1 hour ago, naezro said:

I ment like pushing through an open field with BTR covering for us

As you saw - it was bad idea.

it's kinda Tank + IFV role to push like this.,

Edited by samogon

42 minutes ago, samogon said:

As you saw - it was bad idea.

it's kinda Tank + IFV role to push like this.,

According to reddit, the enemy tank at 3:52 took 3 direct rpg's fire , but he was able kill those BTR's and retreat back to base.

54 minutes ago, Ranagash said:

According to reddit, the enemy tank at 3:52 took 3 direct rpg's fire , but he was able kill those BTR's and retreat back to base.

It's depends what type of RPG.I saw only RPG-18,which is basically RKG-3 with reactive engine.It's only 150mm RHA AP,so yeap,they have no chance against MBT with ERA.

Why this?At least because RPGs with higher AP doesn't have more than 300 meters range ajustment,so it was old-gen RPGs,cuz they ajust at 500 meters.

Edited by samogon

World War II Documentaries:

This is a good one, not as great as the WWI documentary I posted early in the thread. I'll admit I haven't watched the entire series, but it has a good amount of information and original footage.

This documentary is pretty extensive on the WWII military air campaign launched against Germany.  It has some good interviews and original footage.

To top it off, here is an original flight engineer training video.  This video shows how different things were back then, how everything was mass produced and how Aviation technology was mostly mechanical and analog. It required the whole crew to communicate and work together in order to function.  

On 11.8.2016 at 0:28 PM, Tartantyco said:

Colombian Army ambushed by FARC Rebels:

Terrifying.

Cold War Documentary:

https://youtu.be/22KIQ1QNnhE?list=PL3H6z037pboGWTxs3xGP7HRGrQ5dOQdGc

This is another fantastic 24 part series on the Cold War starting from the end of WWII up until the 1990's.  It has a lot of exclusive interviews from Jimmy Carter, Fidel Castro, top Russian military advisors, KGB officials, Mikhail Gorbachev, as well as many of the regular people affected.  Which gives this series a relatively unbiased view of both sides.  As well as showing live footage from key points in history.

If your a history buff like I am or you like documentaries. I highly recommend you give this series a shot.

Edited by naezro

2 hours ago, Scarish said:

-snip-

Looks cool, It just looks thinly armored.  I don't know if it would be a vehicle that would serve in mass.

13 hours ago, naezro said:

Looks cool, It just looks thinly armored.  I don't know if it would be a vehicle that would serve in mass.

I doubt it will be a mass version of Tiger. Speaking about its armor - a standard version of Tiger for RA has 3 class of protection - against non-AP 5.45x39 or 7,62x39 from the distance of 5-10 meters. While the most armored version has 6a class, which is protecting against the special 7.62x54 armor-piercing bullet with a hardened penetrator, from the same distance of 5-10 meters.

18 hours ago, naezro said:

Tigr never been produced as mass vehicle.

BTW,it's Tigr-M.I have no info about it's armor,but it's definitely more,than average Tigr STS(3th Level - 5.45/7.62x39)

Kalashnikov unveiled new RPK-16.

Obviously it's for export.MoD not interested into such weapon anymore.

Edited by samogon

1 hour ago, samogon said:

AFAIK, it's initiative proposal of Kalashnikov Concern for the program 'Tokar-2' - development program of new 5,45mm LMG for Interior Ministry/National Guard.

Just now, Scarish said:

AFAIK, it's initiative proposal of Kalashnikov Concern for the program 'Tokar-2' - development program of new 5,45mm LMG for Interior Ministry/National Guard.

Kalashnikov isn't participating in this program currently. "Tokar-2", like the first iteration of this program, was started for ZiD plant in Kovrovsk.

2 hours ago, samogon said:

Formally, yes. But in reality, Kalashnikov's lobby is trying to retake this contract. And RPK-16/400 appeared right in time and for a reason.

Just now, Scarish said:

Formally, yes. But in reality, Kalashnikov's lobby is trying to retake this contract. And RPK-16/400 appeared right in time and for a reason.

RPK doesn't meet technical requirements at all, and Kalashnikov is not really interested in police and guard programs. They have enough job with military and foreign buyers.

39 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Closed bolt and no belt feeding? Good luck then.

We will see. Anyway, my sympathies on ZID's side.

Minimi like weapon are past.

1)Intermediate cartrigde isn't enough for modern combat.Increaced ranges and modern body armor makes it's useless.

2)Weight of Minimi is around 7 kilos empty.Weight of PKM - 7.5 kilos empty,PKP - 8.2 kilos empty.But they have far much higher firepower,than Minimi.It could be funny,but we actually create future weapon in 1970s.

3)Some countries looking for replacement of their Minimi.New Zeland and United kingdom looking into 7.62 variant of Minimi,US Marines already exclude Minimi from squads.

Tokar - inspired by Minimi,is an absolutely not needed weapon today.As for RPK-74,well,I saw them in use... very accurate weapon at short bursts.But... honestly,I don't see future for them.

The latest operation of FSB in the Russian republic of Dagestan, Northern Caucasus region. 'Batmobile', robot etc.

Edited by Scarish