Litoralis

Welcome to the new users who found us from the JackFrags' and TheDevilDogGamer's Videos

Great to have all the new guys here expressing interest in the project and community! This is the kind of stuff that brings me back to the gold old days!

Can't wait to put epic-pen on your A...*ahem* sorry bout that, Warm hug for everyone should do the trick XD

Have been watching all video's DDG has been putting out from Squad, i knew they were developing a successor to PR but not that it was already looking this good! Been a BF player since BF 1942 and BF2, after Dice and EA did not care about mods anymore i gave up on the franchise. Nice to see Squad is turning out!

Hey guys, I can't wait for squad and be apart of the Squad community. It looks like so much fun.

1. When is the EXPECTED date for this game to be open-alpha on steam? I've voted for it on greenlit, and will be buying the $30 dollar deal on kickstarter.

2. Support for SLI, most heavy gamers, have an SLI configuration. I've looked into it and the Engine you're currently using does not support SLI. Is there anyway to perhaps implement it into the engine?

(I have very little knowledge when it comes to programming engines and other sorts) 

In-game content

3. Are there going to be a vast amount of different guns, and how customizable while they be? Ex. Different Barrel types for longer/shorter range, flash muzzle, suppressor, scopes, lazors, 

4. Will there be customization to your character. Ex. different headwear, boots, gloves, anything that would look appealing and give you more control of how your character looks.

5. Ghili suits? That would be dope as hell.

6. Vehicles? Humvee, tanks, ect

7. The Map, will there be more freedom of the use of maps? For example, a squad leader could put rally points, draw lines of what to do, where to engage, ect.

Some people, like me, like to visually see the plan rather then hear it.

Thanks for the responses!  

Hey guys, I can't wait for squad and be apart of the Squad community. It looks like so much fun.

1. When is the EXPECTED date for this game to be open-alpha on steam? I've voted for it on greenlit, and will be buying the $30 dollar deal on kickstarter.

2. Support for SLI, most heavy gamers, have an SLI configuration. I've looked into it and the Engine you're currently using does not support SLI. Is there anyway to perhaps implement it into the engine?

(I have very little knowledge when it comes to programming engines and other sorts) 

In-game content

3. Are there going to be a vast amount of different guns, and how customizable while they be? Ex. Different Barrel types for longer/shorter range, flash muzzle, suppressor, scopes, lazors, 

4. Will there be customization to your character. Ex. different headwear, boots, gloves, anything that would look appealing and give you more control of how your character looks.

7. The Map, will there be more freedom of the use of maps? For example, a squad leader could put rally points, draw lines of what to do, where to engage, ect.

Take a look into the FAQ, and it will probably ansver many of your questions, other than that, i stronly suggest taking a look at Project reality to get a better understanding of what this game aims to be :)

http://joinsquad.com/faq

http://www.realitymod.com/features

In-game content

1) After the Kickstarter starts on the 26th, that'll run for one month, and all being well the Closed pre-alpha will run then, proceeded by the Closed alpha and then Early access. So maybe a few more months yet, at a guess. Though nothing final has been said 

2) No idea, I don't program :P 

3) No idea really, I remember there was some talk of customisability, but I'm not too sure if there was a conclusion (try a forum search for that one). 

4) Yes. As far as we know there will be different weapon skins for the AK/M4 and clan patches available. I'd imagine other skins etc will be available down the line, and I'd assume there may be some other customization options but that hasn't been confirmed, that I'm aware of. Hopefully the clan patches will be both arm patches and vehicle motifs. 

5) No idea, to be honest - though this game is more teamwork orientated so I doubt it.

6) Yes. Big yes to this. A Hummer and Bike have already been modeled, just awaiting implementation. Tanks and aircraft (helis and probably jets too - most likely Cas jets) will make it in at a later date. However, they are coming! :D

7) Pretty sure this is something that will be added, as to what degree I don't know. But rally points are already in, as for attack markers and the such, they aren't in yet but will probably make it in really soon. As for fluid lines to draw more complex things (Read: Penises) on the map, I really hope that will be there!! 

Take a look into the FAQ, and it will probably ansver many of your questions, other than that, i stronly suggest taking a look at Project reality to get a better understanding of what this game aims to be :)

http://joinsquad.com/faq

http://www.realitymod.com/features

Our current FAQ on the website is pretty outdated, we will be updating it soon.

Jackfrags and TheDevilDogGamer are doing a good job, since they started to advertise Squad the 'Most people online" number got doubled.