Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,232 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

Another case of players playing for esthetics: "I want to see my country represented and gush and feel proud about X"

Another Insurgent army

Current composition:
US
Russia
Insurgent
Militia

British = too diverse falls under Nato allied to an extent
China = not politically as divisive and sensical in a geopolitical stance
Middle East Forces = too segmented and proxied to differentiate
Other European force = Nato/UN blue helmets yet diplomatically man in the middle between US/Russia
African Forces = not sensical on a geopolitical stance in terms of sovreignty, even insurgency seems far fetched with regard to milita budgeting with currency controls
Another US Branch = overspecified with the current spectrum, yet interesting however as a subset within US is fine
Israel Defense Forces = politically controversial in the sense that flame wars could be led pushing other emotional agendas out of scope

Let me just suggest the model of counter-strike where you had an alliance:
1337 crew & guerilla: Middle-Eastern fundamentalists
Phoenix connection : militia
arctic avengers: sweden

History repeats itself and ultimately what a faction needs is some form of separatist and fundamentalist component which indicates a dissident rebellion within a global allied context which still stays relevant in the sense that an alliance versus organized warfare can be suggested within the context of maps and current factions because what squad needs is this emotional component in the sense that a style is played, just like terrorists were played with AKs they actually triggered a sense of style and blasting a push of toppling down a preconceived established order.

That's why I'd say another faction of insurgency but global with all terrorist groups designated in the classes for variety because let's face it, these groups are not organized and the last thing you see is equivalent roles and factions between forces and it's this kind of diversity and unconvential formless warfare which creates the conflict between two opposing forces, inject the philosophy behind the actual context

non-political comment, just pure gaming and exp. What squad needs is more soul, less rigid constructs inherited from arma and other milsims or the pure arcade gamesphere, let bygones be bygones, ashes to ashes.

I ask for France.

France is at war since 2001, and is actually currently the last european country able to protect the interest of UE anywhere in the world ; with a political and a passed-historical strenght, France is currently engaging terrorism in the closest "hot-area" where ISIS or Al-Qaeda :ph34r: are striking : Libya, Syria-Iraq, and, probably the most difficult and biggest challenge we're planning to do, ALL the Sub-Saharan Africa (from Mali to Chad) all alone (only with a few dutch choppers and english S-F, thx them :x).

Futhermore, if England is implemented, as their greatest ennemies-then-allies since about 10 centuries, it would be fair to add France after England. xD

Remember that France is the first military engaged nation in foreign countries (after USA), and is also the country of Human Rights, Freedom to Speech, and others Universal Values, so featuring the french forces with a "Freedom day sales !" or some other advertising stuff would be nice and effective on purchase ! :D

See what I mean.

Then for "bad guys side", I ask for China.

I know, the China army on a standard map or, worst, a desert Middle-East map would be weird, but China is currently one of the most agressive country, with their foreign policy with the Japan Senkaku Islands case, the North-South Koreas tensions, or overall the Pacific influence game between NATO-US-Japan and China, so including China would be also fair, for me. ^_^

See what I mean again.

I tell you what I think, you're free to say you agree or not, but think about it. 

To be interesting to play we just need countries who produce most of their own vehicles, materials and weapons. There is currently just a few country capable to do that :

UK

USA

Russia

France

Germany

China

(and in a lesser degree India and Israel)

I know that is a lot of western european countrys but it's a fact guys. In a logic to produce the best content quality  and dealing with a lack of resources the devs will probably introduce some countrys of this list only.

Just wanted to add the "Horde" style of loose formations, well shown in strategy games like Total War: Attila = Huns, TW Warhammer - Chaos

The bases are much more dispersed and the "order" in provinces is affected

Alot can be balanced and played with fobs, example more fobs can be set by loose disordered factions and ambushing with traps or the like can be set while affecting the strength of reinforcements (eg vehicle spawn frequency), see it as tactical or itemized bonuses that go beyond fob placement without going borderline into buffs and the sort. The balance of 1v1 isn't affected but the actual positioning affects the likelihood progression of point captures

Loose bases are easier to set and long term ones get stronger affecting the rate and dynamic, it's similar to an insurgency within a context of a stronghold versus a unilateral line vs line approach which is realistic for army formations

The ticket imbalance in the insurgency mode captures that well, that 300 spartan feel.

26 minutes ago, Korosif said:

I ask for France.

I'll agree with France as oldest ally of the US while playing a large part in the balance of the EU (which considers getting an army of their own) therefore, a mix of NATO or UE forces without any particular style or creed while realistically blending in, because you gotta consider the realism of the actual force in the context of US and Russia.

With regard to China, check their history in the context of the existing factions and maps, they have a wall for a reason.

