Jump to content
samogon

The Military Media Thread

Recommended Posts

On 3/12/2016 at 4:55 PM, LMR Sahara said:

Anaconda went to shit due to a lack of intelligence from the Cave Systems on Takur Ghar. Did it not? 

 

On 3/12/2016 at 6:42 PM, KTMR29 said:

 

It went to shit mainly because the US relied to much on the Afghans and Pakistan. Pakistan that airlifted a huge bunch of those Turdistanis. Had they decided to flip the bird to Pakistain, UBL would have only been the Hide and seek champion of October 2001.

Right, because we're all experts on why these missions fail... give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattersEnd said:

 

Right, because we're all experts on why these missions fail... give me a break.

It's not me saying it, it's the US military itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_airlift

 

Also Tora Bora, wasn't this huge Complex, it was mainly grottos and the guys had mostly fled after a tip from Pakistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At roughly 2:30ish and on wards, you have some footage of Cobras taking out Iraqi Tanks/Armored vehicles in 2003. Is it just me, or are they firing a TOW a portion of the time? Some of these dont look like traditional Hell fires. (Second half of the video has annoying music).

EDIT: Yep, looks like TOW's on Cobra's are a thing.

http://www.davidpride.com/Army/images/Perry_109.jpg

3:30 looks like Hellfire, however. Some of the other ones can clearly be seen as a TOW.

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live airstrikes against some Soviet armor against the Iraqi's in Desert Storm by some Apache Helicopters during the early 1990's. 

 

(May all soldiers on both side of the conflict rest in peace) 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire-bait and slaughter of Iraqi military by the US. That's some heavy shameful action there. Rumailah is a disgrace not a battle. The US used the ceasefire to actually trap the Iraqis and fuck them up. While I won't shed a tear for the Iraqi Republican guard Divisions hammered there, the US 24th ID knowingly acted like a bunch of assholes, including killing civilians GTFO there. This is unacceptable especially when in the mean time the US hammers Russia about Ilovaisk Ukraine.

While this is a military media thread, please mind your examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

Fire-bait and slaughter of Iraqi military by the US. That's some heavy shameful action there. Rumailah is a disgrace not a battle. The US used the ceasefire to actually trap the Iraqis and fuck them up. While I won't shed a tear for the Iraqi Republican guard Divisions hammered there, the US 24th ID knowingly acted like a bunch of assholes, including killing civilians GTFO there. This is unacceptable especially when in the mean time the US hammers Russia about Ilovaisk Ukraine.

 

It's important to remember that in Rumaila it was an Iraqi convoy that opened fire on a US Patrol two days after the cease fire, which then resulted on the assault on the Iraqi convoy portrayed above. 

As the OP Stated, keep out of politics for this thread. It's war, it's nothing but shame, civilians get killed, nations become hypocritical, people get scarred for life, people behave like assholes, it's usually not fair, and in the end no one wins. Get on with it. I don't want this to escalate into a debate, so It would be best to just end this here. Cheers

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't post heavily loaded content and expect that no one answers. It's not the first time you post very unsensitive content. 

For lack of patience, I'll just ask you to take a map and a history book. The US had already bottlenecked the I1 highway, in Nassyriah. They had blocked the I8 around Al Zubeir towards Basrah and at Tell Shyuik towards Baghdad. They declared an unilateral ceasefire while actually NOT ceasing or movement. Fact is that in US narrative scouts become 'rear guard' and an inferior and routed Iraqi convoy becomes an agressive probing accross the only open path towards Baghdad from Al Qurnah.

However has read a map on his life and knows the movements of the US 24th ID (along with their overwhelming superiority) can't exactly say it was Iraqis "firing" on the US "patrol" while the US "patrol" had Apaches on the swivel. Nevermind that ironically the Iraqis opened fire while being on their way out in the midle of a 4km bridge that was also the last open way to relative safety.

 

It's one of those things that you can't make up even if you tried...or maybe you can. 

 

This isn't "politics", it's facts. And facts, as McCaffrey told later, were that cutting the Rpubs to pieces was his "most joyfoul experience during that war". Basically, he was more than itching to blow some Iraqis. And somehow, them Iraqis afforded him that pleasure. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

You can't post heavily loaded content and expect that no one answers. It's not the first time you post very unsensitive content. 

For lack of patience, I'll just ask you to take a map and a history book. The US had already bottlenecked the I1 highway, in Nassyriah. They had blocked the I8 around Al Zubeir towards Basrah and at Tell Shyuik towards Baghdad. They declared an unilateral ceasefire while actually NOT ceasing or movement. Fact is that in US narrative scouts become 'rear guard' and an inferior and routed Iraqi convoy becomes an agressive probing accross the only open path towards Baghdad from Al Qurnah.

However has read a map on his life and knows the movements of the US 24th ID (along with their overwhelming superiority) can't exactly say it was Iraqis "firing" on the US "patrol" while the US "patrol" had Apaches on the swivel. Nevermind that ironically the Iraqis opened fire while being on their way out in the midle of a 4km bridge that was also the last open way to relative safety.

 

It's one of those things that you can't make up even if you tried...or maybe you can. 

 

This isn't "politics", it's facts. And facts, as McCaffrey told later, were that cutting the Rpubs to pieces was his "most joyfoul experience during that war". Basically, he was more than itching to blow some Iraqis. And somehow, them Iraqis afforded him that pleasure. 

  

 

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

As the OP Stated, keep out of politics for this thread. It would be best to just end this here. Cheers

 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Some good old Iran Iraq footage. 

Edited by KTMR29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KTMR29 said:

 

Please don't misquote me.

 

Just leave it, it's worrying that I have to remind you this three times now. Let's move on. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

Please don't misquote me.

 

Just leave it, it's worrying that I have to remind you this three times now. Let's move on. 

It's not about you, for some reasons your quote was stuck in the reply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

It's not about you, for some reasons your quote was stuck in the reply...

Ah, when that happens, usually if you have your cursor over the quote box, click on the "+" arrows on the top left of the quote box, and hit delete on your keyboard. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Six Minute Video with the Syrian Arab Army during the battle to liberate the Ancient City of Palmyra/Tadmur from ISIS/ISIL/Daesh. Was Fully Captured Yesterday. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ivan_Sidorenko said:

Six Minute Video with the Syrian Arab Army during the battle to liberate the Ancient City of Palmyra/Tadmur from ISIS/ISIL/Daesh. Was Fully Captured Yesterday. 

 

At 4:11, there's a brown/red hair guy in Marine's MARPAT style jacket on the right. Westerner? Some kind of military advisor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×