samogon

The Military Media Thread

On 9/9/2016 at 10:39 AM, Scarish said:

Pretty spectacular video from the large exercise 'Caucasus-2016'.

What are ships like that called @ 1m into the video? The ones who's bow opens up to let vehicles through while still looking like a destroyer? I've googled "amphibious assault ships" but all i get is pictures of aircraft carriers

Edited by Tomato-Rifle

On 02.09.2016 at 9:01 PM, samogon said:

Minimi like weapon are past.

1)Intermediate cartrigde isn't enough for modern combat.Increaced ranges and modern body armor makes it's useless.

2)Weight of Minimi is around 7 kilos empty.Weight of PKM - 7.5 kilos empty,PKP - 8.2 kilos empty.But they have far much higher firepower,than Minimi.It could be funny,but we actually create future weapon in 1970s.

3)Some countries looking for replacement of their Minimi.New Zeland and United kingdom looking into 7.62 variant of Minimi,US Marines already exclude Minimi from squads.

Tokar - inspired by Minimi,is an absolutely not needed weapon today.As for RPK-74,well,I saw them in use... very accurate weapon at short bursts.But... honestly,I don't see future for them.

1) Isn't enough? Most of what you see at the battlefield is an enemy's head. How can I remember, all helmets protects head against 9mm pistol's round.

Let's see at RPK74 from other side. You can mount 3-4x optics on the side rail and now you have very accurate automatic rifle -> you can spray 3-5 rounds and it would be much effective then PKM without optics (because you need a spotter with bino, you are waisting time). And how much costs both? )))

Ok, we have 3 marksmen and 9 automatic riflemen per company. Try to equalize it! How? Give optics for RPKs and they can improve their effective range from 300-400 to 500-600 meters - very close to SVD with 600-800 meters of effective range. ~10% "sharpshooters" per company - much effective then 3%. It is not just about the use of optics for targeting, you can detect the enemy sooner than in the past.

Also, marksmen needs 3 sec for targeting, soldier with RPK-74M+4x optics needs over 1-2 seconds to shoot. Why? Because RPK-gunner hasn't big recoil and his target will get one of 3-5 bullets very soon - simply, he doesn't afraid to make second and third shot.

As for Tokar - you are right, I guess.

I don't understand MoD. How they are going to win the war of the future, if they are satisfied with the 50-year-old documents? Wunderwaffe - isn't working in monkey's hands.

Sorry for my tongue-tie. I hope you'll understand whay I tryed to say.

Edited by BrossParavoss

On 11.09.2016 at 10:14 PM, BrossParavoss said:

1) Isn't enough? Most of what you see at the battlefield is an enemy's head. How can I remember, all helmets protects head against 9mm pistol's round.

Let's see at RPK74 from other side. You can mount 3-4x optics on the side rail and now you have very accurate automatic rifle -> you can spray 3-5 rounds and it would be much effective then PKM without optics (because you need a spotter with bino, you are waisting time). And how much costs both? )))

Ok, we have 3 marksmen and 9 automatic riflemen per company. Try to equalize it! How? Give optics for RPKs and they can improve their effective range from 300-400 to 500-600 meters - very close to SVD with 600-800 meters of effective range. ~10% "sharpshooters" per company - much effective then 3%. It is not just about the use of optics for targeting, you can detect the enemy sooner than in the past.

Also, marksmen needs 3 sec for targeting, soldier with RPK-74M+4x optics needs over 1-2 seconds to shoot. Why? Because RPK-gunner hasn't big recoil and his target will get one of 3-5 bullets very soon - simply, he doesn't afraid to make second and third shot.

As for Tokar - you are right, I guess.

I don't understand MoD. How they are going to win the war of the future, if they are satisfied with the 50-year-old documents? Wunderwaffe - isn't working in monkey's hands.

Sorry for my tongue-tie. I hope you'll understand whay I tryed to say.