I would like to see Denmark, i'm danish (yeah i know).

but per capita, we were the country with biggest losses in the coalition forces in afghanistan and Iraq, in the conquest after 9/11. I think it would be nice to have some viking warriors out in the field... and on the positive side - for a conventional army force, we dont have that much heavy equipment (leopard 2 tank, Warrior IFV, and some jeeps and trucks ofcourse exist in the danish army, but in very few numbers and rarely deployed). mostly infantry based actually, and no attack helicopters or anything, so I think it would make the games a bit more interesting since the insurgents would have more or less the same kind of arsenal available.

Yah, the greatest military fighting force in the world would be a nice inclusion *ahem* the United States Marine Corps. Should've just gotten rid of the original Army skins though, and instead of making new ones, just make the Marines.

if the cheesy taliban would be replaced by some more recent "oposing force", that would be great!

Brazilian Army Soldiers the Special Border Platoon (CIGS)

And a map on Amazon Forest against some Drug Dealer Faction or FARC Army.

Brazilian+Army+Soldiers+the+Special+Bord

Edited by Spinelli
added a video

I still think that a generic arab army like the MEC in PR would be a good option. Most assets for such an army is already ingame.

1. IDF - I like their equipment, plus the maps in PR were fun for both sides

2. British - Because i'm British

3. African Insurgency force

Canadian Forces.

Australian Defense Forces.

New Zealand Defense Forces.

U.S Marines.

Special Forces (e.g. Delta Force, SAS,DEVGRU)

i would like to see an African or arab regular amy, i know we suck in africa  in regular forces but i found this , it's the iraki Golden division, origin : middle east , they are currently the only regular forces besides syrian and russian army to fight ISIS, and they look very cool tho .

I would love to see the ADF as you would expect, but i also like the idea of France and the IDF as well
Or maybe Germany, because who wouldn't want MG3's? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

20 hours ago, Souf said:

i would like to see an African or arab regular amy, i know we suck in africa  in regular forces but i found this , it's the iraki Golden division, origin : middle east , they are currently the only regular forces besides syrian and russian army to fight ISIS, and they look very cool tho .

Or the Kurdish Peshmerga, or Dwekh Nawsha, or YPG, or YPJ, or Shadows of Hope, or SquadBay, or you know...the rest of the people over there....

I'd love to see some Ukrainian Army units in the future. Some T-64BV's and good old fashioned encirclements and trench warfare :P 1943334.jpg

Well, it's been long time since I requested PKK (kurdish guerilla) and Turkey to be added to the game. It's not that I have turkish origin, but I also want any other forces, such as France, to be added. It's not because I think those are cool things, but they're in REAL FIGHT. 

I totally understand British pick, since it's something like AMERICAN, almost! and sure there will be China later on, because they're the second powerful possible enemy of West, but hey, let's have a look ON REAL WARS people have been fighting for years on battlegrounds! 

It's like all game developers would ignore whole WW2 if US or GB haven't involved in it. There's a HISTORY is being written NOW in Syria.

How long will it take people to understand this will be our ERA's greatest war, instead of an imaginary Chinese War for example? 
I mean, in Squad there's an Islamist faction looks like Taliban, which is completely destroyed and nobody is even excited to kill them anymore in game, I believe? But there's ISIS! People would love to kill em. I understand concerns so you may not use their banner, but at least change uniforms for Taliban come on.

And the KURDS, screw taliban or isis, these guys are the most powerful milita on earth after african ones, they are capable of taking down Syrian or Iraqi countries if they wanted to. They're in fight against Turks for decades, they have their own dresscode ETC. How long will you guys keep rejecting, ignoring their fight? I am pretty sure it will sell. 

As for France and the Turks, unlike most of the EU countries who think bombing some of the Syrian soil is FIGHT (lmao) these two actively operates with ground forces and capable of producing their own arsenal! France in Africa, and Libya. Turkey in Syria, against Kurds and ISIS.

These 2 nations are the NATO countries who keep fighting and fighting everyday, without media coverage, -because they're not SUPERB worldpowerz! - and deserve to be honored. I want FAMAS, and Turkish MPT 76 in game so bad! Turkey and France are the two nations famous with their war history since the beginning of time, as well as BR! 

Can we at least get a decent reality check for these 3, devs? We should honor who's been fighting, not Chinese for doing nothing but marching with angry looks!

Edited by lastpuritan

valid points, but i think one of the main reasons we always have US vs RU vs others is because those countries has more people than most of other countries--> more players that wan't to play as their own military -->Game devs make games for the "mainstream".

I would like to see some maps with militia v insurgent, militia v militia/insurgent v insurgent, to replicate local civil wars and the like (this would of course require different factional uniforms for each team, but I think it could be interesting.)

Israel and France would be the most interesting additions to the game for me.

I also agree that there should be militia/insurgent mirror match maps to emulate what we're seeing in Syria and Libya.