Mannex

Rally recharge timer on squadleader HUD

Maybe have the rally recharge timer display at all times in a corner of the squadleader's HUD so he can have an idea of the timer at a quick glance?

I don't think it's a good idea to have a timer for the simple fact of making your HUD more cluttered and look cheap, but that's only my opinion.

Perhaps when pressing the deployables button, the time remaining could appear under the rally point option. That way, the squad leader can quickly check without having a cluttered hud, or needing two squadmates.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a timer for the simple fact of making your HUD more cluttered and look cheap, but that's only my opinion.

I agree with this.  Coming from arma, I also dislike the built in compass at the bottom of the display.  Where it is helpful, if I'm going to play a game without a HUD I don't want a HUD, unless we're wearing Google compass glasses.  You can go to deploy it and it will tell you the remaining time. Also if I'm not mistaken isn't there a game timer in the top right? You could count down with that.

I agree with this.  Coming from arma, I also dislike the built in compass at the bottom of the display.  Where it is helpful, if I'm going to play a game without a HUD I don't want a HUD, unless we're wearing Google compass glasses.  You can go to deploy it and it will tell you the remaining time. Also if I'm not mistaken isn't there a game timer in the top right? You could count down with that.

D0SBx6L.jpg Bo68UPz.jpg

I don't mind the compass at all (having played Project Reality for years...) I simply don't want to add additional clutter (referring to the suggested timer...) to my HUD other than more compass and map markers.

I prefer the minimalist approach when it comes to the HUD but the compass is an exception. Probably my single favorite thing about PR's UI over arma's is not having to get out my compass every time just to see what direction I'm facing.

I don't mind the compass at all (having played Project Reality for years...) I simply don't want to add additional clutter (referring to the suggested timer...) to my HUD other than more compass and map markers.

if you've spent more than 10 minutes squadleading you'd want the timer, although having it visible next to the rally option only when holding T is an excellent halfway compromise.

if you've spent more than 10 minutes squadleading you'd want the timer, although having it visible next to the rally option only when holding T is an excellent halfway compromise.

I agree, I am leaning more towards this implementation.

Perhaps when pressing the deployables button, the time remaining could appear under the rally point option.

+1