BlackDog1247

The Commander Role

So a HUGE aspect of project reality was the "Commander". The ability to have a objective set from a commander who has an overall understanding of the fight unfolding (well at least you hope they do). The commander function to command units, the UAV's role, and other command aspects is nice. Because there is confusion among squads sometimes about what is going on. Having a commander find those objectives for you is nice. It makes being a squad leader a bit more easy having a unified command structure.

I searched for a topic, nothing came up...hmmm. Apologies!

the search function is broken... happened to me several times too... dont worry

Some nights I found that I wasn't in the mood to jump into a gritty fight in PR and instead wanted to play something a bit easier that didn't require my full attention. That's when I fell in love with the commander mode, I was able to view the battlefield from the safety of my UAV and relay important information to the team all the while sipping on my favourite beverage. I hope once all the important features are implemented into Squad that the commander mode is looked at.

the search function is broken... happened to me several times too... dont worry

Seems to be working just fine to me. http://i.imgur.com/bkg9yPV.png

But yeah, this is a planned feature(it's even stated in the "What is Squad?" tab/page) that will make it in when they decide to implement it.

Urgh - there aren't even enough people who know how to lead a squad let along a whole team...

It'll be great when it works, but I can see it being a nightmare for pub games.

Urgh - there aren't even enough people who know how to lead a squad let along a whole team...

It'll be great when it works, but I can see it being a nightmare for pub games.

I can't wait to see it in action with clans. I'm sure we'll see some really good commanders develop. And that level of directing squads will be insanely awesome. :D

Really hope to see a commander role implemented in the game. It was not perfect but it was a lot of fun to play with.