Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

Programs to record squad?

I've tried Bandicam, FRAPS, ShadowPlay, and even the built-in windows 10 recorder and nothing works with squad. 

Am I just missing something? I'd really love to record some gameplay.

It simply will not give me an option to record it. It's like my computer doesn't recognize that Squad is a video game

It simply will not give me an option to record it. It's like my computer doesn't recognize that Squad is a video game

Just press alt+F9 ingame, then press it again and check your capturing folder.

allow Shadowplay to record desktop instead of game in order for it to work.

Was about to suggest this. SHOULD solve your problem.

I love Shadowplay, it's caught so many things that I would never have otherwise recorded.

Shadowplay works fine, I've noticed that I have to put the game in Borderless, and allow Shadowplay to record desktop instead of game in order for it to work.

Yep, sure enough!

Thanks a lot

Since it doesn't recognize it as a game, could this maybe be why lag happens because it's going off of desktop..?

No, the game is in it's Alpha stages which means performance will fluctuate from version to version but at the moment it seems pretty well optimized for me

I found shadowplay didn't work for me in borderless, but as soon as I went back to fullscreen it works great, no problems at all recording. Hope you sort it out.

OBS.... you may have to watch a tutorial on youtube to figure it out though.  its not complicated but it may be necessary.