Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,231 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

4 minutes ago, samogon said:

So it's actually Finnish vehicle,produced in Poland.Didn't it?

Licensed variant doesnt mean its copied 1:1.

4 minutes ago, samogon said:

Trucks are not to much important element in game to me.If diffirence between 2 factions are only trucks and camo - I didn't see diffirence at all.It's important for game,like ArmA.

Well, the logistic system in Squad is important and so are trucks

5 minutes ago, samogon said:

We going away from topic - were talking about... Polish faction aren't unique.Just have interesting mix of Soviet and Western equipment,nothing more.

I already told you. Most Soviet equipment is rarely used even if it is its just for training. Western equimpent? They got Humvees and Eotech holographic sights on the Beryls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_equipment_of_Sweden

If Poland doesnt have unique equipment, you'd probably should screatch Sweden off your list aswell

1 hour ago, mastah4 said:

Licensed variant doesnt mean its copied 1:1.

It is.Actually this vehicle is modular,so even if they have some native Polish,this doesn't really makes sence.

Well, the logistic system in Squad is important and so are trucks

so... you didn't read me again.Would you like to see 2 similar factions,which will have only 2 diffirences - camo and a logistic truck?

I already told you. Most Soviet equipment is rarely used even if it is its just for training. Western equimpent? They got Humvees and Eotech holographic sights on the Beryls.

Oh jesus.

The core of Polish Air Defence are still KUB systems.

All tanks are T72 modifications.

All helicopters are soviet made,except W-3.

All small arms are deep modification of AK platform.

Damn you,I didn't see something really unique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_equipment_of_Sweden

If Poland doesnt have unique equipment, you'd probably should screatch Sweden off your list aswell

Wiki lies. :)

And they missed a lot of weapons,which produced by Carl Gustav AB concern.

lets see:

-kpist m/45

-NLAW

-Carl Gustav

-AT4

-BILL Missile

-RBS-90

-CV9040

-CB90

-AMOS

-Automatic Artellery systems,such as BKAN 1 and Archer.

-Bandvagn 206

There is a lot of weapon and vehicles,which origin in Sweden,some of them used only by Sweden,and this isn't modifications.So yes,they still on the list.

Edited by samogon

I would like to see mixed European Forces. 2Squads french, 2squads german and 1 Squad British, something like that. IRL you have, usually different Nations combining their forces. I think this would be a great feature and easier to provide than 4 or 5 different small Nations.

1 hour ago, aCi said:

I would like to see mixed European Forces. 2Squads french, 2squads german and 1 Squad British, something like that. IRL you have, usually different Nations combining their forces. I think this would be a great feature and easier to provide than 4 or 5 different small Nations.

Edited for political reasons

Breaking up a team to consist of various national forces feels too much like Rainbow Six Siege,  and then people fighting over who wan'ts to be who. " i don't wanna be the french i wanna be the Germans or the Brits vice versa change squads" Your offering a compromise to the many who want their own country represented but it would truly destroy the immersion because nationals will take up their native squads first and then bicker over elitist remarks like the Brits are better or the Germans are better than the brits and french etc there's also more chance of blue on blue with the confusion between varied camouflage/equipment within the same team. As it stands now anyone not wearing the same uniform/clothes/fashion as me is an enemy simple although i will admit that alone doesn't seem to work for some.

Edited by Axle84

1 hour ago, samogon said:

Oh jesus.

The core of Polish Air Defence are still KUB systems.

All tanks are T72 modifications.

All helicopters are soviet made,except W-3.

All small arms are deep modification of AK platform.

I suppose the less you know about the Polish military the better ;)

7 hours ago, mastah4 said:

I suppose the less you know about the Polish military the better ;)

And what should I know then?

Tell me about unique polish developements.

I suppose you can't.Because they almost doesn't exists.Factories just create license copies.

All rest - just an echo of cold war.

Edited by samogon

Wait what, does Poland have an army? :D

Seriously guys, we are far from having the most powerful countries in game like China, India or TOP 5 NATO countries and we talk about Sweden, Poland etc. Yeah I want Portugal as well! 

On 10. Juni 2016 at 11:08 PM, Axle84 said:

Edited for political reasons

Breaking up a team to consist of various national forces feels too much like Rainbow Six Siege,  and then people fighting over who wan'ts to be who. " i don't wanna be the french i wanna be the Germans or the Brits vice versa change squads" Your offering a compromise to the many who want their own country represented but it would truly destroy the immersion because nationals will take up their native squads first and then bicker over elitist remarks like the Brits are better or the Germans are better than the brits and french etc there's also more chance of blue on blue with the confusion between varied camouflage/equipment within the same team. As it stands now anyone not wearing the same uniform/clothes/fashion as me is an enemy simple although i will admit that alone doesn't seem to work for some.

Due to the fact that the uniforms are pretty similar among the European Nations, compared to the talibs and insurgents, in-game, i can't see your last point. The argument with the nationalizm of some players is heavy, i didn't consider this fact. May it could be an option in the already planned customization menu for weapons. So your uniforms change according to the weapon you choose. Therefore the European team needs to have access to different weapons which could be an issue in terms of Balance, tough. Anyway, i would really appreciate a Europe Team, respectively mixed Teams like ISAF/KFOR.

