samogon

The Military Media Thread

308 posts in this topic

If it's good,why GIGN used weapon like SIG553?

Because they're a counter-terrorism unit that has different needs than a infantry unit?

Yup, in 2017 the FAMAS will be slowly replaced by another rifle (and not a made in France one). The FAMAS was a good rifle, but now, he have 40 years old, it's time to modernise !

The candidates are :

" l'allemand HK 416 (Heckler und Koch), le belge Scar ou encore l'italien ARX 160 (Beretta) "

Note that the HK416 is already in use in SF.

Because they're a counter-terrorism unit that has different needs than a infantry unit?

Then answer me another question - why Russian SF use AK74,as well as Army?They also have diffirent needs.

Note that the HK416 is already in use in SF.

Well... looks like I'm old.Well,just remember.

141364006645.jpg

Yup, in 2017 the FAMAS will be slowly replaced by another rifle (and not a made in France one). The FAMAS was a good rifle, but now, he have 40 years old, it's time to modernise !

AK is almost 70 years old(Almost same since day of birth,serious changes only on AK12).

AR15 - 50 years old(But yeah,this one heavy modifed in mod A1 and A2,so probably 30 years will be correct)

The reason is diffirent.

Yeah, but i think the French Army plan to modernise the infantry in a technologic way (we saw the FELIN). Maybe something they could not have done with old weapons.

And please, old doctrine and equipment made a lot of harm to France in the past.

The big red pants in WW1, visible from far, or the old strategy and doctrine that cost us the WW2 :p

I also think that the famas even the felin is a bit too heavy and need lots of maintenance( just supposition)

I think any military that uses the FAMAS should not use it and switch to a gun that looks cooler. I mean, we don't need functionality, just tacticoolness for our operators. Right?

I think any military that uses the FAMAS should not use it and switch to a gun that looks cooler. I mean, we don't need functionality, just tacticoolness for our operators. Right?

If you look cool, you are cool, and if you are cool, you think you're cool, and if you think you're cool, you win fights. 

Armored South Korean Wall of kickassery with some US Organization/Advisory roles involved in the exercise. 

nybehkubzw9vs0c60uee.gif

https://www.facebook.com/DaehanmingugYuggun/videos/1344642795561251/

As well as some F-22's flying near the DMZ

160217-F-ZZ000-002-630x390.jpg

Sweet Christ, that's a lot of armor. 

Edit: I bet every single one of those dudes were pissed as hell after spending ten thousand hours lining up up their vics for some dog and pony show. 

How do they know they're all ISIS?

There are women and children there. If you're a male and you happen to be running away from the explosions you hear, does that make you a terrorist?

Reality is brutal, and I am not too fond of actual killings of any kind.

There are women and children there. If you're a male and you happen to be running away from the explosions you hear, does that make you a terrorist?

It's not, it was a old video from Afghanistan-Taliban. Even at that, they do 5-10 (6 in this video) different PID checks to make sure they're not civilians, with a ground source on the ground (obviously) to confirm that as well. The same can't be said about some other countries. Keep it on topic and stay away from politics as the OP mentioned. 

I do agree with that last line you mentioned, however.

Sometimes some folks need killin', and that's just how it is. 

ivan, srry if this is a stupid question, but are you fighting in syria? if not who is ivan sidorenko?

ivan, srry if this is a stupid question, but are you fighting in syria? if not who is ivan sidorenko?

No im not, Ivan Sidorenko is a WW2 Russian Sniper who had 500 + kills

BMPT

BMPT_at_Engineering_Technologies_2012_(4

bmpt6.jpg

BMPT-72

bmpt-72.jpg

BMPT72__ARMIY-2015_10.JPG

Typhoon-U MRAP.

2015AlabinoFirst-15.jpg

Typhoon-K MRAP

Alabino220415part1-24.jpg

BTR-MDM Airborne APC.

2015AlabinoFirst-18.jpg

K-17 IFV and K-16 APC.

Alabino220415part2-51.jpg

4mayrehearsal_21.jpg

Alabino220415part2-50.jpg

Non stanadart way of reloading AK.

There is also third way - hit it your buddy,if he is in armor vest.