Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,231 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

This might be a little controversial but... here goes...

A modern day American Rebellion

The reason Americans have the right to bear arms...

I mean lets say people oppose the american leadership as americans? 

I'm confused as well as whether or not we are allowed to "imagine" rather then just pick any other present situation in the world

Americans VS Americans. who would step in between that?

The opposition force or the bad guys will wear flannel camo and use buckshot ammo in shotguns and ballistic tipped long range hunting rifle ammo.  this would be hilarious on the map start. Instead of durka durka references when you are on the insurgent side you will hear... YEE HAWS and HOT DAMNS!.... the fights could occor small town anywhere america... or D.C.

god forbid you lose to the rebel forces and have to hear their cries of glory.

I'm confused as well as whether or not we are allowed to "imagine" rather then just pick any other present situation in the world

The opposition force or the bad guys will wear flannel camo and use buckshot ammo in shotguns and ballistic tipped long range hunting rifle ammo. this would be hilarious on the map start. Instead of durka durka references when you are on the insurgent side you will hear... YEE HAWS and HOT DAMNS!.... the fights could occor small town anywhere america... or D.C.

ballistic tipped?

wot m8?

Marines vs China should definitely be done when the opportunity arises.

I mean you can make any number of arguments argument for (x) faction, but the big players here are really just the US army/USMC, China, and Russia, along with whichever various insurgent factions are unlucky enough to find their way into the mix. 

So this is only my humble opinion:
(By priority)
1: USMC- Relevant literally anywhere on the planet. Thrown into any and every situation where uncle Sam wants something blown up, broken, torn apart, pulverized, incinerated, and riddled with lead. The Army can come too.
2: China- Global superpower and threat to US might in the Pacific. Would mostly involve island/pacific/coastal battles- a good conventional opfor for the USMC.
3: Russia- Big bear putin flexing those oily muscles of his. Would mostly involve land based battles with plenty of tanks and armor- a good conventional opfor for the US Army.
4: Secular Militia/Rebels/Insurgents- your standard "f*ck the man" faction. Crud guns and IEDs for a variety of skirmishes against a superior conventional army
5: Generic Islamists ("hardcore" terrorists with guns)- Better equipped and slightly more organized than average insurgents, an ok faction for any recent middle-eastern conflict
6: India- BLUFOR and possibly even OPFOR, India is hugely relevant in the case of a large scale conflict in central Asia or worldwide for that matter
7: Iran- Tense foreign relations with the US, regional power, stands up to NATO
8: UK- America's best war-buddy. Iraq, Afghanistan, and independently relevant for just about anywhere else in the former British empire (so actually anywhere if you think about it)
9: Syria+Rebels- well balanced low-tech warfare against insurgents
10: IDF+Hamas- relevant contemporary conflict with some unique settings and weaponry

Honorable mentions:

1: France- Interesting Euro faction as it has a strong international presence and remains more involved outside of Europe than most other EU states
2: AU+African Insurgents/Rebels- Often overlooked, some of the most gritty and unfortunately all too common warfare on the planet

3: Ukraine+Rebels- relevant contemporary conflict
4: Peshmerga- well balanced low-tech warfare against insurgents
5: Australia- Apart from contribution to Afghanistan, also supplements NATO power projection in the Pacific
6: Pakistan- Works great for BLUFOR and OPFOR alike. Could go up against almost anyone else on this list.
7: Germany- Strong force, apart from Afghanistan, DE would be a heavy contributor in a hypothetical NATO war effort against Russia alongside the French. Otherwise Germany doesn't like to play outside as much as the French or Brits do... 

This is taking into account current warzones and more interesting/likely potential conflicts between more relevant forces. I think a huge issue with PR was the imbalance in community support towards a plethora of (statistically speaking) less significant blufor factions. If you look at the funding, logistics, numbers, history, and capabilities, these make a lot more sense than having 1 or 2 maps to show off a faction that wouldn't really be as pivotal in a major conflict (not to draw away from the awesomeness or well-deserved respect for most of these Armies).

2: AU+African Insurgents/Rebels- Often overlooked, some of the most gritty and unfortunately all too common warfare on the planet

3: Ukraine+Rebels- relevant contemporary conflict

I'd like to see these two but i've never been a fan of China in Games, their Weapon set just seem's really boring for some reason.

I've yet to see Poland as a faction in any game, and being Polish... Poland! Afterall we are an active military and could be used for european scenarios, possibly against russian army and militia/insurgent scenarios in eastern or cental european settings. 

the more factions the better!

maybe after release you could add the rest of the factions as DLC? or Free. wouldnt be fussed as long as the factions are done well

Insanitypays:

6: India- BLUFOR and possibly even OPFOR, India is hugely relevant in the case of a large scale conflict in central Asia or worldwide for that matter

I'd honestly never thought of India as a possibility but with their geopolitical placement and their army's equipment roster they could make a really interesting and unique addition to the game. India v China anyone?

The opposition force or the bad guys will wear flannel camo and use buckshot ammo in shotguns and ballistic tipped long range hunting rifle ammo.  this would be hilarious on the map start. Instead of durka durka references when you are on the insurgent side you will hear... YEE HAWS and HOT DAMNS!.... the fights could occor small town anywhere america... or D.C.

Maybe Rednecks and Hillbillies vs Coporate Security Mercs

It would be cool to throw some Russian forces in there. Perhaps the 76th Pskov Guards Air Assault Division. 79_big.jpg

It would be cool to throw some Russian forces in there.

Russians are confirmed, bro

Insanitypays:

I'd honestly never thought of India as a possibility but with their geopolitical placement and their army's equipment roster they could make a really interesting and unique addition to the game. India v China anyone?

better India vs Pakistan. they have a beef that goes back to 1947 iirc

What about an American Civil War scenario? God forbid, but maybe an asymmetrical warfare between US soldiers and good ol' FREEDEM FIGHTEN MERICAN CITIZENS FER MORE FREEDEM

I could be massively misjudging the international community's interests, but I'd be more interested about almost any other civil war compared to a modern day American scenario. You've already had one!

My vote is still with China, especially after THIS MASTERPIECE!