Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,149 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

1,304 posts in this topic

1.African Resistance Forces

2.ISIS (or Syrian rebels FSA)

3. Syrian Government Forces(SAA)

4. Iraqi Forces

i would like to see Norway as a faction and have them fight against insurgents and russians. the reason for this is that norway is bordering to russia and they are actively participating in International Operations. Norway is also apart of NATO.

China, Iran, USMC

I really like India too. They're not too close with NATO, nor are they completely in bed with any eastern powers.

3rd largest army in the world, they're as uniform as your average conventional force, but still maintain diverse equipment of eastern, western, and domestic origins.

650ar.jpg

North Korea would be a nice faction to add to all this. Chinese military would also be a cool addition. Either way, I think there needs to be some Asian army in the mix.

Europe: Germany (yes, MG3, Pzh2000...) and France as one of the larger EU countries with sizeable armies.
Out of the smaller (size or defense wise) European countries: Belgium/Netherlands, one or more of the Scandinavian nations, one or more from Eastern Europe: Poland and Czech Republic (lots of cool hardware) would be favorites, maybe the Baltic states. 

Commonwealth: Canada, Anzac.

Asia: South Korea, Japan. (although this would mean a far wider scope/theater)
Wildcard: Chile

a Philippines guerrillas against the Philippines army would be cool and a new environment :)

I would love to see Turkey, because they are one of the strongest in the Middle-East. And the second strongest in the NATO. So with their new weapons going on it would have some nice competition against USA and Russia. MPT-76, MPT-55, BORA 12, Canik TP9, and many more weapons. I hope you guys will look after this. 

On 18.4.2017 at 6:00 PM, Field-testedCondom said:

so yea I'm late to the party but SAS would be dope with some kind of European urban cqb to medium range combat zone.sas__mwremastered__by_angryrabbitgmod-da

It's about factions, not special forces.

Here's my list

1. PLA - Almost entirely unique assets, plausible opponent to pretty much any faction, in almost any location.

2. Bundeswehr - Unique, advanced, and interesting assets. Plausible opponent to most other factions, and many locations.

3. French Army and African Insurgents - French Army is similar to Bund, though a bit less modernized, but African missions would be really cool. A generic African faction (just the current insurgents with african player models), would suffice for conflicts like Mali that France fights in.

4. Daesh vs. Golden Division - Probably the most important current armed conflict taking place in the world, both sides use some interesting stuff. Daesh is full of captured US army surplus stuff like M249s and Mk 14s, and appears to field both VBIEDs, and T-72s (or at least T-55s). Golden Division has access to some cool stuff like Mi-35, M1A1, and appears to be very based around well armoured light transports like MRAPs and up-armoured-humvees. Weird conflict that could produce some really intense urban and fairly unique things things like MBTs and VBIEDs working together, big MRAP convoys, Hind vs. ZPU technical warfare.

5. ROK vs. DPRK - DPRK is a little redundant with the Russias and PLA, they pretty much just use old Soviet and Chinese stuff. Plus the ROK would pretty much only ever be fighting the DPRK or PLA, so not a ton of variety in enemies there. This being said, it's a conflict that's never been touched in a video game, and also, the ROK army has some sweet equipment, like the K2 and K11.

6. Turkey vs. Kurdish Peshmerga - The amount of butthurt it would create would thrust Squad into the mainstream faster than literally anything else and be hilarious

7. Pakistan vs. India - See above.

8. Canadian Forces - Okay not actually that interesting, basically just US forces without Gunships, but I have a love affair with the LAV-3 and Coyote, which have both been considerably upgraded recently to the LAV-6 variant.

Edited by 40mmrain

I would love to see Turkey, because ......the second strongest in the NATO.

What ??

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (4) mit Tapatalk

I would like to see UK and China

and if we are adding something special i like to see Belgium. oek they dont have a great army... but they are masters at milatery equipment. they are the second large export in weopens for milatery purpose, soo pls look it to that 

I'd like to see factions with unique weapons and vehicles, and that are massively deployed on war theater : GB and France ! And China to add more Opfor

french foreign legion would be nice.

personal wish: 

serbian army vs UCK (the paramilitary formation formed on territory of the the serbian province of kosovo), which would require a new map

Edited by Hpt_Skelturoth

Canadian Forces

Mexican Factions (Fighting Cartel)

British Army

Armée Français

Belgian Land Components

Bundeswehr

Bundesheer

Polish Ground Forces

Ukrainian Ground Forces

Australian Army

Israeli Defence Forces

Philippine Army (Fighting Abu Sayyaf)

Turkish Land Forces

People's Liberation Army (China)

Iranian Armed Forces

Ba'ath Army (Iraq, Syria, Libya)

Kurdish Insurgents (PKK, YPG, SDF)

Narco Cartels (Fighting Mexican Army)

African Insurgents

I think having an African insurgent faction (and Africa based map) would be pretty sweet. Who doesnt want to play some legit Black Hawk down?

France/Germany will be a good addition in my opinion (but especially France xD )

On 6/9/2017 at 5:51 AM, 40mmrain said:

Here's my list

1. PLA - Almost entirely unique assets, plausible opponent to pretty much any faction, in almost any location.

2. Bundeswehr - Unique, advanced, and interesting assets. Plausible opponent to most other factions, and many locations.

3. French Army and African Insurgents - French Army is similar to Bund, though a bit less modernized, but African missions would be really cool. A generic African faction (just the current insurgents with african player models), would suffice for conflicts like Mali that France fights in.

4. Daesh vs. Golden Division - Probably the most important current armed conflict taking place in the world, both sides use some interesting stuff. Daesh is full of captured US army surplus stuff like M249s and Mk 14s, and appears to field both VBIEDs, and T-72s (or at least T-55s). Golden Division has access to some cool stuff like Mi-35, M1A1, and appears to be very based around well armoured light transports like MRAPs and up-armoured-humvees. Weird conflict that could produce some really intense urban and fairly unique things things like MBTs and VBIEDs working together, big MRAP convoys, Hind vs. ZPU technical warfare.

5. ROK vs. DPRK - DPRK is a little redundant with the Russias and PLA, they pretty much just use old Soviet and Chinese stuff. Plus the ROK would pretty much only ever be fighting the DPRK or PLA, so not a ton of variety in enemies there. This being said, it's a conflict that's never been touched in a video game, and also, the ROK army has some sweet equipment, like the K2 and K11.

6. Turkey vs. Kurdish Peshmerga - The amount of butthurt it would create would thrust Squad into the mainstream faster than literally anything else and be hilarious

7. Pakistan vs. India - See above.

8. Canadian Forces - Okay not actually that interesting, basically just US forces without Gunships, but I have a love affair with the LAV-3 and Coyote, which have both been considerably upgraded recently to the LAV-6 variant.

All great suggestions, seconded. Methinks the devs don't want to use actual terrorist orgs because it's one thing to play as a generic insurgent and another as a member of a known terrorist organization. Otherwise, many maps could be easily redone with giving insurgents Chechen flags for example, or Afgahan mujaheddin, or DPR chevrons, and giving Russian army the chevrons of Ukrainian army or USSR