samogon

The Military Media Thread

310 posts in this topic

So that's what a Russian invasion would look like. Lol

Dude, those are just "self-defence groups organised by the locals who bought all their uniforms and hardware in a shop."

:D

Joking aside, Gotta love Helicopter formations  :P

1 hour ago, samogon said:

>not having schiessbefehl as your soundtrack

inshallah I will pick up a NVA handkerchief this weekend

0:50 Is this true? Russian Infantry doesn't do CQC? Video is a bit dated, hence me asking.

Edited by LMR Sahara

Nope they don't do house clearing the "new way", they do it the old way (that NATO would teach as well). Which is storm the building and clear it one room at a time (slicing pies and changing brown pants) this is new way. When facing strong points, pummel the building with Thermobaric and Frag. Level the shit out and then clear it the old US way. Toss a handgrenade in the room, entee pew pew pew, rinse and repeat with every space in the area. Although that's  not clearing, it's mainly mopping up.

Surgically clearing and securing buildings is a Western Idiocy IMO. It costs men and time. Saying this from a former NATO military standpoint. 

Edited by KTMR29

1 hour ago, KTMR29 said:

Surgically clearing and securing buildings is a Western Idiocy IMO. It costs men and time. Saying this from a former NATO military standpoint. 

Then what do you suggest as a better alternative when it comes to an Urban environment? 

12 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Then what do you suggest as a better alternative when it comes to an Urban environment? 

grenades and demo in every room like he just said. Demo saves lives.

14 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

grenades and demo in every room like he just said. Demo saves lives.

Can't that (sometimes) result in civilian casualties though? I guess it mainly depends on the probability of whether the target is in the compound or not. 

Edited by LMR Sahara

32 minutes ago, LMR Sahara said:

Can't that (sometimes) result in civilian casualties though? I guess it mainly depends on the probability of whether the target is in the compound or not. 

>implying you give a fuck. Any civilians who are in a war zone are acceptable losses in a cold war gone hot.

Edited by trotskygrad

10 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

>implying you give a fuck. Any civilians who are in a war zone are acceptable losses in a cold war gone hot.

As much as I agree, that doesn't go down too well with the media, and how other countries view the PR of another. 

1 minute ago, LMR Sahara said:

As much as I agree, that doesn't go down too well with the media, and how other countries view the PR of another. 

>caring about media and other countries opinions in WWIII 

23 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

>caring about media and other countries opinions in WWIII 

I'm thinking Syria

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

Now let's get this straight, there are people here that have been in harm's way and I do not want to belittle their efforts and training. BUT, the main factor NATO has gone into a more discriminating ROE is that most of the military actions it has performed these last decade have been very complex aberrations. Afghanistan and Iraq have been exercises in futility. You can't fight a war and try to rebuild a country. From a military standpoint, the armed forces in Afghanistan for instance were all out. Doing 3/4 tasks which a military is only obliged and required to do during a provisional occupation period. In Stan the US forces and ISAF were supposed to be the military, the police in remote areas, the social services with the reconstruction and mentoring teams and in most cases the economic driving force for the areas they deployed. Bagram's GDP exploded from 2002 to 2008.

This puts the militaries in question at a big disadvantage. You can't be seen killing folks and doing your job as elite fighting force if in the mean time you have social and political limitations. Ergo the whole Iron fist in a Velvet glove simply costs you more than a complete military operation aimed a wrecking up your opponents.

So the whole new method of limiting damage and discriminating (albeit far from working)  puts more people into harm's way.

What I suggest, well old school. ask every NC to get the fuck out and work it properly. It's not like the US military can't do what the Russians do. It's just that they put themselves into situations that shouldn't be present in war. Period.

8 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

0:50 Is this true? Russian Infantry doesn't do CQC? Video is a bit dated, hence me asking.

No,we don't.Usually they blow this up.As they said - saving hostages is Internal troops task.

I've had some sort of CQC training.But this wasn't killhouse.And I served not in regular infantry unit.

6 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

416C0C4E-50E9-4014-A392-0210CBCCACAB_cx0

Did you think civilians would like to live here?Doubt it.

When Army start doing hes job - they don't really care about civilians.If there will be civilian casualties - this is problem of civilians.

Of course - we are unable to use weapon against unarmed,but still life and health of soldier costs more,that civilians.

Edited by samogon

Ensuring you have capable units that excel in CQC in absolutely fundamental today.  Without it, the United States would not have been able to carry out the BinLaden raid, as I don't think they had the option of leveling the compound he was in.  Special Forces will always have a purpose.

2 hours ago, MattersEnd said:

Ensuring you have capable units that excel in CQC in absolutely fundamental today.  Without it, the United States would not have been able to carry out the BinLaden raid, as I don't think they had the option of leveling the compound he was in.  Special Forces will always have a purpose.

Special forces is special forces.They always have CQC training.In case of SF training - in Russia I think it's even better.

Every SF unit are multipurpose.All of them have both CQC training,psycological training and field training(Closer to VDV or Marines training,but deeper).Every one,even SWAT teams.

Programm is secret,so only SF operators,but...

But regulars.Is that not nessesary,even squad have enough firepower for destroying enemy builiding.

The major part of ground forces are mechanised.There is no light infantry,like USA have.Every squad have at least APC.Even Paratroopers/Air Assault assigned to some fighting vehicle(BMD/BMP/BTR),which will support them as soon as possible.

Edited by samogon

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:12 PM, MattersEnd said:

Yeah because the previous raid, you know OP anaconda was such a success. And Ben Laden was killed by the fresh 0311 and Patricia, his rifle.

4 hours ago, KTMR29 said:

Yeah because the previous raid, you know OP anaconda was such a success. And Ben Laden was killed by the fresh 0311 and Patricia, his rifle.

Anaconda went to shit due to a lack of intelligence from the Cave Systems on Takur Ghar. Did it not? 

1 hour ago, LMR Sahara said:

Anaconda went to shit due to a lack of intelligence from the Cave Systems on Takur Ghar. Did it not? 

It went to shit mainly because the US relied to much on the Afghans and Pakistan. Pakistan that airlifted a huge bunch of those Turdistanis. Had they decided to flip the bird to Pakistain, UBL would have only been the Hide and seek champion of October 2001.

btKKv1S.jpg

VE Day Anniversary, D.C. May 8, 2015.

(Yes, this is RAW and my own)

Edited by Hunter_Sh0tz

Fort Carson, CO, June 2012, 10th SFG (US) and 45th Airborne Brigade (RF), joint excercise ending ceremony.

colorado-120601-opt1.jpg

colorado-120601-opt6.jpg

colorado-120601-opt8.jpg

colorado-120601-opt7.jpg