Rekosaurus Rex

How big/loud will the explosion of the IED's be in Squad?

Hey can someone or one of the Devs tell me how the IED's will function in Squad?

I'm intrigued by the art of "ALLAHU AKBARING" and I would very much like the IED's to resemble much of like real life, maybe a medium blast range (500m) and a very loud explosion that can be heard miles away, followed by gorgeous black/thick smoke effects shooting up way into the sky like a cloud, that should make people feel terrified. (Maybe even add a voice that yells something in Arabic, before he activates the detonation, if not that's okay).

ied.jpg

These are the IED we will receive.

These are the IED's you are talking about :P: 29145DC600000578-3097116-image-a-7_14326

You should think of the IED's as c4 more or less. 

But I mean a big red is always welcomed  :rolleyes:

ied.jpg

These are the IED we will receive.

These are the IED's you are talking about :P: 29145DC600000578-3097116-image-a-7_14326

You should think of the IED's as c4 more or less. 

But I mean a big red is always welcomed  :rolleyes:

idk, i think this ied (pictured above) would be way stronger than a brick of C4. just my guess

The IED's we'll be getting (based purely on the picture above) are 81mm mortars. 

I couldn't find a particularly good video of 81's impacting, but, here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TS09c0HGYg

500 meters is a far cry, even with 10 of them daisy chained together. And, from what it looks like as of now, it'll only be up to three. 

500m??? thats the blast range of a small sized nuke....

155mm rounds have an effective blast range (Kill radius) of 70m on flat ground....