Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,180 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

JayHawk   

They're different layouts on the same map, to put another faction such as UK or Germany in, a copy of the map would be needed (Kokan for example, you would need a completely new map folder with alternate server and client files). The issue is that it takes up more file size for having duplicate maps simply for different factions. It's definitely doable, UE4 isn't limited by localization issues.

JinxSwe   

Would love to see my own Sweden with AK5c, Carl Gustav, AT4, cv9040, SV122.Both from Kosovo and Afghanistan.But other then that is the IDF hands down. And on Second British

JayHawk   

Russia.

Models can be retextured and used for many other factions.

Can you expand on that? As far as I'm aware the Russian Army's standard issue PPE isn't standard with any other force

Spush   

Can you expand on that? As far as I'm aware the Russian Army's standard issue PPE isn't standard with any other force

A lot of the base models can be modified into the newer models. For example, the AK74 we have, we can easily convert it to the AK-74M, along with other AK rifles. That and the amount of vehicles that the Russian Federation still uses, can be re purposed to other factions with a few changes here and there.

we probably need to create a matrix that we can analyse to see what faction could logically find it's self in conflict with another, as it stands both the US and an insurgent force are good starting points as both have a wide conflict factor, but something like the IDF only has a small number of other factions it could logically find it's self in conflict with.  

wrecker   

This may not be what you're going for at all, but I've always wanted to play as the U.S. navy's Riverine squadron, part of the Naval Expedition Combat Command. I don't really know who the opposition would be but the NECC normally provides port security, so it could be for an AAS map on the coast.

I still believe that after a must Russian Forces and British armed Forces there is a big need fora Syrian faction (like in bf2pr) which would attract a Lot of ppl.

JayHawk   

Totally agree, but they should have proper British voices. The localization used for the British Army is completely stupid, I've never actually heard such a bad accent. There should be some scousers, geordies, londoners and brummies. None of this BBC English nonsense.

Melbo   

Totally agree, but they should have proper British voices. The localization used for the British Army is completely stupid, I've never actually heard such a bad accent. There should be some scousers, geordies, londoners and brummies. None of this BBC English nonsense.

Apart from the officers. They have to sound like complete Rupert's!

Pootin   

At least it's better than the MEC voices, those are a complete disaster. Apart from the non-dialect and the symantics errors, one of the phrases they say actually means the complete opposite of what it's supposed to be. But that's BF2's fault anyway. :D

JayHawk   

MEC voices are DICE's stock work for BF2 afaik, they were kept and used for any remotely "jihad-type" forces, even the Africans in Ramiel (which is completely wrong but beggars can't be choosers, allegedly).

Pootin   

MEC voices are DICE's stock work for BF2 afaik, they were kept and used for any remotely "jihad-type" forces, even the Africans in Ramiel (which is completely wrong but beggars can't be choosers, allegedly).

It's not technically wrong for Ramiel, as Arabic is spoken in Somalia, but yes, DICE did a mediocre job with those.

IMO, Squad should start with two voiceovers, one proper American, to be used for the US and as a placeholder for future blufor factions, and one "English with an accent" as a placeholder for the Taliban and future opfor factions, while proper ones would be created by the community over time.

JayHawk   

From what I can remember, the Taliban speak either Pashto whereas some of those originating from Pakistan speak Urdu. It'd be great to hear correct voices in game but it's more money. A placeholder seems like a good idea, I'd rather the devs spent their time working on game play than correct voices.

wrecker   

IMO, Squad should start with two voiceovers, one proper American, to be used for the US and as a placeholder for future blufor factions, and one "English with an accent" as a placeholder for the Taliban and future opfor factions, while proper ones would be created by the community over time.

I don't know about the "English with an accent" I personally liked the aspect of PR of initially not knowing what the words meant.  Eventually you either get to know what it means by context, or you actually learn what the words mean.  So I'm more in favor of factions speaking in their native dialects.