Z-trooper

Factions You Would Like To Play As Or Against

Faction wishlist poll  

2,231 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction would you like to play as/against the most?

• British Forces
    • Russia
    • China
    • Middle East force (real - state in comment which nation)
    • Middle East force (fictional - we make one like MEC from PR)
    • Another European force (such as German, French or something else)
    • African Forces
    • Another US branch (such as USMC)
    • Other (explain in comment)
    • Another Insurgent army (state which in comment)
    • Israel Defense Forces

I'd like to see if you can dig up some sort of East, South-east asian coalition. Apparently Singapore's military is small but on point, have them go against their larger neighbors Indonesia and Malaysia.

Perhaps South Korea too to go against China/NK.

For the British armed forces, could we possibly see special forces instead of conventional forces?

Guys, as Russia and Britain are on the kickstarter map along with core features such as helicopters, I think it is safe to say that it is set in stone that those factions are definitely going to be in. Perhaps we should remove them from the list?

This thread is definitely no longer of any use to the devs.

But it's fun to make "what if" posts with other video game nerds on a forum.

This thread is definitely no longer of any use to the devs.

But it's fun to make "what if" posts with other video game nerds on a forum.

i'm pretty sure their decision to include russia and britain isnt the end of the world for the game, so no :P

they might still get some ideas for future reference.

Would love to play as some Nato force (like Germany) but i think i would be okey with British & Russian Forces too.

I will wish to revive the debate. We can add as in many other games, russia, Chinese or German factions. But how to be different? Insert a NATO force (at best a European Task Force, since the Squad fans are also European).

In Europe there are only two major countries with an army able to respond at any time and in any places around the world. The UK and France with two iconic units for each of them. SAS and Special Forces Francaises (who gather in the COS with the 1stRPIMA and the 13th RDP to be simple)

It would be good not to do like everyone and sought to be different, in the worst case, the community will try to integrated other faction.

Sorry for bad english

It would be good not to do like everyone and sought to be different, in the worst case, the community will try to integrated other faction.

Sorry for bad english

I'm having a hard time understanding this part, could you try rewording it?

1) some "regular" OPFOR (Russia, China, Iran)

2) other European forces (UK, French, Italy, Germany)

I'm having a hard time understanding this part, could you try rewording it?

Sorry dude. In case of the devs wouldn't work on a new european task it does not matter. The community and modder will introduce news team with mods. Thats better?

Sorry dude. In case of the devs wouldn't work on a new european task it does not matter. The community and modder will introduce news team with mods. Thats better?

Yeah that is. You're probably right, lots of factions will be developed by the community. All in time though, these things take a ton of work. I'm sure regardless of where the kick starter ends, we will be getting a ton of content come version 1.0

Think this thread has long exceeded its usefulness, Brits and Ruskies are going to be in, unconventional factions/the insurgents will not be explicitly named and will be flexible, what more can be said? Theres like 500+ replies to this already. 

I'd love to see some sort of european insurgent force, fighting the russians (think Chechnya). Wouldn't require much besides an insurgent reskin.

I'd like to see a contractor group added, because would be a nice thing to see for those of us that have worked as independant and/or company security contractors.

I'd like to see a contractor group added, because would be a nice thing to see for those of us that have worked as independant and/or company security contractors.

You mean ike Blackwater for example?

Wouldn't they come under the generic term of "mercenaries"?

Like "Baltic Mercenary Forces" for example?

:)

You mean ike Blackwater for example?

Wouldn't they come under the generic term of "mercenaries"?

Like "Baltic Mercenary Forces" for example?

:)

Ya pretty much, I didn't say mercenary because even thou by defination contractors are mercenarys. Just contractor is a more welcomed word.

i've voted for MEC from PR,

cannot play a game that has the root of BF2 and PR without MEC inside, the second most played army by everyone who has played BF2 and PR:BF2

Same opinion as Gorenor. MEC is one of the best faction of PR that i love! The guns, the vehicles even the voice-acting of the soldiers! I hope we will see this faction on squad.
Untill then, a "Kungula" for all!

eventually seeing Canada in the Game would be awesome, as well as Germany or the UK