Z-trooper

Squad League

43 minutes ago, RaTzo said:

The Squad League guys know I love em. Got some suggestions. 

1. Split screen streaming with FPS view and overwatch view would be awesome. 

2. Expert commentary during the match. Perhaps leaders from other teams, but I would prefer people from the team that we're watching at the moment. As we watch the battle and the Squad League announcers are talking about how exciting it is the team expert could be telling the audience what the SL is thinking at that moment. Potential problems with the approach being taken. Issues & challenges with whatever objective or mission we're watching. I think that would be engaging and would be helpful to the community. There's a lot of knowledge out there and the more everyone learns the better the game play is going to be all over Squad-dom. 

3. One thing that is vitally important to competitive Squad play is balancing how tickets are lost. Right now the game is too heavily weighted to kills and that has made many of the matches more like Team Deathmatch than objective play. I know this has been talked about but it really is foundational to the success of the endeavour.  Kills should hamper the enemy's (OK Forum Admin WTF is with hyphenated words?  I've typed that thing 4 times. Enemy's. is what I was trying to write.) ability to take & hold objectives it shouldn't be the primary reason a team wins or looses. 

Hey RaTzo!

A few of us have been involved with the commentary in games. I have been brought in as a collaborator with Squad League to give commentary on games, and DocEast is now part of the SL staff to give deeper game insight during game. 

Doc and I work together to help give a more tactical look into games. Example below

On your third point, the game has been changed in v4 and now the Cap point capture and bleed far outweighs the kills. The TDM aspect we had experienced in the previous build has now gone. There are often games where the team with the less kills still gets the win due to playing the objective.

Oh, and welcome back :-D

On segunda-feira, 14 de março de 2016 at 2:24 PM, S0NNy said:

it would be funny/nice to implement First Person View on soldiers to the whole watch/streaming system we got now.. then the admins/streamer can watch the game from all perspectives... tacticalwise but also "skillwise"

please implement both first person and third person view... I used to play Quake back in the day, and it had both views avaliable for spectators, it was fantastic!

8 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

please implement both first person and third person view... I used to play Quake back in the day, and it had both views avaliable for spectators, it was fantastic!

This will come from the devs. As they need to implement the ability to follow a players view through admin function.

7 hours ago, BLITZA said:

Oh, and welcome back :-D

Thanks! 

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know the tickets are working right now. I've got so little time playing all winter that I hardly know anything. 

On 3/18/2016 at 10:12 AM, RaTzo said:

The Squad League guys know I love em. Got some suggestions. 

1. Split screen streaming with FPS view and overwatch view would be awesome. 

2. Expert commentary during the match. Perhaps leaders from other teams, but I would prefer people from the team that we're watching at the moment. As we watch the battle and the Squad League announcers are talking about how exciting it is the team expert could be telling the audience what the SL is thinking at that moment. Potential problems with the approach being taken. Issues & challenges with whatever objective or mission we're watching. I think that would be engaging and would be helpful to the community. There's a lot of knowledge out there and the more everyone learns the better the game play is going to be all over Squad-dom. 

3. One thing that is vitally important to competitive Squad play is balancing how tickets are lost. Right now the game is too heavily weighted to kills and that has made many of the matches more like Team Deathmatch than objective play. I know this has been talked about but it really is foundational to the success of the endeavour.  Kills should hamper the enemy's (OK Forum Admin WTF is with hyphenated words?  I've typed that thing 4 times. Enemy's. is what I was trying to write.) ability to take & hold objectives it shouldn't be the primary reason a team wins or looses. 

Thanks @BLITZA for the response to Ratzo.

Ratzo, we always appreciate feedback brother. :D  Here's some thoughts from us to your comments:

1)  This would be definitely awesome.  Know that this is something we're working on behind the scenes, can't go into too much detail..........but rest assured we might have a couple aces up our sleeves.  :D

2)  We've begun bringing on others to accomplish this.  DocEast and BLITZA being the first.  We def want more but also need to make sure we have a process in place to kind of audition for it (Doc and BLITZA were easy because we played with them so many times previously and ran a couple test rounds with them).  But trust us, having those experts that have been in these matches is paramount.  We likely won't allow commentators to host their own matches though, we want to be careful with objectivity.

3)  As BLITZA said, this is already going to the processes of being fixed.  By no means is it finalized, but the devs are actively watching our matches to determine proper calibration.  

