise are...Got 7 Kids(so far)!!!. :lol:

If you do agree having kids in our game..."Mind your Fookin' language"!!. :P . :D

I don't want to sound like the type person who would know anything about raising kids (I am 21 and have no kids), but isn't 9 years a bit to young to play Squad?

Honestly this is not a game made for kids in any way. (Same goes for Counter Stike, CoD and so on). 

I am of the opinion that that younger generation is the replacements for what we believe in. Some important things to me are the US military, the 2nd amendment right, and hunting.[...]

For some reason I now picture you sitting on the front porch of a countryside house with a shotgun in your lap and a severe sunburn (assuming you are white) having a groupd children in front of you and explaining to them the history behind the constitution. Stereotypes strike again I guess.  :D

Playing Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Wolfenstein 3d, GTA, Redneck Rampage since I was 4.

Redneck Rampage was pretty bad. :D

I remember that selecting the default difficulty started the game with a redneck yelling "HOLY SHIEAT!". I also remember the game included a crossbow that shoots live chickens with dynamite stuffed up their ass.

491197-redneck-rampage-rides-again-dos-s

And drinking. Lots of drinking.

What I'm really saying is this...Kids shouldn't be exposed to War/Violent environments...This is my Imho!

Agreed, let kids develop interest on their own instead of being "introduced" to shit like guns and violence by adults.

Got 7 Kids(so far)!!!. :lol:

You should start selling your sperm!

Father of two sons here.

No way I'm letting a kid under the age of 11 play this game - particularly with some of the (albeit small minority) of meatheads that play.

I think kids grow up too soon these days anyway. No need to accelerate that process. Same reason I wouldn't let a child watch Liveleak videos.