Ludius De Ludos

Mic not working for Squad only

My mike works fine with every other game and app on my PC. The defaults are all set correctly. I only have one device in recording, my mic. Still, nothing. I've tried everything. Reinstalling, and uninstalling everything. Nothing. 

Hey Mate,

could you Check all the other threads about this problem.

There are many suggestions how to fix it. Just use the searchbar.

Hey Mate,

That was the first thing I did. Threads either weren't similar to my problem, or were never solved. 

On 13.2.2016 at 11:28 AM, Jaghammer said:

Hey Mate,

checked all the threads i could find, tried everything, still not working -.-

6 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

checked all the threads i could find, tried everything, still not working -.-

On 2/13/2016 at 9:13 AM, Ludius De Ludos said:

I've tried everything. Reinstalling, and uninstalling everything. Nothing. 

It doesn't work this way, guys. If you really tried literally everything, you would've fixed your problem by this point of time because there is always a solution. And if you really want other people to help you, you have to actually describe what you did exactly, action by action: went to the control panel, checked this checkbox, unchecked that box(screenshot), then I went there and set as default that one device(screenshot) etc.

And it would be nice if you posted your PC specs: what sound card you're using, what windows, version of the drivers, some sound card control panel screenshots etc. More info is better. And you provided none, literally.

I would start from providing screenshots from Windows Control Panel-Sound-Recording Tab, and every single one tab from microphone properties as well, and I'd screenshot everything in my sound card's control panel.

Edited by KulaGGin

16 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

It doesn't work this way, guys. If you really tried literally everything, you would've fixed your problem by this point of time because there is always a solution. And if you really want other people to help you, you have to actually describe what you did exactly, action by action: went to the control panel, checked this checkbox, unchecked that box(screenshot), then I went there and set as default that one device(screenshot) etc.

And it would be nice if you posted your PC specs: what sound card you're using, what windows, version of the drivers, some sound card control panel screenshots etc. More info is better. And you provided none, literally.

I would start from providing screenshots from Windows Control Panel-Sound-Recording Tab, and every single one tab from microphone properties as well, and I'd screenshot everything in my sound card's control panel.

sounds reasonable, however if anything with my mic or the settings was wrong then it would not work in any other game also

but it DOES work everywhere else, just not in SQUAD. you can't tell me that there is a special setting in windows control pannel that's only affiliated with SQUAD...

2 hours ago, FIXXXER said:

but it DOES work everywhere else, just not in SQUAD. you can't tell me that there is a special setting in windows control pannel that's only affiliated with SQUAD...

I can. And usually there is a special settings which conflict with some specific program and works perfectly in all other programs. And you can apply that to any kind of setting and program.

The only issue I have found with mic communication in my time playing squad (started way before it was on steam) was not having the mic as the default device.  That and a few updates ago my friend with AMD had trouble talking in the game (caused performance issues), but those has since been resolved.  

It would be great if someone would look into this. I am one that has done everthing that has been mentioned for my mic to work on this game with no solution. My  mic is used daily with other games and programs and works flawlessly but not Squad it appears to work but nobody ever hears me when i key up. I can hear everyone else in my squad be they never hear me when i key the B squad voip button. I hope someone will look into this, i love the game but it blows i cannot talk with my teammates!

I have a USB mic as my main mic and this works perfectly in everything except squad, as described. To try to resolve this issue, as it is one I also had in PRBF2, but that's the only other time I have had a problem, I bought a cheap mic that connects into the 3.5mm mic hole in my computer. While this microphone does work, because the microphone is a long distance away from me, and near my very loud computer, it often is still intelligible. As this mic works, but my USB one does not, it must be a problem with the game and not my system, as both mics work in every other programme as well.