Sign in to follow this  
Jagira

Allied Forces

Since the beginning of competitive FPS games, one team would verse another, but what if two teams were allied and would have to compete against another, more powerful team?

The two allied teams would have no squad radio communication and no SL communication too (maybe only commander to commander communication). The allied teams will be completely separate and will only be able to communicate using local. The concept could potentially be implemented through a certain type of game mode maybe called, 'Allied Forces - AAS' or, 'Allied Forces - Insurgency' and lastly, 'Combined Arms - AAS.' The opposing side will of course be much more powerful with more assets than a single team of the allied forces. Think about the possibilities, like British and US Army competing against Russia.

I've always thought this concept to be quite cool, I'm not sure why. Feel free to argue against this idea, I'm sure there are a lot of cons to this.

this is a good idea but the opfor will be underpowered and the squad can't communicate to each other, but if you balance and tweak it maybe it will work

It's a nice concept but I doubt it'd work too well in practice, unless the allied factions were displayed on each others' maps. Some people have enough trouble distinguishing between the enemy and their own team, add in another uniform to check for and it's a recipe for lots of friendly fire.

It is definitely not impossible, and it is an interesting concept.

I won't rule it out, but it is not a planned feature at the moment.