The classic RPK are accurate and precise because of it's long thick barrel and it's weight,which make shooting smoother.

This one a little bit longer than standart AK,and weight is slightly higher than AK.So increaced volume of fire,with almost same recoil and accuracy.Makes no sence to me.

As for accuracy blah-blah-blah... well,10% of all you can do on shooting range will be your combat efficiency,maybe even less.Over statistic - there was 20,000 rounds used per one death in WW2.Today,it's increaced to 40,000 per death.You probably would never see your enemy and fire on direction.

Edited by samogon

Wish to ask our US members: I wonder - who are these guys on video? What unit(s) they may be from? Seals? Rangers? Delta? Something else?

Edited by Scarish

We have four of these class frigates, 600 million euro a pop

Dutch advanced air defense and command frigate with state of the art advanced radar suites, best of NATO, it can be modified to suit BMD

and intercept Ballistic missiles from over 2000 km and has already been tested to do so.

Features

- Can pass down accurate tracking information to US Navy vessels equipped with Aegis.

- State of the art long range surveillance Smart-L radar and multi function radar APAR. 500 > 2000 Km.

- Can launch and track 16 to 32 missles at once.

- Command and air-defense frigate but can also fight submarines if needed

Yes they look like cool yachts :)

Edited by MDInteractive

What ballistic shield looks like after some of assaults on Wahhabi lunatics in Northern Caucasus.

d39Z6uA.jpg

lAGZBvz.jpg

These photos have been taken in May 2016

Some basic info about that operation. Google-translation with some basic corrections.

"Many people have heard about the last spets.operatsii this weekend in Derbent, many have been wounded. Killed Tyumen SWAT officer(shield-carrier) ... So, to understand (at least approximately) a density of resistance -.. Photo assault shield himself, man died from injuries into the femoral artery...
In Derbent during the storming of the apartment, where the militants, was mortally wounded a fighter of special troops, sent to Dagestan from Tyumen, 33-year-old Viktor Timofeev. He died in hospital shortly after admission. He left a wife and 2-year-old daughter."

Captain Viktor Timofeev

BFNA_rF29zQ.jpg

Edited by Scarish

"Typhoon-VDV" by KAMAZ with 30mm 2A42 autocannon.

WTF with this resurrected fashion of equipping 4x4 chassis with a 30mm autocannon?

On ‎3‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:16 PM, samogon said:

In Russia this thing called Ekranoplan.Advantages of this - they can transport cargo as ship,but with speed of plane.

This is Lun-class(Project 903) Missile carrier-Ekranoplan.

Loon_Fire.jpg

This,and ships on 'underwater wings' been developed by Rostislav Alekseev.

can it fly or only on sea?

On 16.10.2016 at 0:40 PM, titanpilot321 said:

can it fly or only on sea?

it can only fly at a limited height of a couple of meters above sealevel, as it utilizes the ground effect to achieve the insane lift capabilities

On 3.8.2016 at 1:16 PM, samogon said:

In Russia this thing called Ekranoplan.Advantages of this - they can transport cargo as ship,but with speed of plane.

This is Lun-class(Project 903) Missile carrier-Ekranoplan.

Loon_Fire.jpg

This,and ships on 'underwater wings' been developed by Rostislav Alekseev.

Do you mean " ships on 'underwater wings'" hydrofoils? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrofoil

27 minutes ago, Scarish said:

Combat Cat.

I had once combat bird sitting in my front sight, there it were sitting and staring at me a long time until I moved and it did fly a way.

On 05.10.2016 at 3:56 AM, Scarish said:

"Typhoon-VDV" by KAMAZ with 30mm 2A42 autocannon.

WTF with this resurrected fashion of equipping 4x4 chassis with a 30mm autocannon?

Hmmm...

VAB-20-13.jpg

If construction can do that,why not.

On 24.10.2016 at 0:02 AM, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Do you mean " ships on 'underwater wings'" hydrofoils? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrofoil

Yeap.There was literal translation.