JD-WA

Do Server Admins have a map showing enemies ?

I couldn't find another thread to answer the question as only found something about the Admin Camera watching live gameplay.

But the other night on Australian server I accidentally got a team kill from 200m after a call of enemies by my Squad Leader and there was no name tag visible.

Then a chat message came up ADMIN: Watch your friendly fire JD-WA, you TK'd me, decent shot from back there but. 

I apologised and explained the reasons.

I then started following him through the map and he was 'running' into enemy compounds and never dying and we won the game easily.

At the end of the game he had 52 kills and 3 deaths, next closest was 8 kills and 2 deaths. I have seen him again in other games with very high scores K/D compared to others.

It then got me thinking how did he know it was me, obviously through Admin rights, fair enough we need that for cheaters & purposely TK.

But with him knowing where I was, does he have the same ability against the enemies.

Because tonight we were on a different server getting hammered by amazing shots from everywhere and all the calls of hackers etc came out in the chat and one of the guys in my Squad said that they would have a guy with a laptop marking out all the enemies, does this mean Server Admin again ?

Not much we can do about it and we need Server Admins but it would be nice to know about it.

There's an admin ticker feed that displays all Tk's and Suicides. It displays ingame, so admins can see who is TKing who and at what frequency.

Besides the admin feed there is also admin cam which allows admins to free cam around the map. Obviously you can't play and admin cam at the same time. In theory it is possible to abuse this by having one in cam calling targets to another ingame.

Maybe I have too much faith in our community but I can't see any server owners abusing powers.

What was the name of the server?

Hope this helps.

It would surprise me if they did. Sounds like the guy was cheating one way or the other. Unless of course he was some kind of Call of Duty pro or something obviously :P

Should hand the guys' name to the Devs.

The guy would have to jump out of physical player to see where everyone is, unless another admin in camera was passing that information. But it's a tough accusation without proof,

Any admin in RIP would have their admin rights stripped or if serious enough be kicked from the clan if they were found cheating, in fact only senior admins in RIP have access to the camera on the public server. The role is very important and there comes with a high level of trust and responsibility.

My simple advice if you are not happy is to play on another server...

You said the admin was on your own team. Anyone can see all teammates and their names on the map, so theres nothing suspcius about him knowing your position. You dont even have to be an admin.

You said the admin was on your own team. Anyone can see all teammates and their names on the map, so theres nothing suspcius about him knowing your position. You dont even have to be an admin.

That is very true lol

Keep in mind that some players are just that good. Most of are not (well, I am not, at least). That said, if you think that something is suspicious, go to the server owners and just ask. Be respectful, but bring up the issue with them. I highly doubt any server owner would allow their admins to use their tools to cheat. See what kind of response you get, and if you are satisfied, keep playing on that server. If you are not, find another one to play on.

Like the RIP guys, the 7th Cav does not tolerate abuse especially from our admins. If you see anything suspicious on our servers our forums are the place to bring your report.

50+ kills is rare, I have seen it once though in 120 hour of game play. The end round VOIP went crazy "are you human?" We asked him. That's over twice what I have ever done.

Admin abuse however is a serious matter, haven't experienced it myself though (in squad). But I play on European servers, the populated ones.

After more than 200 hours played I can't really say I've seen anyone go 50+ kills in one round. I myself end good rounds with 20-30. Now, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would definitely be suspicious of anyone getting 52/3 unless I knew he was getting fed kills by newbies spawning on a fob that's constantly being camped or something. It's just very unlikely that he'd be able to do that. So, yeah, very suspicious, but I wouldn't raise such accusations without a proof.

After more than 200 hours played I can't really say I've seen anyone go 50+ kills in one round. I myself end good rounds with 20-30. Now, I'm not saying it's impossible, but I would definitely be suspicious of anyone getting 52/3 unless I knew he was getting fed kills by newbies spawning on a fob that's constantly being camped or something. It's just very unlikely that he'd be able to do that. So, yeah, very suspicious, but I wouldn't raise such accusations without a proof.

50 kills also says something about the other teams unwillingness to utelize their medics, now that I think of it.

We have a few guys go from the 25- 50 range but 50ies is rare and pretty amazing. Here is an example of admin cam if you watch the second match (around the 58:30 min mark it starts). You'll notice at the end the announcers are surprised by two scores, a 27-4 and a 33-10. This is against organized clan teams who are very solid players. 

I know our guy benefited from constant communication and target identification for him to capitalize on. With good comms a player can really feast

(example) to the point where it seems like they have some voodoo magic going on. Against pubs that can result in a score like the 50 kill range. That's how we get those scores at least. 

Sometimes it feels like someone has a unfair advantage but its really not - hope this helps.

Keep to Servers & Admins who are well respected in our community people...anyone can open a server & be King,abuse his power!.Have seen it so many times before.DF/BHD/JO so on...

Bringing it back,,,Enjoy!. :D

The only time I've seen that is when one of my teammates was camping the only FOB the enemy had on the map. He just sat there prone with the 249 and mopped them up - while we covered him. And the idiots kept spawning there time and time again :)

Yes I understand that, my question was more around the seeing of enemies which was well answered in the thread that it is possible to have a laptop or similar next to you with Admin Camera running.

As I said there is not much that can be done as it is a necessary evil, so just come downs to honour and respect.

Thanks for the info/answers from Admins and keep up the good work on your servers.

Tk shows up in feed, if it makes hackers stop then yes pls

Yes that's true about TK ing, but if you have a global message of admin cam, the cheater can simply turn of his cheat, and not get caugth/banned.