Angry Mexicans

Bullets and Explosions Knocking Players Down? Ragdoll Effect

This kind of already happens with death causing explosions. It will more so with ieds. 

We aren't going to add random ragdoll states for regular explosions for alot of the reasons already discussed here but we are working on meeting you guys half way. ;)

All it needs is the ragdoll system from Red Orchestra 1: Ostfront (UE Game) :) They're the best ragdolls I've seen in a game yet (GTA series excluded). I'll make a video about it.

I'd rather not see a rag doll effect, but it would be cool to see a flinching animation and first person effect when hit in the appropriate areas.  

I'm more in favor of removing stamina or forcing someone to go prone when hit in the leg, for the sake of gameplay over realism.  

We want the player to still feel in control of their character while giving them a fighting chance.

I really, really don't want to see ragdoll physics or forced stance change or being knocked down in this game while you're character is still alive. I understand why you want it, and in some games it's cool, but I don't think Squad will ever be a game that should strive for that level of realism. The reason I liked PR was authenticity in equipment, major usage of communication, and fun if arcade-style gameplay. 

On 7.7.2016 at 11:26 PM, naezro said:

I'd rather not see a rag doll effect, but it would be cool to see a flinching animation and first person effect when hit in the appropriate areas.  

Flinching sounds nice and would be a nice mittleground imho. It would be one more little reason to be more careful and less rambo.