On 11.06.2016 at 8:37 AM, lastpuritan said:

Wait what, does Poland have an army? :D

Seriously guys, we are far from having the most powerful countries in game like China, India or TOP 5 NATO countries and we talk about Sweden, Poland etc. Yeah I want Portugal as well! 

I do not care about Chinese or Indian army. They fought somewhere in the twenty-first century, except Battlefield 4 (China)?

Polish army numbers do not match  the US or Russian, but Polish soldier is brave and well trained, and our special forces (GROM) are among the world leaders. Our soldiers fought and die in Iraq and Afghanistan arm to arm with the anti terrorist coalition, and the SQUAD contain Afghan/Iraq maps. At last I am from Poland and I would like to fight Polish soldier in SQUAD. Simple.

GROM.jpg

16 hours ago, TznSiekiera said:

I do not care about Chinese or Indian army. They fought somewhere in the twenty-first century, except Battlefield 4 (China)?

Does Russia and USA ever had a full scale conflict?

The fact is - DEVs creating their own game,which far away from reality.So X faction fighting with Y faction is normal,even if it doens't ever been IRL.

As for X(European Faction) - usually it's just a mix of weapons and vehicles from diffirent countries.Poland isn't exception.

UK, Germany, Canada. However, by adding more "western forces" you may need to also come up with another faction on top of insurgents and militia to balance it out. Unless you want "western forces" facing one another, which is up to you folks.

Edited by quikstrike

Mods, may I ask you to remove RU and UK from the poll since they are confirmed? These factions drain too much votes from other variants.

On 6/11/2016 at 2:37 AM, lastpuritan said:

TOP 5 NATO countries and we talk about Sweden, Poland etc. 

poland is third in NATO by total army size including reserve

b t f o

29 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

b t f o

Yea Polish soldier as a playable character in anti insurgents/russian coalition, and i found the Game of My Life.

1 minute ago, TznSiekiera said:

Yea Polish soldier as a playable character in anti insurgents/russian coalition, and i found the Game of My Life.

>coalition

plz no

4 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

b t f o

German army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
French army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game. 
Turkish army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
Italian army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
They all are Nato forces. 

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=poland
Not seeing anything special here.  You got 100k active personnel (which is pretty average) and half million reserve (lol) and you call this army size, we are in 2016, not 1939. Nonsense nationalism there.

Edited by lastpuritan

10 hours ago, lastpuritan said:

German army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
French army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game. 
Turkish army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
Italian army is way better than yours, they aren't in the game.
They all are Nato forces. 

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=poland
Not seeing anything special here.  You got 100k active personnel (which is pretty average) and half million reserve (lol) and you call this army size, we are in 2016, not 1939. Nonsense nationalism there.

then look at active equipment and brigade figures. German ready brigades are much lower than Polish in material strength

http://www.globalfirepower.com/armor-tanks-total.asp

Germany simply has more AFVs because the Marder wasn't an export success, so they're just mothballed. On the other hand, everyone wanted surplus Leopard 2s, so their tank fleet is gone. Thus, I wouldn't really consider their massive Marder fleet as being better than Poland's AFV fleet.

The Malaysian Armed Forces would be a bitch though, its armoury is a mess of different weapons that are bought and sold from all over the place and chucked onto soldiers.

AK-102s, XM8s...

2 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

The Malaysian Armed Forces would be a bitch though, its armoury is a mess of different weapons that are bought and sold from all over the place and chucked onto soldiers.

AK-102s, XM8s...

that's how you know your military is suboptimal :P

I also really like the idea of aCi. Personally i would be really glad to have all major european forces in the game: Germany, France, Italy, UK, swiss would be very interesting, too, maybe Poland. I really cant see a problem with different uniforms: How do you think it works in real life, e.g. in the maneuver Saber Strike in Eastern Europe at the moment?

Since the developers wont be able to implement every nation a thing like the really existing Eurocorps would be cool (http://www.eurocorps.org/).

And i also cant see any problem with "racism", this is just bullshit. I would prefer to play the Bundeswehr, since i am German, but i would have fun, too when i would have to play the french army (yes, really :P) or austria. Banter over different nations is pretty normal and has nothing to do with racism at all.

Different insurgent skins. We know that the Insurgent player models are getting an upgrade, however, I think it would be great if we can have the upcoming Syrian-Esque models for the likes of Fallujah, however the current ones for the Afghani maps. 

I would rather stick to Middle Eastern factions and NATO countries that had direct involvement in the war on terrorism in the Middle-East. As much as Africa and European maps do sound epic, I think it'd be most appropriate to start with buffing the middle east theme before expanding to Europe, Africa or Asia. 

In my eyes, factions add one thing, weapon diversity, so at the end of the day its all a uniform and a weapon. 

But if I did have to add one faction it'd be the Afghan National Army. To allow battles similar to Russia vs Militia to happen, but only Taliban vs ANA. 

And if I had to throw another in, I'd be down for the Royal Parachute Infantry Regiment.

Rather than debating specific factions I'd like to suggest a faction that primarily has battle rifles. 

MEC in PR had it, and it offered a different dynamic in which they had supior fire at longer ranges, but it was difficult to handle in CQB.

2 hours ago, naezro said:

Rather than debating specific factions I'd like to suggest a faction that primarily has battle rifles. 

MEC in PR had it, and it offered a different dynamic in which they had supior fire at longer ranges, but it was difficult to handle in CQB.

Pakistan Army, Turkish Army, Iranian Army. There is no need to create MEC faction.