Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,231 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

On 8.2.2017 at 5:07 AM, lastpuritan said:

Well, it's been long time since I requested PKK (kurdish guerilla) and Turkey to be added to the game. It's not that I have turkish origin, but I also want any other forces, such as France, to be added. It's not because I think those are cool things, but they're in REAL FIGHT. 

I totally understand British pick, since it's something like AMERICAN, almost! and sure there will be China later on, because they're the second powerful possible enemy of West, but hey, let's have a look ON REAL WARS people have been fighting for years on battlegrounds! 

It's like all game developers would ignore whole WW2 if US or GB haven't involved in it. There's a HISTORY is being written NOW in Syria.

How long will it take people to understand this will be our ERA's greatest war, instead of an imaginary Chinese War for example? 
I mean, in Squad there's an Islamist faction looks like Taliban, which is completely destroyed and nobody is even excited to kill them anymore in game, I believe? But there's ISIS! People would love to kill em. I understand concerns so you may not use their banner, but at least change uniforms for Taliban come on.

And the KURDS, screw taliban or isis, these guys are the most powerful milita on earth after african ones, they are capable of taking down Syrian or Iraqi countries if they wanted to. They're in fight against Turks for decades, they have their own dresscode ETC. How long will you guys keep rejecting, ignoring their fight? I am pretty sure it will sell. 

As for France and the Turks, unlike most of the EU countries who think bombing some of the Syrian soil is FIGHT (lmao) these two actively operates with ground forces and capable of producing their own arsenal! France in Africa, and Libya. Turkey in Syria, against Kurds and ISIS.

These 2 nations are the NATO countries who keep fighting and fighting everyday, without media coverage, -because they're not SUPERB worldpowerz! - and deserve to be honored. I want FAMAS, and Turkish MPT 76 in game so bad! Turkey and France are the two nations famous with their war history since the beginning of time, as well as BR! 

Can we at least get a decent reality check for these 3, devs? We should honor who's been fighting, not Chinese for doing nothing but marching with angry looks!

A turkish community is already working on this project officielly. The Turkish Armed Forces will fight against Millita or against Terrorist. So they dont plan to rename "Millita" or "Terrorist" to DEAS or PKK.

Edited by Asus53

I just want to have the main PR factions back together again. 

US

Russia 

Britain

China

MEC or some modernized middle east faction

After that it doesn't really matter to me. Playing as Germany and France were always fun. IDF vs Hamas was pretty cool too. While it would be cool to see Canada (my country) most of our vehicles seem to come from Germany or the US, so a CAF faction would mostly just be cosmetic rather than adding interesting new equipment to the game. 

We don't need MEC or any other alt reality creation to have a fully functional Arab military with APCs, uniforms, et al. There are almost two dozen. Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and many more would do just fine. The whole Arab world isn't some lawless wasteland ruled by warlords like Somalia.

Kind of disagree that no MEC is needed, to me the point always was to have a opposing faction able to face the US (or any other NATO force)as an equal equipment and training wise.

You have to make up a fantasy army to do that (or use the russians).

Otherwise we´ll end up with 10 Bluforce vs the Russian and irregular scrubs.

Edited by MEC-Gyver
was unclear

Another advantage of MEC is that we already have desert assets and MEC would mostly be using russian equipment. If you were to get another OPFOR faction, china for example, you'd have to create asian environments for that case, unless you send the PLA into african scenarios.

Hamas or Taliban is out of question, so there really is not that much choice for another opfor faction, maybe african rebels?

Edited by Niklasgunner

7 hours ago, MEC-Gyver said:

Kind of disagree that no MEC is needed, to me the point always was to have a opposing faction able to face the US (or any other NATO force)as an equal equipment and training wise.

You have to make up a fantasy army to do that (or use the russians).

It's not an RTS. Look at what's actually in the game: infantry with rifles that have optics, medics, LMGs, marksmen, etc. + trucks and APCs. Almost every country on earth can serve as an equal to the US and Russia in this game because of the limited scope.  Because the country might lack an air superiority fighter that can handle an F-22 is completely irrelevant to this game.

On 08/02/2017 at 5:07 AM, lastpuritan said:

Well, it's been long time since I requested PKK (kurdish guerilla) and Turkey to be added to the game. It's not that I have turkish origin, but I also want any other forces, such as France, to be added. It's not because I think those are cool things, but they're in REAL FIGHT. 

