Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,191 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

I don't know about the "English with an accent" I personally liked the aspect of PR of initially not knowing what the words meant.  Eventually you either get to know what it means by context, or you actually learn what the words mean.  So I'm more in favor of factions speaking in their native dialects.

It's a placeholder while the game gets accurate, authentic ones through the community. Eventually all factions would speak in their native dialects. An English placeholder is better than halfassed Pashtu or Arabic.

Voiceovers are for the weak.

In a funny way you do make a point, there should be no need for voiceovers.  They may just be a relic of the old times.

In a funny way you do make a point, there should be no need for voiceovers.  They may just be a relic of the old times.

you've got a point. but that would mean that the commander would have to actually say "we've lost a CP, get a move on!" to the entire team whenever they lose a CP :P

you've got a point. but that would mean that the commander would have to actually say "we've lost a CP, get a move on!" to the entire team whenever they lose a CP :P

I see nothing wrong with that!  :huh:

The way people seem to be thinking of this game, it seems very likely that the CO will play an integral role, even more so than in PR.  Perhaps I will be wrong, but even so, a little bit of situational awareness will let any players know that a flag has been captured.  

Edit: I'm gonna self-moderate and say that we've gone far enough off topic.  maybe make a new thread

I am unaware as to how closely the Squad dev team wish to adhere to reality or hypothetical realism, but Russia do not posses the military might, current or projected, the be able to confront the United States' Military directly (and its presumed alliances) in a regional conflict and especially not full scale warfare. This assumption that Russia constitutes an equal threat to the US, militarily or geopolitically, is a fantasy remnant of the cold war, an awkward literary trope left over from 20th century fiction that is showing its age in the 21st, a time where threats of violence generally come in very complex and confusing shapes.

I would prefer anything other than Russia, even if it was another regional superpower using RUS/Soviet gear. And I couldnt give a damn about another BLUFOR faction until a proper conventional OPFOR is good 2 go.

China, on the other hand, poses a force large enough to contend with US forces in a conflict confined to East/South-East Asia.

Even EA realises that you cant leave China out. They largely include Russian forces in the BF series because what nation in the world is both a historic advisory to the US, in addition to having a distinct and diverse arms industry (DLC=$)?

DEAL WITH IT

The benefit of using the Russians is that a lot of other countries use their vehicles and weapons as is explained earlier in this thread. If we're going to be really picky about factions then why is the UK engaging China in warfare? The UK would struggle against China, yet no one says anything about it.The realism is not about the two sides and the back story behind each map, it's simply pitting two armies together with realistic game play. There's only so many conflicts currently happening so some fictitious engagements need to be put in. 

BLUFOR: Brits, US, Canada, IDFOPFOR: MEC, Russia, ChinaInsurgent Factions: Militia, Taliban, Hamas

USMC and Canada. Maybe Brits too. :P Australia if we are feeling really ambitious.

Opfor wise, China and MEC.

*DISCLAIMER*

The winner of the poll is NOT guaranteed to be featured in Squad. I am merely curious as to what people are interested in seeing in our game.

You are very welcome to respond with more options and elaborate on your vote and tell me why you want to see X faction in the game.

Have at it guys!

- Z

EDIT:  

FAQ : Current two factions that we are working on is US ARMY and Taliban

*DISCLAIMER*

The winner of the poll is NOT guaranteed to be featured in Squad. I am merely curious as to what people are interested in seeing in our game.

You are very welcome to respond with more options and elaborate on your vote and tell me why you want to see X faction in the game.

Have at it guys!

- Z

EDIT:  

FAQ : Current two factions that we are working on is US ARMY and Taliban

Definitely need to include British forces. If you are already developing the U.S. Army as a faction, then the Marine Corps can be put on hold until other factions are created.

South Korea vs North Korea would be awesome, and also super unfair. Has to be done assymetrical somehow. Would be tons of fun using the K11 though.

Posted Image

I think you'd have to manipulate the # of players on the teams because I could only see the North winning because of strength in numbers

I think you'd have to manipulate the # of players on the teams because I could only see the North winning because of strength in numbers

Nope. Both armies have around 600,000 in active duty with massive reserves.

South Korea vs North Korea would be awesome, and also super unfair. Has to be done assymetrical somehow. Would be tons of fun using the K11 though.

India, bet that's never been suggested for PR before... Hands up if you're Indian! I've never heard an Indian accent over mumble

India vs Pakistan as well. Japan vs China, India vs China, Japan vs DRPK, Russia vs Japan, etc

The benefit of using the Russians is that a lot of other countries use their vehicles and weapons as is explained earlier in this thread. If we're going to be really picky about factions then why is the UK engaging China in warfare? The UK would struggle against China, yet no one says anything about it.The realism is not about the two sides and the back story behind each map, it's simply pitting two armies together with realistic game play. There's only so many conflicts currently happening so some fictitious engagements need to be put in. 

Jay, all conventional conflicts depicted in BF2: Project Reality are fictional because there simply aren't any such conflicts ongoing in the world. That is not to say we have to compromise by not portraying any conventional conflicts, however, choosing RUS as conventional OPFOR is equally as detrimental to immersion as it is to the creative and artistic endeavour of a new game. Want to be like every other linear shooter out there? RUS. Even linear shooters are tiering of this crap. Not to mention the potential pull for the emerging Chinese videogame and tech market. The Brits, quite naturally as part of NATO or not, would assist the US in direct engagements against the PLA, as would many, many other 'BLUFOR' factions.Dear Squad. Do something else, forget the RUS. This isn't PR:BF2, you have lots of resources, a new energy within the team. The Russian faction can come in time, but mark yourselves out from the crowd as something other than a rehash, and do it before the market becomes saturated with Pacific conflict fiction.