Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,191 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

On 7/22/2017 at 1:15 AM, kaykay said:

What? Turkey doesn't fight Kurdish Peshmerga, in fact, Turkey has a base over there and trains them as well as in the past, they made a huge OP against the PKK together. 

forgive me for confusing one of the countless kurd factions with another

On 7/25/2017 at 0:50 AM, 40mmrain said:

forgive me for confusing one of the countless kurd factions with another

I think given the no. of German/British/Turkish and French clans and servers those would be good to add.

On 31/07/2017 at 11:27 AM, embecmom said:

I think given the no. of German/British/Turkish and French clans and servers those would be good to add.

Good idea, makes sense

I'm thinking that they should add Cuban military/Cuban rebels (idk what they are called). Possibly adding a new environment to play in because of where those 2 factions fight (instead of the desert/forest, maybe jungle-ish. I'm way off topic though). 

Certainly current events would put the Norks at the top of the list for the next faction after the Brits. That said, I was always curious why the US faces off against the Russian's in so many maps in Squad when it has no basis in reality? I mean in the context of the small brushfire engagements that Squad simulates US vs. INS or Russia vs. Militia always made sense however a platoon vs. platoon sized engagement seems illogical between two superpowers. Seems like INS vs. Militia would even make more sense...

53 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Certainly current events would put the Norks at the top of the list for the next faction after the Brits. That said, I was always curious why the US faces off against the Russian's in so many maps in Squad when it has no basis in reality? I mean in the context of the small brushfire engagements that Squad simulates US vs. INS or Russia vs. Militia always made sense however a platoon vs. platoon sized engagement seems illogical between two superpowers. Seems like INS vs. Militia would even make more sense...

The game isn't really trying for realism in that regard. The reason US vs Russia is because the difference in equipment and doctrine makes it interesting,.

At least that's the way I see it.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

INS vs Militia would be less interesting than other matchups since both factions are mostly mirrored, but would indeed be kinda-realistic and add welcome variety to gameplay.

Factions to Play As - Syrian Islamic Resistance & The Arab National Guard

Syrian Islamic Resistance - 

Arab National Guard - 

Mostly i want to see the Turkish army (not fair to ignore second powerfull army of the NATO, also there is good amount of turks in the game), also u can add Germans, French and Brits too bcs this is the countries where most of the community members are from i think, u can add one official middle eastern army too like Iraqi, Iranian or Pakistani army + one more insurgent faction of Africans or Middle Eastern again or both is better :)

Some private military/contractor/shady mercenary outfit would be interesting. Perhaps better suited for a mod though.

Posted (edited)

People's Liberation Army

Syrian Arab Army

Australian Army

United States Marine Corps

German Army

Islamic Republic of Iran Army

Blackwater PMC

Peshmerga

United Nations Peacekeepers

Fictitious Central African Insurgency

Fictitious South-East Asian Insurgency

Edited by Rule.303

I just want a western force that has good woodland camo because the OCPs the army has do not work well on forest maps

On 23.7.2017 at 3:52 PM, CptDirty said:

Give me my IDF!!!

I really like the IDF in PR with the TAR rifle and the Merkava tank :3

Posted (edited)

I'd personally love a central/eastern African Insurgent faction such as a Somalian branch of ISIL or something like Boko Haram, with rusty Chinese Type 56 AKs, some surplus Romanian AKs, PKM clones, Old Technicals and such

Edited by Draco

On 31/08/2017 at 4:20 PM, Draco said:

I'd personally love a central/eastern African Insurgent faction such as a Somalian branch of ISIL or something like Boko Haram, with rusty Chinese Type 56 AKs, some surplus Romanian AKs, PKM clones, Old Technicals and such

Me too !

As we have eastern conflict (militia vs Ru) and middle east part (Us vs insurged), we miss the african situation. I want to see african rebels vs the french army

España's Erejicto de Tierra; Spanish land force.

Ideal for Squad, since Spain has alot of mountain and hill regions it's inventory for the 'greater' part exists out of agile mobility vehicles LMV's - lots of different variants of 6x6 APCs - 8x8 Tankdestroyers - Mraps -Scout vehices - Leopard E2 tanks.

Edited by -MG