I totally understand British pick, since it's something like AMERICAN, almost! and sure there will be China later on, because they're the second powerful possible enemy of West, but hey, let's have a look ON REAL WARS people have been fighting for years on battlegrounds! 

It's like all game developers would ignore whole WW2 if US or GB haven't involved in it. There's a HISTORY is being written NOW in Syria.

How long will it take people to understand this will be our ERA's greatest war, instead of an imaginary Chinese War for example? 
I mean, in Squad there's an Islamist faction looks like Taliban, which is completely destroyed and nobody is even excited to kill them anymore in game, I believe? But there's ISIS! People would love to kill em. I understand concerns so you may not use their banner, but at least change uniforms for Taliban come on.

And the KURDS, screw taliban or isis, these guys are the most powerful milita on earth after african ones, they are capable of taking down Syrian or Iraqi countries if they wanted to. They're in fight against Turks for decades, they have their own dresscode ETC. How long will you guys keep rejecting, ignoring their fight? I am pretty sure it will sell. 

As for France and the Turks, unlike most of the EU countries who think bombing some of the Syrian soil is FIGHT (lmao) these two actively operates with ground forces and capable of producing their own arsenal! France in Africa, and Libya. Turkey in Syria, against Kurds and ISIS.

These 2 nations are the NATO countries who keep fighting and fighting everyday, without media coverage, -because they're not SUPERB worldpowerz! - and deserve to be honored. I want FAMAS, and Turkish MPT 76 in game so bad! Turkey and France are the two nations famous with their war history since the beginning of time, as well as BR! 

Can we at least get a decent reality check for these 3, devs? We should honor who's been fighting, not Chinese for doing nothing but marching with angry looks!

Oh my... I call it raping your mind xD

I totally agree with you, old obsoletes Talibans should be replaced by ISIS new ones, and a conflict in Turkey opposing Kurdish and Turks would be awesome and realistic ; for MEC, I don't know if it would be a good idea, but you would have Saudi Arabia or Egypt to take instead of.

For me, I would like to see more assymetric conflict, insurgent vs NATO/Russian or even ISRAEL ! I completely forgot them, but the actual biggest conflict and hot point in the world since WWII is Israel/Palestinian zone, and making a game about modern conflict without them would be just stupid...

Also, I disagree about China faction being a non-sense : for now, it's just a cold war, both China and Japan (also many other countries) are just screaming around a table, but when all promised features in SQUAD will be given, it would be interesting to make a few maps in Pacific showing potential conflict between Japan/US and China or even North Korea.

Edited by Korosif

figure i should update with factions i want added to game with reasons why it hink they are viable because im bored. 

Turkey - for several reasons a big one is an easy implementation. turkey until recently has a lot of older weapons most of them are already in game they still use alot of things such as m35 cargo truck aks (out the ass) m16 and m4s the works. they also use a lot of soviet and American vehicles. but where it gets more interesting is that they recently starting creating their own fire arms. which means to pile of weapons we already have they also have a few unique weapons to diferentiate them. also they are far more interesting than an MEC facton because they are real and basically fill the same roll they got everything. 

Germany - if im honest Germany is loaded as a military (from a faction creation standpoint.) with their own everything from rifles just got hk416, mg3 (for other factions) mg4 and mg5 (aka hk121) to the famous leopard tanks which well many factions around world use and is famous to bring in new people to the game on its own potentially. not to mention they have their own attack helicopter and nh90 a nice alternative to blackhawk.

US Marines - while they are still the us military i think they are different enough from army to make for an interesting faction. they have offer a different take on us military with (13 man squads) and an interesting variety of weapons such as m32 gl, m27IAR and potentially though a stretch m16. they also have their own unique attack helicopter the bell AH-1Z recently being upgraded to z variant. 

China - they should be obvious but not only could you put them at odds with Russia but also against NATO factions. they have their own unique weapons that look foreign to everything else in any factions mentioned above or in game.  they been building their military with more high tech gear in last 20 years giving the devs plenty of weapons and vehicles to use to draw from. the hardest part about china is they are not in any of regions we currently have in game and their enviorment is quite unqiue so it would be a project. 

