FishMan

2 grenades are fine.

Guys after you added a second grenade to rifleman nothing bad was happend (no grenade spamming i mean).

I guess it's time to add second grenade to every kit that have a grenade (for squad leaders for example).

One is just not enough, especially when you can rearm only at firebases (I have long been talking about it).

I agree, two grenades would definitely help. Bottling up in compounds and just camping the entrances should be punished more heavily, and two grenades would make it easier for assaulters to flush out campers, and prevent the compounds from turning into boring back and forth rushing.

Maybe there would be some more nade spam, but if so I'm sure enough people will complain about it so that the devs know to change it back.

As for the resupply limited to FOBs, I think that makes sense, but the addition of an extra ammo deployable for riflemen (Like in PR) would certainly help. I think that has already been mentioned elsewhere though.

I personally think it's fine as is with the riflemen (who should be the designated pointman anyway) with 2 frags. Maybe giving 2 to the SAW or LMG gunners as well, but other than that it's good as is in my opinion. Proper CQB tactics with teammates will help circumvent the lack of grenades (i.e. checking corners/blind spots etc)... because that is something that actually takes skill.

As powerful as grenades are in this game, I'm perfectly content with Squad Leaders only having one.  They currently hold multiple smoke grenades which further defines their role as a squad support role that relies on the offensive capabilities of other squadmates. Giving them two grenades in addition to their smoke, binoculars, and building capabilities tips the balance a bit.

One thing I never understood, was that there was access to only one grenade for rifleman to stop "Grenade spam" but gave access to 2 grenadiers with god knows how many grenades for his rifle.

Now, even with the addition of extra grenades, I feel a lot less afraid of just getting randomly blown up then I did last balance patch.

I would personally only like to see the rifleman and/or squad leader having two grenades, but then again I'm no military advisor.

It makes the Rifleman kit more useful to be one of the ( if not the only) role to have 2 grenades.

Yes keep it to rifleman,it actually makes me want to play him.

10 mags for rifleman is insane, the devs decided to take a major deviation from PR in that aspect. No more 19 40mms as grenadier.

I think giving 2 grenades to LMGs kits with a "lighter" weapon (RPK-74 or RPK) instead of M249 might be a good idea.

Two nades for rifleman is just perfect. No need for the rest to have two.

There is no nadespam increase because only rifleman has two and few of you play it.

It's not evidence that we can have two for each players and it'll be good.

Two nades for rifleman is just perfect. No need for the rest to have two.

There is no nadespam increase because only rifleman has two and few of you play it.

Number of riflemen has increased since they decreased the special kit count to 3.

So you'll have 3 specials, 2 medics, 1 squad leader and 1 scope (if your squad has a scope). That leaves minimum 2 riflemen per squad, or 3 if there's no scoped rifleman.

A consideration to make here is that this already puts a squad's grenade count at 9 minimum (5*1 + 2*2, counting RPGs as nades), or 14 with a grenadier (4*1 + 2*2 + 1*6). If you were to give everyone two grenades, a squad's grenade count would jump to 14 minimum, or 20 with a grenadier. That's a number that's much more prone to grenade spam, which I do not think would be good for gameplay.

An extra grenade for riflemen is a nice little buff to increase their utility compared to the special weapon kits. I think they should keep it. And perhaps give the squad leader an extra as well. He is a hero, after all. For the other classes, one grenade should be enough.

10 mags for rifleman is insane, the devs decided to take a major deviation from PR in that aspect. No more 19 40mms as grenadier.

I think giving 2 grenades to LMGs kits with a "lighter" weapon (RPK-74 or RPK) instead of M249 might be a good idea.

I like this kit and laughing always when dummy newbie grenadier or RPG-guy died behind a fence or a wall - people do not understand real value of hand grenades and therefore take another kits not for a duty, but for a fun.

Also I don't understand why players save ammo? For what? Very often I'm SL and being on the frontline, I died less then my teammates. Cause I'm not save ammo - It's all for my opponents.

Also I don't understand why players save ammo? For what? Very often I'm SL and being on the frontline, I died less then my teammates. Cause I'm not save ammo - It's all for my opponents.

For me it's not so much saving ammo per se, but I generally only fire when I have a clear shot at someone or when I get fired upon.

And I've been experimenting a little bit with what to do when I get shot. A: return fire full-auto and suppressing them "causing them to duck for cover or miss" (that's the theory, at least). Or B: try to get single fire hits off, actually taking out the source of fire.

In my experience, A has always led to me dying (at medium short range or beyond). Suppressing when already getting shot at is too late. B has sometimes been succesful, though.

Suppressing is mostly valuable with active flankers working with the suppression. Since I usually play with a lot of randoms, I don't often have a solid fireteam to do these things with. My general playstyle is to move in close before engaging, so suppressing enemies at longer ranges isn't very common.

Typical harness have only 4 pounches for 2 mags.So 8 mags total in quick access.Some have even less.So 10 mags loadout is rare.

body%2054.jpg

But yes,2 grenade pounches and 2 smoke grenades will be fine.

