samogon

The Military Media Thread

Video from 2014 - Nigerian Soldier fights Hand-to-hand with a Boko Haram Terrorist. There is longer version of the video from what I heard sadly he was gunned down later. R.I.P. Hero Warrior who fought against terrorism.

Ok Guys and Gals

Here is one for you to all check out: http://www.liveleak.com/c/syria#item_page=349 

Catch up on all the news (Combat Related) From Syria, starting Feb 2016.  The link starts on Page 349, if you have plenty of time on your hands have a try at going from page 349 all the way through to page one.  I am sure if you pay attention to the titles, you will find some incredible videos in there. I know there are atleast 100 awesome combat videos tucked away in there.

I was going to sort through my favs and post in here, which i have been doing.  But perhaps its just better for you all to have a scroll through from page 349 (early Feb 2016) Until present day.

Quite a historical picture. Also, any way to revert back to full size embedding? 

Gw2K6KJ.jpg 

Plus one more which I think captures the conflict very well:

nSAnRbZ.jpg

Edited by BTR

Anyone got stuff on the Soviet - Afgan war? Documentaries?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, naezro said:

Anyone got stuff on the Soviet - Afgan war? Documentaries?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, Romagnolo said:

I came here to post this video.

For fuck's sake, Abu Hajar! It is a serious and sad video, but that guy made my day. 

Nothing is sad about rats like Abu Hajar getting killed.

100 years ago, First Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_day_on_the_Somme

Somme offensive was a beloved child of Field Marshall Heig who promised that "boys will be home by Christmas" and after blunders of 1915 was eager to show British strength to both German and French generals.

Everything was meticulously planned and calculated, except couple of teeny tiny details - like, that Germans had four heavily fortified lines of defense instead of two, like Allies (Entente) thought. The whole plan was about taking two lines of defense and that was practically it. In order to bring fear of God upon Germans, Allies launched massive artillery barrages over German positions for A WEEK. But only later it was discovered that a whole week of raining death did not harm German defense, partly because fire correction and intelligence were highly ineffective at that time, partly because of terrible state of British artillery.

German artillery didn't disclose most of their positions and used small barrages for ranging, readying themselves for upcoming assault. German infantry was hiding in underground shelters they called Stollen and after week of barrages returned to their positions almost unharmed.

Anyway, intelligence reported that German positions were torn into pieces and offensive will be like a walk in a park for Allied soldiers. 250% historically accurate photo of intelligence and Allied generals before offensive:

5831_300.jpg

At 7:20 am on July 1st, 1916 Allied troops gathered in forward trenches and mounted bayonets. In 7:30 am Allied artillery stopped firing and whistles made infantry know that it's time for attack.

(panorama by Joe Sacco)
4285_900.jpg

3343607.png

Somme-Big-Push-1916.jpg

Exact timing is unknown, but some historians claim that at 7:23 Germans came out of their shelters, at 7:25 they got machine guns ready and at 7:27, using unscathed underground telephone lines, they called in all artillery that was in their disposal on that part of front. Thanks to small barrages they fired before, they know exactly where to shoot.

What happened after that was absolutely terrifying.

3946_600.jpg

4557_600.jpg

5102_600.jpg

Staggering 27000 killed and almost 60000 casualties overall among Allies.

somme-day-1-casualties.jpg

In the near-century since, the Somme has been the subject of novels, plays, paintings, popular songs, documentaries, docudramas ? virtually every kind of creative medium, in addition to the military histories and monographs that continue to multiply as the 100th anniversary of these events approaches. This fascination with the Somme reflects its enduring power as a metaphor, as shorthand for the stupid futility of mass slaughter ? the ?pity of war,? in the words of another doomed poet, Wilfred Owen.

Hello, I want to introduce some Polish military, enjoy:

Edited by TznSiekiera

On 7/4/2016 at 1:40 AM, TznSiekiera said:

Hello, I want to introduce some Polish military, enjoy:

Thanks for the contribution!