SQUAD Live Chat Room (IRC)

Meet developers and other squad enthusiasts in the SQUAD IRC channel. Join us at #joinsquad @ QuakeNet!

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a chatroom. You can join the channel to interact with the SQUAD community live. You can ask questions or answer them, ramble about the possibilities of SQUAD and what the first thing you are going to do in game will be.
With a bit of luck you may even catch one of the SQUAD developers and get them to share some unpublished content.

Please keep in mind that IRC is an idle chat, so be patient and don’t expect instant replies.

You can either use the webchat (link) to or an IRC client from this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_Relay_Chat_clients

We are looking for active IRC users who are present in the chat room and are willing to answer questions as much as they can.

Here is some common irc clients to check around, doesn't really matter which you use, they all allow you to talk on the server and have same kind of features, its more about which you prefer. If you want something to tinker around with and have a server, I recommend checking out Irssi.

Whatever client you use, remember to check the settings for highlights and add your name there so you get a notice if your name is mentioned on the chat.

•  

Clients:
Xchat - Xchat is other great IRC client that is completely free to use.
Hexchat is based on Xchat source, but has more recent update. -Recommended-
mIrc - Very feature rich and simple to use, but after 30 days the free version has a launch timer you have to wait.
Icechat - Newer client, with updates done this year, free to use.
Smuxi - This is also newer IRC client, does not have that many features as of yet and the project is aiming to work like Irssi, but you can run it without the server side as standalone client.

•  

Server clients:
Some clients run on a server at all times, you can then "open" this with either a frontend-client or by connecting the server with SSH and running it in text mode. Allows you to idle around and keep up with the discussions all the time without needing to have your own computer running 24/7. Also almost all devices support SSH, so you can connect to them from anywhere with internet connection.

Irssi - This is the more common one, requires a bit of tinkering and Linux knowledge to run, has great amounts of addons, works with text frontend over SSH.
Smuxi - Smuxi is like Irssi that it can be ran as server to which you can connect with a frontend, unlike Irssi its primary frontend is grapichal and modern, the text frontend is in test phase.

•  

If you are planning to stay around more, its recommended you register on the server and authenticate yourself each time you connect. You can do this even if you only use the webchat. NOTE: You must register if you want any rights on channels to stick after disconnection or reconnection.
How to register an account
How to authenticate

Credits to Ragegar

cheers,
Curry.

Morbo513   

If you're going to use IRC, don't use it as a platform to spout racist slurs and other such nonsense, it doesn't impress anyone.

There's actually already a Mumble server, we used it for Golden Dog Tag event.

That is our development server, that is NOT to be shared publicly.

Until the time when there is a dedicated TS/mumble for random chat, you guys can feel free to use the DRK one, IP is: Drakelings.co

The guys in there are all pretty fun and tactical, so you may like it there :) I'll make a Squad room for you to enjoy now! :) 

I think IRC is great, we have had some great discussion and I've met some great community members. Really brings back fond memories of my early gaming days where that's the only way communities could interact in real time!

And slap each other with fishbots, over, and over, and over again.

This. Though I still haven't bloody figured out how to do it yet.

Murkey   

This. Though I still haven't bloody figured out how to do it yet.

Mike love those fish! Kidding I think you just right click someone's name, then select slap or something similar.

*Murkey slaps kidding with a fish on his bot*

Cheers, Murkey. 

Mike love those fish! Kidding I think you just right click someone's name, then select slap or something similar.

*Murkey slaps kidding with a fish on his bot*

Cheers, Murkey.

You've created a monster, and none shall be safe of its fishbot wrath.