Number of riflemen has increased since they decreased the special kit count to 3.

So you'll have 3 specials, 2 medics, 1 squad leader and 1 scope (if your squad has a scope). That leaves minimum 2 riflemen per squad, or 3 if there's no scoped rifleman.

A consideration to make here is that this already puts a squad's grenade count at 9 minimum (5*1 + 2*2, counting RPGs as nades), or 14 with a grenadier (4*1 + 2*2 + 1*6). If you were to give everyone two grenades, a squad's grenade count would jump to 14 minimum, or 20 with a grenadier. That's a number that's much more prone to grenade spam, which I do not think would be good for gameplay.

An extra grenade for riflemen is a nice little buff to increase their utility compared to the special weapon kits. I think they should keep it. And perhaps give the squad leader an extra as well. He is a hero, after all. For the other classes, one grenade should be enough.

Yes.

But I'd argue different for SL.

He needs to lead from middle more than front and should, IMO, be relying on his SQUAD for this. If that makes sense. Typing fast, at work hehe.

Yes.

But I'd argue different for SL.

He needs to lead from middle more than front and should, IMO, be relying on his SQUAD for this. If that makes sense. Typing fast, at work hehe.

He'll also be one of the more experienced players of the squad. When I'm squad leading, I'm usually up front because the guys don't know where to go or when to stop otherwise. Follow the squad leader. Except when breaching, I'll send them in first, but I still breach with them.

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest that medics should have at least one grenade too. I've taken medic more than my fair share of times and really could do with a grenade quite often. Like when all of my squad are down and there are 3 or 4 enemy all congregating patting each other on the back at how well they've done, if I'm the last man standing in the vicinity, a quick nade to shut them up whilst I medic the squad back in would be ideal :P

Smoke does provide great cover obviously but revenge is more satisfying :ph34r: and safer.

On the subject of launchers; Does the M203 now have drop? It didn't before right?

On the subject of launchers; Does the M203 now have drop? It didn't before right?

It did and it still does. Projectiles are much slower than before patch 4.0 though, and less accurate.

In real life (this was in 2003-2004), everyone with a rifle carried 6 magazines in their web gear and one in the weapon at a minimum. People going to a fight that they expected to last a while would carry more, I've seen guys with a Wasatch and 20x M4 magazines on their first line gear, with God knows how many in the pack. Most people did not carry frags, but those who did (infantrymen) would have 4 or 8. For a grenadier, they'd carry about 36 rounds total for the M203 in various types (primarily HEDP and some smoke), 24 in the vest 12 in two cartons in their pack. SAW gunners would carry a small 100 round box in the weapon, 6x100 or 3x200 boxes in their web gear, and usually 3-4x200 boxes in the pack. Throughout the squad, several members would also be carrying extra ammo for the SAW, 240, and 203. I'm a big fan of a lot of demo, because that's how we survive in real life. If we went running into every room that had likely enemy contact, we'd be getting clipped at an unacceptable rate, so using a LOT of explosives is the best method when civilian casualties are not a concern.

As for game balance, I'm not sure what that mix should be. In my Insurgency mods, I have gotten around this with dedicated grenadiers who carry many more explosives, but they need to have a battle buddy with a rifle to watch them while they employ them. Worked well, but totally different dynamic than Squad.

Guys after you added a second grenade to rifleman nothing bad was happend (no grenade spamming i mean).

I guess it's time to add second grenade to every kit that have a grenade (for squad leaders for example).

One is just not enough, especially when you can rearm only at firebases (I have long been talking about it).

I think the idea behind adding the 2nd nade was to give the riflemen something extra considering that they did not have a "special" kit (LMG, rockets/203's etc). The SL isn't suppose to be assaulting compounds.

The SL isn't suppose to be assaulting compounds.

So one grenade will stop someone from assaulting compounds you think?

Where is a causal link?

I think the idea behind adding the 2nd nade was to give the riflemen something extra considering that they did not have a "special" kit (LMG, rockets/203's etc).

Pff who needs a machine gun or an RPG or sniper rifle when you can get one extra grenade... Very clever!

I'm starting to think that a grenade had killed someone's dog. Therefore he hates them. Because it is the only reasonable explanation.

Seriously I do not see what the problem is to add 1 grenade. You can kill me but I would not understand how it hurts the gameplay.

Now, even with the addition of extra grenades, I feel a lot less afraid of just getting randomly blown up then I did last balance patch.

And this is true. The real game expirience show that 99% of the time i get killed by everything but not a hand grenade. Even rocks and cliffs killing me more often than a hand grenade. This problem is exaggerated.

One thing I never understood, was that there was access to only one grenade for rifleman to stop "Grenade spam" but gave access to 2 grenadiers with god knows how many grenades for his rifle.

This dude thinks the same as I.

It would also be nice if the squad leader could carry an RPG and have a medkit plus the two frags.

Yeah, and silenced SAW with a scope and M203, and a shovel. And silenced tactical nukes.