Sign in to follow this  
Garmon

[KANE] Kanium Recruiting [EU/17+]

Kanium is a gaming organization that has been in existence since 2012. Since then we have played and succeeded in several games. From PlanetSide 2 to DayZ.  Since the time of writing this, we have transitioned out of a quiet spiele and have decided to pick up Squad. Thus we are currently working on building an active roster that plays 1-3 organized sessions per week. 

As a group we put focus on organized teamplay and community. We also uphold a general laid back atmosphere outside games. But when playing competetive games we enter "serious mode" with the goal to better ourselves and perform at our best. We also expect the same from our members. 

We are not aiming to become a milsim unit that  uses excessive amounts of "tactical fluff."  But we do want to maintain a decent level of tactical gameplay while playing squad. We also do not believe in large amounts of “drill sessions” or other tedious forms of training. Instead you will learn as you play and In time you will see your own understanding of the game improve.

Kanium Values

Our group values are the defining facets of what makes our group as it is. 

Community: here are many places you can go to to play games and have fun. However, if you’re looking for something higher to tie it all together, that’s where our community comes into play.

Activity: We aren’t in this to gather a roster of players who never play. If you join us, expect to see an active community that chops off the inactive fat on a regular basis.

Teamwork: We want people that enjoy- and focus on working as a team. Teamwork means having the vision and the ability to work together towards a common goal. It is what allows us to direct individual accomplishments and make this the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. But don’t mistake this for being easy. Playing well together is hard.

Dedication: This is critical to Kanium to keep us effective and relevant. A dedicated group will always come out ahead in battles. It means we are always ready and willing to approach new and challenging methods. So long as our members stay dedicated, Kanium will always be relevant.

Loyalty: Loyalty is what help makes the motivation among the members bigger, to achieve the goals of the group, thus increasing the chance we achieve those goals. I feel loyalty can be seen in the history of Kanium by the number of core members who stay or still follow us. Many are unable to find a similar bond or environment elsewhere.

What we look for in recruits

- Good sense of humor.

- Eager to learn and grow as a player.

- Teamwork-oriented mindset.

- Honest and accountable for their actions. (Both good and bad)

- Motivated and dedicated to making the group and our experiences the best they can be.

You might have noticed “skill” does not appear on that list – skill is something that can be taught. But who you are as a person is far more important to us. We look for good people with good attitudes who can add real value to our community. But personalities are things we can't really change neither do we want to bother with that. You can't teach a rat how not to be a rat. 

Finally we only accept players 17 years or older and that play in the EU timezone. 

Kanium info:

Application Board: http://www.kanium.eu/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=96  

Teamspeak: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

Edited by Garmon

Small bump to inform readers that at the moment the Kanium website and forum are being reworked. Hence they look/work like shit atm. 

Hey people, long time member here. The best thing about Kanium (besides the wonderful games we play) is the group of people we have gathered along the way. 

Nothing better than hopping on TS any time of the day and having a chump or 12 to talk shit with!

And by 'good humor' in the recruitment post we mean that we want people to be able to take a joke because jokes will be thrown left and right! 

And sometimes the humor might get a tiiiny bit dark and/or offensive to some faint of heart but I'm mostly to blame for that.

And by 'good humor' in the recruitment post we mean that we want people to be able to take a joke because jokes will be thrown left and right! 

And sometimes the humor might get a tiiiny bit dark and/or offensive to some faint of heart but I'm mostly to blame for that.

In regards to the last line: We are indeed VERY politically incorrect. (But in a good way.) 

A couple guys have popped by the TS when there has been barely anyone online or only some of our older members who aren't interested in Squad 

- if this is the case then please just ask them when one of us Squad folks will be around, I guarantee everyone will help the best they can! :)

Playing again this saturday around 8:00 PM CET. So feel free to hop on for some games.

We're going to start in 10 minutes, feel free to hop in to our TS (info in OP) in the next couple hours to join!

I've been a member of Kanium for about 4 years, and I've never regretted joining, the community is full of awesome people of all different walks of life. In this bleak world this is my refuge, my last bastion of true freedom, it is where I come to play all kinds of games, share my ideas or just to hang out. Recently a good portion of our member base have started playing Squad, me among them, and we're having lots of fun with it.

So, here's my endorsement for this recruitment post, come check us out, see for yourselves how great our community is! We don't bite, much. :)

We have gotten a few new members recently. Also some tough meat grinder games yesterday but closed off nicely. 

Looking forward to meeting our new guys, just came back from a week-long trip around bloody Santa Claus' village

Looking forward to meeting our new guys, just came back from a week-long trip around bloody Santa Claus' village

Yay to walking patrols! Squad again on Sunday evening 7:00 PM.

Some guys will be playing today. Will also be playing on Thursday 7:00 PM. Feel free to join. 

Squad League is definitely a goal for the future. Though that's still a bit off both from the game's end as well as from ours. 

At this point we're looking to grow our numbers with solid guys (or girls) who are looking to stick around long term and really become a part of the community. 

Once we've achieved that, we'll most likely see what we all feel like doing. My own personal preference would be to participate in Squad League.

Rank system wise, I assume you mean within the community itself, if you'll enter and be rank dogshit and then at some point 5 years ahead you'll be promoted to a glorious Finnish Horde leader... no.

Garmon there along with another fellow are the founders of the community and as such are #1 guys and then everyone else can just be themselves. We have a couple guys, myself included at the in-between rank of 'officer' or 'janitor' but that's mostly just so somebody on the Teamspeak has the powah to kick out random people barging in every now and then.

Is it possible to join you guys for few games in the near future to see if we get along before applying to the group?

~Diversitii

Absolutely, anyone is free to hop into our TS at any time and get a feel of the people & play with us. We don't necessarily play every night but Garmon probably posts here if we have a bigger group planning to play, otherwise it's an improvised group of guys of whoever's around at the time every couple days

P.S. Kyllä meillä tonttia yhelle vaunumiehelle on sit ku ajoneuvoja rupee tulee  ;)

Awsome, ill try to spot you guys on ts then!

BMP-2 komentaja ilmoittautuu palvelukseen kodin, uskonnon(tai sen puutteen) ja isänmaan puolesta!

Awsome, ill try to spot you guys on ts then!

BMP-2 komentaja ilmoittautuu palvelukseen kodin, uskonnon(tai sen puutteen) ja isänmaan puolesta!

I like the way you think, just hop in whenever, most likely there's a couple of people on at any time, just ask them when some of us people from this thread are around or get our steam names etc... Or just hang around and make bad jokes, that's cool too