There's tons of things in the works right now by us and the devs to make the whole thing better.  I've got pages and pages of things we'd like to see the devs are fully aware of.  Just have to keep chipping away it it.  :D

As always, thanks brokowski! :D

EDIT:  Meant to add that the devs are also hopping on board @RaTzo.  We've had @Z-trooper several times and soon hope to host Taxi, Odin, Sgt_Ross and others we they have the time.  They'll def bring another perspective the matches as well.  :D

On March 19, 2016 at 3:41 PM, DrBigMoney said:

---awesome stuff----

Thanks DBM. I've been a bit out of the loop. Wanted to watch the match today so bad. Been at a conference all weekend, will be back at it tomorrow. Logged in for a bit today to see if I could catch it but I was too early. 

Glad you guys are on top of everything. This concept really can do a lot for the game and community. I watched a portion of the video @BLITZA posted, haven't seen all of it yet but yes that is going in the right direction. 

Glad you are going to keep tight control of who hosts. I encourage you to foster your hosts as celebrities. Almost war reporters. We should be watching SL instead of some random twitch channel playing Squad because of the character and style of the hosts. I don't watch a lot of sports, but when I do I like hosts who I either completely agree with or who drive me crazy with how wrong they are. I like to cheer at them and get mad at them just as much. 

The experts who sit in should be like a guest on a talk show. The spice that gets us excited about THIS week, but the host is the one that keeps us coming back to your show. 

Glad the devs are continuing to watch how things work out. The good thing is we're seeing Squad played at the highest level currently available so we're getting the real deal as much as is possible in this early state. They will also see how the game changes as things are implemented and we'll be able to have objective discussions about things because we can all just watch the video. 

Hopefully you're encouraged by my comments, whether they are suggestions or even things I may not like (in the future). Always have the intent to encourage you guys on to more and better things. 

Edited by RaTzo

@DrBigMoney 

Just finished watching the vid @BLITZAlinked. Oh man so much goodies coming!!! 

Noob Night (not Nude Night) sounds like something that @Z-trooperand the rest of OWI needs to get behind. This should be something we do as a community, somehow, often. Maybe call it "Mentor Night" or something. Nights when a group of the best SLs and Medics and whatever more detailed classes come in the future (pilots..) agree to be mentors to whoever comes in. It is a win/win because we'd identify new players for our clans and new players would learn in real situations from the best. I cannot express how exciting I think this concept is. 

Great things ahead guys. 

EDIT: I mean I watched the match and the after party. Lots of great info in the after party. 

Edited by RaTzo

3 hours ago, RaTzo said:

@DrBigMoney 

Just finished watching the vid @BLITZAlinked. Oh man so much goodies coming!!! 

Check this post out too!  :D This shows a lot what we're hoping to see at some point when it comes to the coverage/competition side of Squad.  I think we'll get there at some point.  

http://squadleague.com/t/squad-league-design-doc-abbreviated/466

I think after the tournament we'll kick up the o'l "Nude Nights" for everyone.  Right @Rusty?  :D  Noob nights though will def be an important endeavor to host for the greater community.

I'm such an impatient person.......so the long walk towards being "top notch" is hard to handle sometimes. lmao :D

@DrBigMoney @BLITZA @Rusty @DocEast you guys are rock'n it. I've been letting the YouTube videos play as I work and I'm able to follow the match & get caught up in the drama even without watching. You've really upped your game. Go HSG Elite on that second round by the way!

Everyone needs to check them out. 

Keep thinking about how different it is to see the map from the top down compared to through your weapon's optics. 

I love my clan... unfortunately it's been a very hard sell to get more people moved over from BF4 into squad - to the point that participating in a SL event is a distant dream. Which is unfortunate, because from the matches I've watched, it looks like an absolute blast.

Yea it's hard to get dedicated players for a NA clan especially when my clan was founded in AU xD really doesn't help i have enough players for a NA clan of ZSU but of course no one is dedicated so I get to stay outta squad league due to this. If any NA clan's looking for a dedicated non-working player hit me up cause i'm tired of trying and nobody else putting the same effort in. 

Preferred class is usually medic but if not I have a skill with GL.

Hit me up on steam [ZSU] nicksxbox07

See ya on the field!

Like Ferrari, there would be no Formula 1, and without Formula 1 there would be no Ferrari. Squad League will take this game to the next level. This game will push Squad League to evolve. It will only get better as the game develops.

I can only imagine how much vehicles will change Squad League!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk