BrightRaven210

Weird Problem with FPS, Frame Freezing, and Flashes of Black When ADSing

So, every time I start a game or round, as well as after respawning, the first time I walk, ADS, shoot, or change my weapon kit at a supply crate, my FPS will drop a few frames before freezing at a single frame and then flashes black for two to five seconds before going back to normal. After that I can repeat the action I was initially attempting to do without a problem; however, changing kits will still cause the problem even if I am changing for an Nth number of time in the same life.

Does anyone know why this happens and how it is that I can fix this?

My setup uses the i5-4430 and the PNY GTX 950.

I have a GTX 960 i5 4440 and appear to have the same problem. Also on Kohat after a few minutes when i look at the trees, my FPS will drop to the 10s when its normal 50/40 FPS. It's fairly annoying, and that majority of the time I freeze is when someone or I get hit by a bullet.

So no one is either a) willing to answer, b) knows the solution to problem or why it happens, or c) even bothered to read this post.

Would be great to get some help, since this problem has made the game unplayable and unenjoyable for me. I had to stop playing the game completely and now I'm substituting my craving for playing a realistic FPS by playing Project Reality and Battlefield 4, but it's just not as fun to play with out my usual squad mates (and the shenanigans that occur when we play together). I just hope this is answered soon or gets fixed in a future patch or something. I just got this game two weeks ago, played it only four times, and I had eagerly waited for this since I heard about it back when it was beginning its alpha (and also waited with more excitement than I had when I first found out Battlefield 4 was in development). I know it's early access, but I just hope this can be cleared up soon.

Alright, I'll take a stab at it... Have you tried running the game in either borderless or Windowed mode? Have you edited any .ini files? Is this a recent thing or has it been happening since you got it?

So, every time I start a game or round, as well as after respawning, the first time I walk, ADS, shoot, or change my weapon kit at a supply crate, my FPS will drop a few frames before freezing at a single frame and then flashes black for two to five seconds before going back to normal. After that I can repeat the action I was initially attempting to do without a problem; however, changing kits will still cause the problem even if I am changing for an Nth number of time in the same life.

Does anyone know why this happens and how it is that I can fix this?

My setup uses the i5-4430 and the PNY GTX 950.

Do you have the latest drivers?

Alright, I'll take a stab at it... Have you tried running the game in either borderless or Windowed mode? Have you edited any .ini files? Is this a recent thing or has it been happening since you got it?

*Sigh*

Thank you.

The game has only ran in windowed mode. Nothing else. Never bothered to run it in borderless.

I have not edited any .ini files. I know that I should never touch those unless absolutely necessary.

And it has been happening since I first got the game two weeks ago.

Do you have the latest drivers?

Yes, I have the latest drivers. Past experience has taught me to stay on top on driver updates 24/7 – 365, as well as to keep previous driver versions saved on a USB should the new ones cause problems with stability.

What happens if you run it in full screen mode? I ask because your description reminds me of a screen resolution issue.

What happens if you run it in full screen mode? I ask because your description reminds me of a screen resolution issue.

Not sure. I'm in school right now, I won't be home until 4:30 EST, and even then I won't be able to use my computer until I finish writing a research paper that is due tomorrow morning. AND THEN I have to go grocery shopping. So... You probably won't hear back from me until later tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon.

It came back with all the files valid, so nothing wrong there.

Hi Mate,

First download the ccleaner and use it. Clear your registry.

Second download from Steam the Driver Booster and use it. Update your computer all drivers what the software recommend to you.

Third delete the voice and radiovoice uasset files from program files(x86)>steam>steamapps>common>squad>squad>content>audio>classes and remove the RadioVoice and Voice .uasset files

Fourth try the game.

May be solution to you.

You may see better results posting a support question in the support section of the forums :P.  Just saying.  Most people looking to resolve a problem for someone else usually look in the support forums. 

Im surprised you have issues with your video card.   A 950 is a very decent option these days .  However, this game needs some serious optimization.  No offence to the Dev's but the unreal engine itself needs serious optimization and their hands are tied in some respect.  I do have to laugh at their minimum system reqs. on steam tho.  I'm confused as to what they think a playable fps is or if they just want more sales.  [sry boys, love yer game but get real.]  I play a lot of games and the graphical fidelity vs performance ratio is always much better on anything other than the unreal engine.  It's almost like the unreal engine is so amazingly great at producing life like quality, that even when you're trying to use simple shitty textures and lighting, it act's like your rendering a fucking disney movie on yer pc while playing.  No offense DEVS, I love your game, but when it comes down to how good the game looks vs its performance you're falling behind.  BF2:PR doesn't look much worse..  Or you could take recent games like the 64 player bf4 servers that the gameplay looks 4x better and runs smoother.  The unreal engine is capable of so much, but it's a resource hog of a bitch none of us will be able to see anything really smooth out of for a while.  BTW your in game trailer on steam STILL shows vehicle combat as an already integrated feature..  Once again, sorry guys.  Prove me wrong, or don't give people the opportunity to complain in the first place.  You put yourself in this, keep working hard.

Problem may lie in your power supply unit.  OR you may just have to goto your nvidia control panel 3d application settings and set it to maximum performance.  if you get blue screens and an 0x000009c error you'll know you have a power supply  or hardware issue.  

Could be one of many other things.  if you list your full system specs, including your psu or any overclocks your running it'll be easier for me/us to understand.  With the details given so far it sounds like a bottleneck to me.

Don't run your games in windowed mode either...  Either go Borderless or fullscreen for best performance.

Sorry I haven't made any replies, I've been really busy for the past two weeks.

Anyway, it's actually thanks to the prWARS/AIC Server Admin, dy_ ,that I was able to fix the problem. Two and a half weeks ago, he had sent me a private message (a.k.a.: not-so-private-now message) telling that he had fixed the problem for himself by using borderless, a setting I kept forgetting to test when it was suggested and constantly forgot it even existed as a setting. Now I can play the game seamlessly (or about as seamlessly as one would with 25-30 FPS on a 64 hz 720p widescreen monitor) and live the PTSD inducing firefights.

Thanks for all your responses! They could still help those who are experiencing the same problem and the borderless solution doesn't work for them.

Anyway, it's actually thanks to the prWARS/AIC Server Admin, dy_ ,that I was able to fix the problem. Two and a half weeks ago, he had sent me a private message (a.k.a.: not-so-private-now message) telling that he had fixed the problem for himself by using borderless, a setting I kept forgetting to test when it was suggested and constantly forgot it even existed as a setting. Now I can play the game seamlessly (or about as seamlessly as one would with 25-30 FPS on a 64 hz 720p widescreen monitor) and live the PTSD inducing firefights.

Thanks for all your responses! They could still help those who are experiencing the same problem and the borderless solution doesn't work for them.