Israel - now they may be "contriversial" but they are major players in middle east giving another faction to add into mosh pot in middle eastern themed maps. they once took whatever weapons they could get their hands meaning they have had and still do alot of vehicles and weapons from Russia the USA or where ever they could get them they also have quite collection of unique weapons that is far more mature than turkey which is just starting in the arms race. not to mention most stuff they have is highly upgraded and modded so even if its already in game it will look and often function very different than the stuff of other faction even if technically its same thing. 

On 2/15/2017 at 3:55 AM, WiFiDi said:

Israel - now they may be "contriversial"

I'm not addressing this toward you, but frankly anyone that thinks Israel shouldn't be in a game isn't being fair and is probably a, well, you know.  There are Nazis in a thousand games and terrorists in this one already. And more to the point, there are also already two nation states with highly questionable track records of conduct of war and run-ins with international law in Squad. There's no reason anyone should think twice about Israel being in this or any other game.

Belgian Forces, lets have some FN love.

Sidearm - FN Five seven

Submachine gun - FN P-90  Used by vehicle crews

Assault rifles - FN F2000  Used in limited quantites.  Could be a nice SL perk.

- FN SCAR-L Standard rifle, replacing the FN FNC

Marksman rifle - FN SCAR-H PR

Automatic rifleman - FN Minimi MK3 Tactical SB   5.56mm LMG

-FN Minimi   7.62mm LMG

Grenade launchers - GL-1 mounted to F2000

- FN40GL mounted to Scar rifles

Anti tank - M72 LAW

- Panzerfaust 3

AFV - Piranha IIIC  Various versions could be comparable to BTRs

-ATF Dingo counter to Crows?

Unarmoured transports

-UNIMOG  Because who doesn't love them some Unimog.  Seems retty rare but c'mon, its a Unimog!

-Iveco M250 transport

I think Belgian would give us a nice set of FN weapons with some nice changes to existing grear.

My second choice would be Austria, but just for the different versions of the Steyr AUG.

1) Iraq, not much work, because Hummves, M4 and so on are already in the game.

2) IDF (but I'm not sure if this is politically acceptable)

3) Bundeswehr, because its a important Nation at conflicts like Mali or ISAF

We need another powerful Opfor faction that can go toe-to-toe with the US/Russia/British soon. US are too dominant.

So... Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)

Great to hear the Turkish community is working on a mod which might include the PKK. The YPG/YPJ (women skins would be amazing) vs. ISIS would also be amazing. Would love to fight the battle of Kobane or Sengal/Sinjar with mounted Dushkas etc.

What about Blue Helmets ? You can pretty much integrate any "occidental" weapon you want with it, use what's already planned (US and Brits stuff). And you can place it against whatever ennemy you want.

Ok so I know most people are gonna say their own country's military and so forth.

But I was thinking if you can break down the different conflict zones into separate made-up military campaigns in diffuse geographical regions of the world. Then you have the two already in the game like:

South Russia

• Russia
  • Militia: South Russia/Caucasus region militia. But not Chechen's you know, just "militia".

Central Asia (Afghanistan)

• United States Army
  • British Armed Forces
  • Insurgents: Not the Taliban per say, just "Insurgents"

Then we can add new ones like:

The Middle East

• USA
  • UK
  • Mashriq: A vision of pan Arab unity from the 70's made this fictional middle eastern dictatorship. It's large army with old Russian materiel fight all their neighboring country's basically.
  • Israel
  • Iran
  • Insurgents: Arab Islamic insurgent's

Eastern Europe (Kaliningrad Oblast, but not really Kaliningrad Oblast)

• Russia
  • Germany
  • Militia: Neo-kommunist militia

South China Sea

• Peoples Republic of China
  • United Stated Marine Core

East Africa (Northern Mali conflict)

• France
  • Insurgents: African Islamic insurgent's

Just theorizing here but.... it's hard to ignore the poll numbers for another Euro faction. I'd personally like to see Germany as I think they offer enough unique weapons and assets to make developing them worthwhile.

I feel like German and Chinese factions would also tap into large player bases and help Squad grow.

I agree with Germany/China.

It'd certainly be cool to see some maps in Chinese provinces. Lots of diverse terrain to play around with.